Is anybody watching today's Game

fenom283

Johnathan Stewart is a beast he is the Guy I really want in the first but after today I doubt he will last to us. RB is a must Benson is not the answer this guy makes us a dangerous team. I would carry 4 RB's and maybe 1 FB or 2 TE's.

He seems alot like Mendenhall.

Stewart is an absolute beast... but ain't no way we are drafting a RB with our 1st pick... Benson still has 1 more year to prove himself.

Benson is absolutely horrible, yes the Oline is bad but we need to get better at the skill positions. I been saying this for a while this is a deep OL draft we can pick up a solid OT in the 2nd if Long and Clady are gone then who??? Baker, Otah, Cherilius, these guys are are not to far from Chris Williams or Tony Hills. A RB like Stewart is far from that of maybe Ray Rice or Mike Hart. We need to get better at the skill position.

Benson is absolutely horrible, yes the Oline is bad but we need to get better at the skill positions. I been saying this for a while this is a deep OL draft we can pick up a solid OT in the 2nd if Long and Clady are gone then who??? Baker, Otah, Cherilius, these guys are are not to far from Chris Williams or Tony Hills. A RB like Stewart is far from that of maybe Ray Rice or Mike Hart. We need to get better at the skill position.

Benson played his best when we had a QB playing that could throw the ball more than 20 yards.Plus there is no way in hell we have a 5 millons dollar RB sitting on the bench again. OL early and often.

Benson played his best when we had a QB playing that could throw the ball more than 20 yards.Plus there is no way in hell we have a 5 millons dollar RB sitting on the bench again. OL early and often.

Benson didn't hit any of his incentives so his salary is manageable Maybe not enough to get cut but it's not as big as it was before hand. Benson gets a hole as few as they were and maybe get 6 or 10 yards a special RB sees a hole and can pick up 20 or more yards thats the difference he does not have any cut back ability he has no vision and even with better Oline play he is gonna give you pedestrian numbers. Stewart with pick #14 we have a gamebreaker.

If the Bears add a RB it will be later on in the draft (at least 2nd round or later and I think 3rd or later is more realistic) or via FA (Julius Jones, Lamont Jordan). I'd say Michael Turner but I don't think the Bears are going to want to give out the type of money that Turner will get (plus Turner will likely get a 4-5 year type contract while you could probably get the other guys to agree to shorter term deals).

I'm really liking the idea of Julius Jones, Cedric Benson, Garret Wolfe (I think the Bears are stuck keeping Benson because he is a top pick who was bad this year but there were a lot of factors that played into things). Peterson could fit in as well but I don't know if they want to carry 4 backs (I'd love for the Bears to trade Wolfe but that probably isn't realistic nor do I think they would want to just dump Peterson since he's a great special teams player, a darn good receiver out of the back field and an all around class guy).

Benson didn't hit any of his incentives so his salary is manageable Maybe not enough to get cut but it's not as big as it was before hand. Benson gets a hole as few as they were and maybe get 6 or 10 yards a special RB sees a hole and can pick up 20 or more yards thats the difference he does not have any cut back ability he has no vision and even with better Oline play he is gonna give you pedestrian numbers. Stewart with pick #14 we have a gamebreaker.

Do you honestly think Benson is gettin cut? Cuz i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it aint happening.

If the Bears add a RB it will be later on in the draft (at least 2nd round or later and I think 3rd or later is more realistic) or via FA (Julius Jones, Lamont Jordan). I'd say Michael Turner but I don't think the Bears are going to want to give out the type of money that Turner will get (plus Turner will likely get a 4-5 year type contract while you could probably get the other guys to agree to shorter term deals).

I'm really liking the idea of Julius Jones, Cedric Benson, Garret Wolfe (I think the Bears are stuck keeping Benson because he is a top pick who was bad this year but there were a lot of factors that played into things). Peterson could fit in as well but I don't know if they want to carry 4 backs (I'd love for the Bears to trade Wolfe but that probably isn't realistic nor do I think they would want to just dump Peterson since he's a great special teams player, a darn good receiver out of the back field and an all around class guy).

Keep 4 Rb and 1 FB. Have a FB on the practice squad just in case. Get rid of McKie as we need a blocking FB (like Richardson from Minny).

Peace :bears

Keep 4 Rb and 1 FB. Have a FB on the practice squad just in case. Get rid of McKie as we need a blocking FB (like Richardson from Minny).

Peace :bears

That works for me. Wolfe and Peterson are solid special teams contributors and you never know what happens with injuries. Plus, you know if Benson struggles early or doesn't do what you expect of him you can dump him at the end of the season knowing that you still have a pretty deep set of backs.

I think Ced stays and gets another shot next year, however, read on. Wolfe stays because he gives us something in open space that nobody else on the roster except for Hester can, just quit running him up the middle all the time. Wolfe's first down on a 3rd and 25 play was great to see.

We are loaded with good special teams players and our GM tends to draft more of them every year, or even sign a FA for just that purpose so it will be AP who is on the bubble. I expect to see a Tiki Barber type RB on the roster to compete with Ced for the starting role. A guy with more quickness and speed to make the back cuts, get to the outside etc. Julius Jones could fit that role for us.

I expect we'll be heading to training camp with 4 RBs competing for 3 roster spots and depending on where we draft a RB, or what we sign in FA anyone of the 4 could get cut. If we draft a guy in the first 3 rounds or put out a big signing bonus to an FA then I expect Ced competes with AP for a job.

Put me in for DRAFTING A FB or grab one via FA. I agree with Nfol in that we either get a true road grader except to add that I'd also be glad if we get a guy who can block acceptably while also being able to do something with a handoff or screen pass. McKie is just ok at both roles, our FB has to excel at something.

I see us signing Chris Brown to a small contract... hell, we almost signed him the previous offseason. He adds good competition to Benson and when healthy he is a real good RB. But the thing is when healthy, so that is why we carry 4 RB's. Benson, Brown, Peterson, and Wolfe would be a good combo. RB get dinged up thoughout a season, and rather then carrying two FB's, we should just carry 1, with someone on the PS.

Also, McKie ain't going anywhere... he is fine at FB. He isn't an all pro or anything, but he does his job.