Thayer says Orton should start

Connorbear

Should we mention the interceptions dropped by the other teams? I won't mention the, well ya I will, way he stares down his receiver. I am not disagreeing with the status of the WR issue but yet now the excuses for why he failed begin again. You want to talk about stereotypical answers, then tell me what is different then the sterotypical excuses being made for him. I guess it's everyone elses fault he doesn't have pocket presence.

I did forget the 3rd round is now on day 2 i was feeling more towards either the 2nd or 3rd in regards to addressing the QB situation.

If I had my way the Bears would actually get some talent evaluators that have the ability to find quality talent on the offensive side of the ball. They continually get undersized QB's when they draft early while trying to address the QB position...aka Cade Mcclown and Rex I got hurt when the wind blew on me Grossman. We won't mention the projects at WR and don't forget they drafted David Terrell full well knowing he had a broken leg.

" Since weve had him as the QB has been one of the longest stretches of the Bears winning since the early 90s."

Did I just read that correctly you are stating the Bears have been winning more since Grossman was QB? He has only been healthy 1 season in his entire career. Wow 1 winning season is a long stretch? Last time I checked he hadn't played much before that due to injury. Given he did look better when he finally came off the bench but again got hurt. That stint is the only reason I would even consider bringing him back as he finally showed some improvement. Also, I don't think I have ever bashed on Grossman, the information in regards to what is wrong with him, tell me which part of what I said wasn't accurate?

Hey Orton had to deal with the same situation and the main difference I saw between the 2 was the fact he was able to STEP UP in the pocket to aviod sacks instead of backpedalling another 5 to 10 yards before being sacked. If Grossman was able to fix his pocket presence issues it would be great as he has a beautiful deep pass. Have you seen anywhere where i have said DONT BRING REX back? Again, I am just tired of him being handed the starting job and there not being a true competition in training camp for the starting QB position.

Ok, I got it. Youre idea is to find talent evaluators that have the ablility to find quality talent. You know what, we better keep this a secret so no other teams jump all over this. After that we can find some talent evaluators for the defensive side of the ball than we will have the most talent in the league.

Wow, the whole time I thought we needed stuff like line help but it turns out we just need someone to evaluate offensive talent and then were set. Maybe we should get this info over to John Paxson and Kenny Williams too. We can just tell them to hire people to evaluate talent and then we will succeed.

Also, out of curiosity, which QB of the Bears would you say has been the best since the late 90s? Im sure you werent one of the people calling for Ortons head in 05 because we know how patient you are at letting players develop. So who was it, Kordell? Matthews? Moreno? McNown? Chandler? Krenzel?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got it. Youre idea is to find talent evaluators that have the ablility to find quality talent. You know what, we better keep this a secret so no other teams jump all over this. After that we can find some talent evaluators for the defensive side of the ball than we will have the most talent in the league.

Wow, the whole time I thought we needed stuff like line help but it turns out we just need someone to evaluate offensive talent and then were set. Maybe we should get this info over to John Paxson and Kenny Williams too. We can just tell them to hire people to evaluate talent and then we will succeed.

Also, out of curiosity, which QB of the Bears would you say has been the best since the late 90s? Im sure you werent one of the people calling for Ortons head in 05 because we know how patient you are at letting players develop. So who was it, Kordell? Matthews? Moreno? McNown? Chandler? Krenzel?

No I am stating that I have not been happy with the clowns they have been bringing in. Just because Grossman is the shiniest turd we have doesn't change the fact he is a turd. we keep drafting and bringing in talent that doesn't live up to the bill from where they are drafted due to poor evaluation in the draft. We are not talking about the line we are talking about the quarterback position. I know it's easy to change the subject but lets stick to the point. We are both aware of the need on the OL and the issues involved with that. But keep in mind the OL was a strong point of this team up to this year. So that excuse holds no water in the debate. Before last year we had good running backs in Thomas Jones and Benson, before his head got to big and slowed him down, so that can't be used. The list of clowns you just mentioned further solidifys my point that our talent evaluators keep bringing in second rate quarterbacks over and over, so I'm not sure where your going with that. I see so 5 years of waiting is not being patient huh? Not to mention I stated i wanted him to compete for the starting job and not have it handed to him. Do you actually read what I post?

No I am stating that I have not been happy with the clowns they have been bringing in. Just because Grossman is the shiniest turd we have doesn't change the fact he is a turd. we keep drafting and bringing in talent that doesn't live up to the bill from where they are drafted due to poor evaluation in the draft. We are not talking about the line we are talking about the quarterback position. I know it's easy to change the subject but lets stick to the point. We are both aware of the need on the OL and the issues involved with that. But keep in mind the OL was a strong point of this team up to this year. So that excuse holds no water in the debate. Before last year we had good running backs in Thomas Jones and Benson, before his head got to big and slowed him down, so that can't be used. The list of clowns you just mentioned further solidifys my point that our talent evaluators keep bringing in second rate quarterbacks over and over, so I'm not sure where your going with that. I see so 5 years of waiting is not being patient huh? Not to mention I stated i wanted him to compete for the starting job and not have it handed to him. Do you actually read what I post?

My point is that its not as easy as hiring a talent evaluator and then drafting studs. I never said Grossman was a stud but he is the "shiniest turd" in your eyes. Your solution is to hire someone to evaluate talent? Did it ever cross your mind that that might be easier said than done? Well the reports tonight are that the Bears have resigned Grossman, I hope thats not the case for your sake. Out of curiosity? What are your thoughts on resigning Berrian? Wanna talk about the " shiniest turd" I hope you hate him to or you simply are a hypocrite.

Hmm, maybe Thayer should realize that Orton isn't a #1 QB. :lol:

Dude if orton isn't a real starting qb what's rex? I believe orton had a better td to int ratio than rex. Hell I think even greise had a better td to int ratio. But hey keep drinking that kool-aide :drink Rex is a bum, no he's like the coaches son. Everyone knows he sucks, but he still starts because of that reason. But hey at least I'll get enjoyment from watching sportscenter breaking down his stats in the good rex and horrible rex categories. Horrible rex is putting up some impressive numbers!

Thats pretty much what I said idea wise without the shitting all over Rex. I said there should be an open competition for QB and they should draft one too. However, I dont think it should be in the first two rounds. You can hate Rex all you want but you seem to forget he has had more success at QB than any Bears QB since Kramer. Since weve had him as the QB has been one of the longest stretches of the Bears winning since the early 90s. He wasnt gonna put up Peyton Manning numbers but we were winning and thats all that should matter.

He may be short, inconsistent and whatever else but as of right now, the Bears are a better team with him on the roster and that cant be denied. If you had it your way the Bears would have a new QB every year and until they fix the other offensive issues they will all struggle to have the success the Bears have had the past few years.

Also, you didnt address my point about his second stint last season. I think even non Rex supporters have to admit he seemed much better since the Oakland game. He was eliminating mistakes, making smart throws and checking down. All this with AP at RB, WRs that were more inconsistent than he was and literally a revolving door on the line. He had no time to throw and still wasnt turning it over much. Not to mention, not one WR on the roster would ever try to knock down a ball that could be intercepted.

Look at Brady and Moss. How many times did Brady just launch it up in the air and Moss would either go get it or knock it down if he couldnt. Thats a huge security blanket for QBs. If Rex did that it gets picked off because the receivers give up on routes, drop passes and never make plays. Last year, the job of being QB for the Bears might have been one of the toughest situations to be in for the whole league. If Grossman ever lands on a team with more talent around him he can have a lot of success. Just claiming he sucks and listing stereotypes about him is pointless. All those flaws you list in him are greatly effected by the players around him. IE, He may not step into sacks if he didnt have a tackle in his face immediately. He might not be so inconsistent if he had a legitimate number one receiver or even a running game.

The offensive problems arent his fault. No quarterback would have performed with that offensive unit.

Dude brady at least chucks it up there where moss can knock it down. Rex chucks it 15 yds over the wr's head in into the arms of the fs!

My point is that its not as easy as hiring a talent evaluator and then drafting studs. I never said Grossman was a stud but he is the "shiniest turd" in your eyes. Your solution is to hire someone to evaluate talent? Did it ever cross your mind that that might be easier said than done? Well the reports tonight are that the Bears have resigned Grossman, I hope thats not the case for your sake. Out of curiosity? What are your thoughts on resigning Berrian? Wanna talk about the " shiniest turd" I hope you hate him to or you simply are a hypocrite.

So are you actually saying anything or just arguing for the sake of getting the last word? Did I ever say it was easy? No, but the current plan they have been using the last 20 years to bring in a proven NFL quarterback hasn't worked. Since the scouts and talent evaluators not to mention coaching have failed in bringing in or developing a quarterback you have to start looking at what it is your doing wrong and that starts at the top. What factual points have you made to back you point? The only thing you have done is generalize the argument that if you don't want Grossman to start without earning it you must be a Grossman hater and anything you say has no merrit. In regards to Berrian what the hell does that have to do with an open competition at the QB position?

" I hope you hate him to or you simply are a hypocrite."

This further proves my point in regards to the narrowminded nonsense spewing out of your communication hole and honestly doesn't make any sense. If you ever read any of my posts in regards to Berrian you would see that I have stated time and again he kind of reminds me of a taller Anthony Carter. Before you start howling nonsense maybe you should actually put the time into reading what other people say.