Otah

Flacco

Kevin Smith

Johnathan Hefney

Dorien Bryant

Rubin (who?)

Dizon (who?)

Crummey (who?)

I like the first 4 picks, however, I'd probably rather have Slaton then Smith, and I just don't know...If Hardy is there when we pick for the 2nd time, I'd looove to have him, yet I'd looove to have Flacco, too. AHH GOD! I don't know what to do!

Just for the record, I think Flacco is a huge reach in the second round. He's slowly morphing into the QB version of Mandarich.

I'd like it if the Bears went after another OLineman in the 2nd.

this is apples and oranges, Mandarich was the second overall pick in the draft, not a second round pick. Mandarich' problem was that the he didnt live up to the media expectations of "the best offensive lineman ever", and the Packers had to deal with all of the players that they missed in the first round(Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders were in the same draft. total draft list). Will everyone be lamenting what 2nd round and 3rd round picks the Bears missed on because they selected Flacco? Doubtful.

What has Flacco done to lower his value? I have heard nothing that indicates that Flacco is messing up at his workouts, and all I am hearing is good things about him.

Dizon is a bad a$$. he was tackling machine for Colorado

I see him going in the 4th or before, if he drops to the 6th round it would be a huge pick-up. For the life of me I don't know how he didn't win Big 12 Def. Player of the year....a lot of pissed off people here in boulder when that news came out. I believe he led the NCAA in tackles this year....

While I agree the Mandarich analogy is a stretch, I think his point refers to the idea of players who have big jumps in the offseason.

I don't know much about Flacco, but I too question many of the players who, after actually play is done, begin exploding up the draft boards. Again, this is not in reference to Flacco, as I said I don't know as much about him, but I always question the workout warriors. So often you see a guy who is considered maybe a late 2nd round pick (for example) who drops eye popping numbers on track surfaces, and shoots well into the 1st round. A RB who never showed great explosion on the field, but then puts up a 4.3 40 on a track becomes a mid 1st rounder. An OT who leads all players in bench reps explodes up the charts. A QB, who in drills, does things rarely seen from him when under pressure. These are players I prefer to avoid.

Players I like are the ones who have more questionable workouts after solid college careers. I remember Kevin Jones was considered a huge speed/home run threat. Anyone who watched him in college knew he was fast. Then he runs average at best 40s on a track, and suddenly he isn't a speed back, and falls in the draft.

That is the "sort" of player I like to draft, as I consider them great values, while avoiding the John Thierry workout warriors.

I see him going in the 4th or before, if he drops to the 6th round it would be a huge pick-up. For the life of me I don't know how he didn't win Big 12 Def. Player of the year....a lot of pissed off people here in boulder when that news came out. I believe he led the NCAA in tackles this year....

i think he led the nation the last 2 years

While I agree the Mandarich analogy is a stretch, I think his point refers to the idea of players who have big jumps in the offseason.

I don't know much about Flacco, but I too question many of the players who, after actually play is done, begin exploding up the draft boards. Again, this is not in reference to Flacco, as I said I don't know as much about him, but I always question the workout warriors. So often you see a guy who is considered maybe a late 2nd round pick (for example) who drops eye popping numbers on track surfaces, and shoots well into the 1st round. A RB who never showed great explosion on the field, but then puts up a 4.3 40 on a track becomes a mid 1st rounder. An OT who leads all players in bench reps explodes up the charts. A QB, who in drills, does things rarely seen from him when under pressure. These are players I prefer to avoid.

Players I like are the ones who have more questionable workouts after solid college careers. I remember Kevin Jones was considered a huge speed/home run threat. Anyone who watched him in college knew he was fast. Then he runs average at best 40s on a track, and suddenly he isn't a speed back, and falls in the draft.

That is the "sort" of player I like to draft, as I consider them great values, while avoiding the John Thierry workout warriors.

Flacco had a pretty good college career. He originally went to Pitt but wanted to start right away so he transferred to Delaware St.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=146278

i think he led the nation the last 2 years

Whether he led the nation in tackles this year, last year, or both years, knowing now that he was the Big12 DPOY, then I'm all for his drafting, maybe even in an earlier round, say 4. He could be an above average LB for us when let's say, Briggs moves on and Urlacher gets older.

Dizon is a bad a$$. he was tackling machine for Colorado

I live in Denver and watched a few CU games on tv and would agree Dizon plays with good instincts, technique and with a high motor! Do not remember CU's LB coaches name but he is a former LB with the CHI Bears! The only nock on Dizon is he is not very fast and is a little undersized for a LB. But that does not mean he could not make an impact on ST!

I just want to bring up one player who was flying up draft boards after being a total workout warrior. No one knew if he could handle the position shift from safety in college, but now he's widely considered one of the best MLB's to ever play the game. Brian Urlacher!!!!

Yea, as a Neb fan, I will say Dizon is a beast. I would love to pick him up.