I have many:

Super Bowl win in 85

Hester punt return for TD @ Arizona

Urlacher takes over the game @ Arizona

Gould FG to beat Seattle

Safety vs New Orleans

Berrian TD catch vs New Orleans

Hester opening kickoff TD in Super Bowl

To pick one, I'd have to go with the Hester Super Bowl TD, just b/c at the time of the Super Bowl win in 85, I was 7 and I have a vague memory of it.

What is your favorite Bears moment ever? :dabears

I have many:

Super Bowl win in 85

Gould FG to beat Seattle

Safety vs New Orleans

To pick one, I'd have to go with the Hester Super Bowl TD, just b/c at the time of the Super Bowl win in 85, I was 7 and I have a vague memory of it.

Well, I will go with 3 moments I saw in person last yr:

1. Hester's return in the SB.

2. The last 10 minutes of the championship game against NO. SF was rockin, the snow was falling, and you knew we were going to win.

3. Gould's game winning against Seattle.

Peace :bears

THE moment...for me, was seeing Walter Payton hug Jim McMahon around the shoulders with only minutes remaining in Super Bowl XX. Given all that we know now, to me that is my Bears moment.

As far as one play...the Hester return of the Giant's missed Field Goal is the one. It's just like a dream sequence in Madden...

The Urlacher performance in the Arizona miracle game is huge, as is the Mike Brown picks in '01 in the last seconds... Also Dent's pressure in SB XX... There are many!

But the moment is Sweetness and Jimmy Mac...and the play is Hester's Giant's return.

I have many:

Super Bowl win in 85

Gould FG to beat Seattle

Safety vs New Orleans

THE moment...for me, was seeing Walter Payton hug Jim McMahon around the shoulders with only minutes remaining in Super Bowl XX. Given all that we know now, to me that is my Bears moment.

As far as one play...the Hester return of the Giant's missed Field Goal is the one. It's just like a dream sequence in Madden...

The Urlacher performance in the Arizona miracle game is huge, as is the Mike Brown picks in '01 in the last seconds... Also Dent's pressure in SB XX... There are many!

But the moment is Sweetness and Jimmy Mac...and the play is Hester's Giant's return.

I have to agree with you on these moments. They are some of my all time favorites to remember and to watch. Another one that I am able to add is the day that Walter passed Jim Brown for the career rushing yards title. Did not really want to stop the game and just continued to show what a special person "Sweetness" was. I also have to throw out the first game that I got to see as a kid growing up. It was against the Baltimore Colts and Bert Jones just picked us apart however, it was the first game ever that I had been to and it was just my dad and I at the game. I believe it was back like in '72 or '73 and we sat in the South Endzone. Man I miss the way Soldier Field used to be.

The day sweetness broke Brown's record was a great moment! It wasn't a great play (I think it was a 2 yard gain or something)...but dang, I do so remember that moment fondly!

My first game only came as an adult...but thankfully it was in the old solider field to get to experience that. I do miss it. But I don't miss the bathrooms or concessions!

I have to agree with you on these moments. They are some of my all time favorites to remember and to watch. Another one that I am able to add is the day that Walter passed Jim Brown for the career rushing yards title. Did not really want to stop the game and just continued to show what a special person "Sweetness" was. I also have to throw out the first game that I got to see as a kid growing up. It was against the Baltimore Colts and Bert Jones just picked us apart however, it was the first game ever that I had been to and it was just my dad and I at the game. I believe it was back like in '72 or '73 and we sat in the South Endzone. Man I miss the way Soldier Field used to be.

I have many:

Super Bowl win in 85

Gould FG to beat Seattle

Safety vs New Orleans

For me it was Sayers scoring six TDs in one game. Yeah, the Bears pretty much sucked otherwise, but watching Sayers and also Butkus . . . that was football.

I also must admit that my wife got scared when I jumped up and yelled when Hester took that Super Bowl kickoff to the house.

There have been some great moments for us, for sure.

I'm jealous Chile!

I never got to see Sayers or Butkus play. (I'm 38). My dad went to Illinois the years that Butkus played college and talks about him like something unbelievable! He also swears Sayers was the best runner he's every seen...even better than Brown and Payton. I've only seen the rare highlight here and there. The Bears need to release some DVD's of these guys (and many others)! I think us fans would eat 'em up!

I too blew a gasket on Hester's return in the SB. I was so convinced we'd win it at that point. Dang Grossman...

But I will gladly keep all the great moments in exchange for the FAR MANY MORE bad ones. The good ones are just THAT GOOD!

For me it was Sayers scoring six TDs in one game. Yeah, the Bears pretty much sucked otherwise, but watching Sayers and also Butkus . . . that was football.

I also must admit that my wife got scared when I jumped up and yelled when Hester took that Super Bowl kickoff to the house.

There have been some great moments for us, for sure.

I think if you were to poll me in 1985 or so, that would be there!

nobody mentioned the fridges touchdown in the super bowl thats a surprise...me being about the size of the fridge (well not really but its close lol) that has got to be mine....i remember getting chills during that AZ game so thats a close #2.

For me, this is an easy question. MY favorite Bears moment (as opposed to the BEST Bears moment objectively) was watching Jim MacMahon come off the bench after having been hospitalized in the third week of the 1985 season on Monday Night Football against the Vikings.

MacMahon had been sick with flu or something, and had been in the hospital. Ditka, knowing that he had a special team that year (although not yet knowing HOW special I'd bet) knew that risking a MacMahon inury while sick was less important than winningn that particular game, and so he told MacMahon that he would not play him no matter what. MacMahon was upset by this, ever the competitor, so he stood next to Ditka with his helmet on asking to play during the entire game - making Ditka visibly angry on national TV.

By 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, the Bears were down something like 20-0, and Ditka - not looking to win the game, but rather to let Macmahon fail publically, since he had been pissing him off all game, put MacMahon into the game.

The first play was a safe dump off - a screen pass to Payton on the left side. Remember, a screen pass is not one where you read an have options. You throw the ball to the RB, period. Or, if he's truly covered, you throw it away.

part of the play is that Willie Gault streaks down the left sideline to take coverage with him, to open up space for Payton underneath. Remember, Gault is never getting the ball on this play.

So, MacMahon steps back, and on his first play fires a 70 yard pass to a VERY surprised Willei Gault, who takes it in for a touchdown.

The defense holds and gets the ball back, and Mac Mahon goes back in, hitting a 50 yard touchdown pass within a few passes.

Soon thereafter, Macmahon throws his third TD in under 5 minutes to put the Bears ahead. Macmahon wlaks to the sideline, and hands Ditka his helmet to say "NOW I'll sit down".

It was at precisesly that moment that the Bears knew their destiny. macmahon had established that it was HIS team on offense, and that they would be every bit as agressive as Buddy Ryan was being on defense. The team had swagger after that - they barked at opponents, and intimidated them. it was the moment the '85 team was born.

There were other great accomplishments that year - holding two teams to NEGATIVE TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS FOR A GAME - which is insane. Walter Payton capping off his amazing career, and so much more. But this moment was, for me, the microcosm of everything that team became.

This doesn't diminish the greatness of players like Gale Sayers, Willie Galamore, Dick Butkis, Sid Luckman, Red Grange or so many others. There are SO many great moments and players to cherish in the history of this franchise. But this one moment is the moment I fully swallowed the bait, and becaome a lifelong fanatic - so for ME, this is the best Bears moment ever.

Its so good in fact, that i have probably embellished some of the details. Correct them if you like - the true history is probably good to knw - but this is my MEMORY of it, and I cherish it! :)

1. The Bears dominating playoff run in 1985, 21-0 against the Giants, then 24-0 vs the Rams. In the Rams game, the snow starts coming down and the Bears D gets a fumble recovery and runs it in.

2. Hester's SB runback. There was so much hope after that score....

3. Sweetness breaking the all-time rushing mark.

4. The "They are who we thought they were game" in 2006

Worst one: Payton not getting a TD in the Super Bowl, ugh.

Well I am gonna add some from games I was at.....

1. Keith Traylor's INT runback against Jacksonville

2. Allen's catch from Shane Matthews to tie the game against the browns (Mike Brown would later win the game for the 2nd OT in a row)

3. Me remarking "Who the hell is #25 and why is he covering Steve Smith" in the Bears '05 playoff game against the panthers...2 seconds later whoever the hell #25 was got burned and Smith got a long TD catch....I know this really isn't one of my greatest moments but after I made the comment my whole section in the UD said I should be the D. Coordinator.

For Hester's return, out here in Colorado, my Bears group almost tore down the bar....

For me, this is an easy question. MY favorite Bears moment (as opposed to the BEST Bears moment objectively) was watching Jim MacMahon come off the bench after having been hospitalized in the third week of the 1985 season on Monday Night Football against the Vikings.

Awesome one NYC! I love a lot of the ones mentioned here so I'll add a more obscure one...

Bryan Robinson's kick block against the Packers the week after Sweetness died in 1999. It's become known as the Payton Game and even though the win was totally meaningless in a lost season, I had tears running down. It was a great "moment" and Robinson said something along the lines of "I felt #34 picking me up into the air." These types of moments are what make sports worth following.

paytoncard.jpg

That's another great one!

Awesome one NYC! I love a lot of the ones mentioned here so I'll add a more obscure one...

Bryan Robinson's kick block against the Packers the week after Sweetness died in 1999. It's become known as the Payton Game and even though the win was totally meaningless in a lost season, I had tears running down. It was a great "moment" and Robinson said something along the lines of "I felt #34 picking me up into the air." These types of moments are what make sports worth following.

paytoncard.jpg

My favorites are:

Obviously the SB victory

Sayers 6 TD game against San Francisco

Payton running for 275 against Minnesota

Marshall and Wilson running side by side after the fumble in the NFC Championship game. It seemed like it was all in slow motion

The Bob Thomas FG in 77 against the Giants to put us in the playoffs for the first time since 1963.

I was there. The one and only time I have ever been in GB. It was a great moment. Lambeau field got real quiet except for the approx 1000 Bears fans. I will say the GB fans were very nice that day (except for 2 aholes behind us - they disappeared real quick after Robinson blocked the field goal). Coolest part of the day was the Tuba section of the Wisconsin marching band coming out at half time with Walter Payton 34 spelled out on the tubas. It was unreal.

Peace :bears