Greg Olsen

Da Bears 88

The main objectives for Ron Turner this off-season (or the new offensive coordinator) are going to be to devise more ways to get Hester involved on offense (mainly just so he can be out there for a lot more plays and that way teams will have to eventually play off him allowing some of those gimmick reverse type plays to work), an improved rushing attack (and this will start with a new oline) and a way to devise more schemes that utilize the Bears TE's (Olsen/Clark).

The main objectives for Ron Turner this off-season (or the new offensive coordinator) are going to be to devise more ways to get Hester involved on offense (mainly just so he can be out there for a lot more plays and that way teams will have to eventually play off him allowing some of those gimmick reverse type plays to work), an improved rushing attack (and this will start with a new oline) and a way to devise more schemes that utilize the Bears TE's (Olsen/Clark).

You're on the right track DBDB. I think Berrian is a goner, so grooming both Hester & Bradley needs to be a priority. I think Hester will need to fill Berrian's void as a deep threat, and Bradley needs to be able to step in as a legitimate starter.

To improve the rushing attack, I agree the o-line is the best way to go. I'n not against bringing in a new RB to compete, but I think if we can replace Miller, Brown, and possibly Garza, we'll be able to have a decent running game regardless of who starts.

I also think we need to draft a receiver to fill the role Moose was supposed to fill; the #1, reliable, go-to WR.

Most WRs take 2-3 yrs to develope & contribute. If we want to replace Moose we will need to draft a prospect but also pick up a vet FA to fill the role while the draftee develops. Not sure what vets would be available but I am sure there will be a few at a reasonable cost.

You're on the right track DBDB. I think Berrian is a goner, so grooming both Hester & Bradley needs to be a priority. I think Hester will need to fill Berrian's void as a deep threat, and Bradley needs to be able to step in as a legitimate starter.

To improve the rushing attack, I agree the o-line is the best way to go. I'n not against bringing in a new RB to compete, but I think if we can replace Miller, Brown, and possibly Garza, we'll be able to have a decent running game regardless of who starts.

I also think we need to draft a receiver to fill the role Moose was supposed to fill; the #1, reliable, go-to WR.

Bradley needs to hold onto the damn ball. The drop today was inexcusable.

Peace :bears

I can not count the number of times i yelled at the TV this season: " Where is Olsen?" or "Get Olsen on the field!"

I did the same thing. The guy has awesome speed & hands for a TE.

Too bad John Gilmore was out there instead of him. :bang

I did not realize J Jones was going to be a FA. My guess is he would be expensive. He is a very good RB. Would look great in tandem with Benson behind a GOOD OL.

Yeah, I wonder if Jones ends up getting less money than someone like Michael Turner because Turner has more "potential", since he hasn't started and some team is thinking they have a serious sleeper who will be a stud (based on the production Turner had backing up Ladanian).

Jones on the other hand, eventually got replaced by Marion Barber (whose a darn good back, imo) and maybe some teams will not pay him big money since he isn't a star, yet he is still a very quality back who would give the Bears a boatload of depth and give me tons of confidence (plus it would allow the Bears to completely forget about taking a RB in the draft, since you'd have Peterson/Benson/Jones/Wolfe).

I did the same thing. The guy has awesome speed & hands for a TE.

Too bad John Gilmore was out there instead of him. :bang

I understand the uses of Gilmore because he is a stud when it comes to blocking as a TE (so in certain situations, especially non pass, going to pound the heck out of it, I don't mind going with Gilmore). However, I also think we need to do a lot more with Olsen lining up as a TE and than splitting him out wide as a wideout (I think if the Bears really move Olsen around, you'll see so many more mismatches out there and when you factor in having Olsen and Hester eventually on the field at the same time defenses could really have some trouble; Especially if the Bears improve the line and have a top 12 rushing unit, which I think they are capable of having next year if they have a good off-season).