Who are you rooting for?

DaBearSox

Who are you rooting for?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Giants
    • Patriots
    • God I hate the east coast

Well I gotta say I could really give a s*** about the Super Bowl this year. Just wondering how everyone else feels...do we have any Pats love on this site?

I voted for the Pats. No Pat love - just want to shut up the 72 Phins. I hate them more.

Peace :bears

I'm emotionally detached and could care less. I dislike both franchises. Both have already won numerous Super Bowls, so there's no tie in to root for an underdog per se.

If the Bears aren't in it and I can't root against the Packers...it's all just an excuse to eat and drink too much one last Sunday...

Well I gotta say I could really give a s*** about the Super Bowl this year. Just wondering how everyone else feels...do we have any Pats love on this site?

Took the words out of my mouth. I am FAR from a fan of the Pats, but I really hate the '72 phins. I have NEVER seen a player or team act as the phins w/ regard to a record. Most often, the record holder praises the person/team on the verge of breaking the record, to the point of cheering for them. It is well worth the Pats winning this year, just so long as the '72 phins and their champaign go away.

Be careful what you wish for! I know far too many Boston/New England fans that are amoung the worst poor sports and antogonizers I've ever ran accross. It only takes a few bad eggs... I would Miami to get shut up too, but I'd have rather it been done by a different team. I fear we will never hear the end of how NE is the best ever of all time for decades to come... I'll still match the '85 Bears agasint any team... The good thing about that team is they they weren't as universally loathed like the Pats are outside of NE fans. McMahon was polarizing, but Payton kept the balance. Not to just reagain some of that form!

Took the words out of my mouth. I am FAR from a fan of the Pats, but I really hate the '72 phins. I have NEVER seen a player or team act as the phins w/ regard to a record. Most often, the record holder praises the person/team on the verge of breaking the record, to the point of cheering for them. It is well worth the Pats winning this year, just so long as the '72 phins and their champaign go away.

I'm emotionally detached and could care less. I dislike both franchises. Both have already won numerous Super Bowls, so there's no tie in to root for an underdog per se.

If the Bears aren't in it and I can't root against the Packers...it's all just an excuse to eat and drink too much one last Sunday...

That sums it up nicley. :bears :dabears

Normally the guy is annoying, but Steve Rosenbloom from the Trib today has this appropriate paragraph:

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....ld-be-char.html

The Choice (and remember, death is not an option): Rooting for Dr. Evil Bill Belichick to coach the greatest undefeated team in NFL history or leaving the 1972 Miami Crankypants as the only unbeaten Super Bowl champions?

You seem rather excited to see the Pat's go undefeated.

Personally, the only team I want to see go undefeated resides in Chicago.

Amen to that sentiment!!!!!!!!! The only team that should have all the records for the NFL resides in the Greatest City in the World, With the Greatest Fans in the World and butts up to the shores of Lake Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do not give a damn about this game, it will be nice to socialize at our annual bash once again and enjoy the commercials again. I am also glad that I do not have to listen to cheesehead nation speaking about being there once again. As far as the two teams in it, either way it will be a miserable off season once they win and we'll never hear the end of it from their followers. The sooner 2008 starts in July, the better we'll all be.

I'm with you Chitownman!

Just one last Sunday to overeat and drink!

Amen to that sentiment!!!!!!!!! The only team that should have all the records for the NFL resides in the Greatest City in the World, With the Greatest Fans in the World and butts up to the shores of Lake Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do not give a damn about this game, it will be nice to socialize at our annual bash once again and enjoy the commercials again. I am also glad that I do not have to listen to cheesehead nation speaking about being there once again. As far as the two teams in it, either way it will be a miserable off season once they win and we'll never hear the end of it from their followers. The sooner 2008 starts in July, the better we'll all be.

Hoping for some freak event in which they can both loose. Then moments later the remaining members of the '72 Dolphins are swallowed up by the earth, abducted by aliens, or rendered speachless (would us the term dumb, but with that group I figured it was a given), or any combination of the these. In all honesty I could care less. I hate the Pats, but I don't care for the Giants either. I can't stand the east coast bias, and I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the Pats are all that and a bag of chips. In a sick twisted way I long for the days when the Pats are reduced to doormats of the NFL and the Bears take their place among the elite by winning multiple championships..... I'm still waiting. Here's hoping that starts next year :)

I know NE fans are smug. No argument there. But each time a team in the future "threatens" the 19-0 record, I am not nearly as sure NE as a team would act so smug. I can not see Brady standing in front of the camera popping a bottle as soon as that team loses a game. For me, it is more about the players than the fans, and I do not think the NE players are nearly as smug as those '72 dolphin players.

I also would have loved for that record to be broken by another team, but let's be honest. It was a strong record, not easy to break. Who knows how many more years I would have to see those phins back in the spot light. Further, while I dislike NE, I dislike many teams, and I am not sure how many teams would be likely to threaten the record that I like. At least neither GB, nor Dallas, will be the ones to do it.

I follow, but something tells me guys like Wilfork and Harrison won't nearly be the gentlemen that Seau and Brady would. Don't forget, you say that now, talk to those same NE players 36 years removed and you may see the exact same. Bottom line for me, if it's not the bears...I don't like it!

Heck, I never thought it would happen, but i never thought someone other than Sanders would break Walter's record. So odds are someone else will do it, and by dammit...I want that team to be the Bears! In the meantime, I'll take some solace that at least it's not Green Bay!

I know NE fans are smug. No argument there. But each time a team in the future "threatens" the 19-0 record, I am not nearly as sure NE as a team would act so smug. I can not see Brady standing in front of the camera popping a bottle as soon as that team loses a game. For me, it is more about the players than the fans, and I do not think the NE players are nearly as smug as those '72 dolphin players.

I also would have loved for that record to be broken by another team, but let's be honest. It was a strong record, not easy to break. Who knows how many more years I would have to see those phins back in the spot light. Further, while I dislike NE, I dislike many teams, and I am not sure how many teams would be likely to threaten the record that I like. At least neither GB, nor Dallas, will be the ones to do it.

I follow, but something tells me guys like Wilfork and Harrison won't nearly be the gentlemen that Seau and Brady would. Don't forget, you say that now, talk to those same NE players 36 years removed and you may see the exact same. Bottom line for me, if it's not the bears...I don't like it!

Oh give Harrison a break on his attitude issues. The steroids make him crazy!

I have no love for the Giants and but I despise the arrogance of the Patriots fans. They all run around like their entire coaching staff and GM are geniuses for drafting Tom Brady in the 6th Rd. Not to take anything away from Brady but it's a simple fact that if you can an elite QB in any round of the draft is going to setup your team for a ton of success for the next 6-10 years. Right now they have the best team in football without a doubt. I'll be rooting for the underdog Giants because I love a good upset.

Interesting how Brady comes down to earth with 3 INTs when he gets a lot of pressure on him. Just wanted to point out a very Rex-like stat.

I voted for the Pats. No Pat love - just want to shut up the 72 Phins. I hate them more.

Peace :bears

Same here. I hate the dolphins almost as much as the pats, so shutting them up will be a good thing...of course we will then have to hear about Belid*ck and Brady popping the cork every year... :stick