Sounds like Ced needs competition

Connorbear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get on board the Mendenhall RD 2 bandwagon. I was really impressed with what I saw from him today in the Illini beatdown. He really looks like he has some explosiveness and athletism and If he was there in the 2nd I'd be more than willing to draft him. He seems to have good hands and good running instincts which could lead him to develop into a very complete back in the NFL.

Mendanhall will be gone somewhere in the 20's. He's the 2nd best eligible runningback in the nation. With the Cards looking to dump Edge, I see them picking either him or Stewart with their pick.

So my guess is McFadden, Stewart and than Mendenhall. You are probably right that all three of those guys go in RD1 but are there any other under-classmen or other backs that could enter in and give a better shot at Mendenhall sliding into the 2nd?

Given tonight's performance I Find it unlikely but gosh darn was he impressive against USC (which has an awesome defense).

So my guess is McFadden, Stewart and than Mendenhall. You are probably right that all three of those guys go in RD1 but are there any other under-classmen or other backs that could enter in and give a better shot at Mendenhall sliding into the 2nd?

Given tonight's performance I Find it unlikely but gosh darn was he impressive against USC (which has an awesome defense).

Steve Slaton, Tony Temple, Knowshon Moreno, Maybe even Mike Hart or Chauncey Washington. Next years RB draft class could be pretty special.

I thought Tony Temple cant go back cuz he lost like a Red shirt year that he appealing. If he comes out I dont know how good he will be hes tiny like (5-9 200). Might hurt his stock end up in the 4th.

after Temple's bowl game, i doubt he is going to continue with the appeal. That guy is going to try to hit paydirt ASAP

my RB rankings as of now...

01. Darren McFadden*, Arkansas

02. Rashard Mendenhall*, Illinois

03. Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon

04. Felix Jones*, Arkansas

05. James Davis*, Clemson

06. Steve Slaton*, WVU

07. Jamaal Charles*, Texas

08. Chris Johnson, ECU

09. Kevin Smith*, Central Florida

10. Ray Rice*, Rutgers

11. Allen Patrick, Oklahoma

12. Mike Hart, Michigan

13. Andre Brown*, North Carolina St.

14. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech.

15. Cory Boyd, Sout Carolina

16. Rafael Little, Kentucky

17. Matt Forte, Tulane

18. Dantrell Savage, Oklahoma St.

19. Ryan Torain, ASU

20. Justin Forsett, California

* indicates a Junior and so far McFadden and Charles (Charles just declared today) are the only one we know of who will for sure declare. I think Mendenhall and Slaton will declare, as well as Jon Stewart. Davis is still up in the air, but he should probably declare since Spiller will be taking even more of his carries next season. Rice and Smith would both be stupid not to declare. Smith said he is returning but he might rethink that decision since his stock will never get higher. Plus, teams will shy away from him and Rice next season if they go through another season of getting the ball non-stop, kinda like Hart. Felix Jones could go either way, by staying he could raise his draft stock from being a 1st rounder to a top 10 pick. Brown should stay as well.

my RB rankings as of now...

01. Darren McFadden*, Arkansas

02. Rashard Mendenhall*, Illinois

03. Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon

04. Felix Jones*, Arkansas

05. James Davis*, Clemson

06. Steve Slaton*, WVU

07. Jamaal Charles*, Texas

08. Chris Johnson, ECU

09. Kevin Smith*, Central Florida

10. Ray Rice*, Rutgers

11. Allen Patrick, Oklahoma

12. Mike Hart, Michigan

13. Andre Brown*, North Carolina St.

14. Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech.

15. Cory Boyd, Sout Carolina

16. Rafael Little, Kentucky

17. Matt Forte, Tulane

18. Dantrell Savage, Oklahoma St.

19. Ryan Torain, ASU

20. Justin Forsett, California

* indicates a Junior and so far McFadden and Charles (Charles just declared today) are the only one we know of who will for sure declare. I think Mendenhall and Slaton will declare, as well as Jon Stewart. Davis is still up in the air, but he should probably declare since Spiller will be taking even more of his carries next season. Rice and Smith would both be stupid not to declare. Smith said he is returning but he might rethink that decision since his stock will never get higher. Plus, teams will shy away from him and Rice next season if they go through another season of getting the ball non-stop, kinda like Hart. Felix Jones could go either way, by staying he could raise his draft stock from being a 1st rounder to a top 10 pick. Brown should stay as well.

I cant believe Charles is coming out I thought he would stay back with Colt McCoy, the kid is a real Home Run Hitter. I live in Texas and watch most of their games he is like the running back version of Devin Hester if he has a slight hole he is gone and nobody is gonna catch him and he has great vision.

Charles and Patrick are the two runningbacks I would select to give competition to Benson, excluding all the ones who will be gone most likely come the 2nd round (Mendenhall, McFadden, Stewart, etc.). Both are home run hitters, and are the type of backs we need to compliment Benson and Peterson. Charles, if he is there in the 2nd, would be very tempting. However, I think either the Cowboys with their 2nd 1st rounder would snatch him up, and if not them then the Raiders would probably. Patrick is more of a 3-4 rounder since he is very raw at RB but he is a home run hitter in his own right.

...and he needs a diet.

...and he needs a brain.

...and he needs a heart.

...and he needs good health insurance since he's always hurt.

...and he needs a one way ticket out of Chicago.

He got a little fired up when someone suggested the Bears bring another RB. Maybe this will light a fire under his arse.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...earnt01.article

Peace :bears

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009597386

Longhorns' Star Running Back Poised To Enter NFL Draft In April

Texas will enter the next season minus running back Jamaal Charles, who said Wednesday that he has decided to join the pros in the next draft in April.

Charles announced his decision following a response he got from the NFL. Texas said the running back has initially sought feelers for the draft and was enamored with the response he has received. The school's statement did not cite specifics on where Charles might suit up in the NFL.

Maybe this would get Benson moving. Draft another Longhorn RB.

Charles is very intriguing, but it looks like there is a good shot he might run a 4.3 at the combine as he is super fast, and if that happens, he won't make it out of the first, let alone top 20.

Allen Patrick showing off how he is a homerun hitter so far tonight with that huge return.

Charles is very intriguing, but it looks like there is a good shot he might run a 4.3 at the combine as he is super fast, and if that happens, he won't make it out of the first, let alone top 20.

Allen Patrick showing off how he is a homerun hitter so far tonight with that huge return.

I am a pretty big fan of both of those guys. I'm sure one of them would be there in Rd2 and both contain something the Bears really don't have in the backfield (speed....now I know Wolfe is fast, but Patrick/Charles have the size of a starting RB).

I would love to get Charles though, I think he is going to be an above average NFL starter.

I am a pretty big fan of both of those guys. I'm sure one of them would be there in Rd2 and both contain something the Bears really don't have in the backfield (speed....now I know Wolfe is fast, but Patrick/Charles have the size of a starting RB).

I would love to get Charles though, I think he is going to be an above average NFL starter.

Its not like I have a man crush on this guy but every time Charles sees a seam he is gone. The last like 4 games Texas has been down at least 2 touchdowns then they start handing it off to Charles and this guy is for sure gonna break one for a TD.

When ever they need a TC they give him the ball. They actually run the ball when they are down.

I'm with ya on that!

I'm starting to get on board the Mendenhall RD 2 bandwagon. I was really impressed with what I saw from him today in the Illini beatdown. He really looks like he has some explosiveness and athletism and If he was there in the 2nd I'd be more than willing to draft him. He seems to have good hands and good running instincts which could lead him to develop into a very complete back in the NFL.

Slaton?