Mcfadden long gone

ostrogoth

League insiders tell the NY Daily News that "it's looking more and more like" the Jets will take Darren McFadden with the No. 6 overall pick.

He'd have to be there, but the smart money is on McFadden not being a top-five pick because of off-field concerns. The Jets are expected to use this draft to upgrade their overall team speed.

Free agent LB Brendon Ayanbadejo has narrowed his possible destinations to the Jets and Ravens. He'd been offered four-year deals by both clubs.

He'll sign Thursday. He'd have a slightly better chance of playing defense in New York as an inside linebacker, though it'd only be as a reserve.

Brett Favre will address the media on Thursday.

Favre's retirement will be a little more convincing when he holds a press conference, though he probably won't say much about the Randy Moss speculation. One semi-encouraging thing for the Packers is that they'll save a ton of cap room when Favre is placed on reserve/retired

A bit ironic. He is drafted high by AZ, and is the young stud. later, he is in Chicago, and has short term memory as he cries about Benson being giving the job. Now he goes to NY, and wanna guess how he will feel about yet another young stud being drafted?

Ward??? Maybe. Durability issues too me thinks.

"Ward Runs and Runs and Then Limps Off " - New York Times. Dec 2, 2007

After playing the Bears by the way.

What scares me about Ward is that him, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Brandon Jacobs all looked flat out great this year. Reuben Droughns looked good at times also. So either this team has the best group of running-backs ever assembled, or Derrick Ward was more the product of his system.

Derrick Ward was picked #34 in the 7th round. That means he can't be much of a burner.

Yes he tore up the Bears defense, but after week 3, who didn't???

I'd be extremely cautious about adding yet another mediocre running-back to the mix.

So will they trade TJ back to Chicago? :)

Jesus if they did that I would be pissed. Thomas Jones is not the player that alot of Bear's fans make him out to be. I really don't think he is that good and he basically proved that when he signed with the Jets. He can't break any tackles whatsoever and can't outrun defenders in the backfield. He was best in space where he let his vision do the work.

Jesus if they did that I would be pissed. Thomas Jones is not the player that alot of Bear's fans make him out to be. I really don't think he is that good and he basically proved that when he signed with the Jets. He can't break any tackles whatsoever and can't outrun defenders in the backfield. He was best in space where he let his vision do the work.

You sure as hell are quick to rip on someone as soon as they are gone. I'd welcome TJ back with open arms. The guys is a human muscle. And as far as breaking tackles, I think you watched a different Bears team than I did in the past. He's pretty shifty for a guy that bulky, and he can run over a few guys. Someone on another board had a .gif of him stiff-arming a Dolphins player in the face and thrusting him out of bounds, but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Found it...

You sure as hell are quick to rip on someone as soon as they are gone. I'd welcome TJ back with open arms. The guys is a human muscle. And as far as breaking tackles, I think you watched a different Bears team than I did in the past. He's pretty shifty for a guy that bulky, and he can run over a few guys. Someone on another board had a .gif of him stiff-arming a Dolphins player in the face and thrusting him out of bounds, but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Found it...

I love being right. I was right about TJ the entire time, and it appears that I was right about Benson (wish I wasn't). Anyone who says that TJ didn't run through tackles needs to watch this video. He clearly breaks arm tackles more than once, and has the cutback ability that is so sorely needed behind a bad OL. Come to think of it, he did well with the Bears this whole time because he was that style of runner. And then Benson comes in and is a one-cut, dive to the hole kind of guy. Well, those holes aren't there, and Benson sucked.

Couple things.

One. You say you were right about Benson, yet also often talk about how no RB could do well behind our OL. Is that not a bit of a conflict?

Two. I do agree that, w/ failures of our OL, TJ would be the better runner. A system Benson could be very good, IMHO, would be Denver. The OL blocks to create a open in a specific place, and often does so. RB makes one cut and bursts through. When I saw a hole this past year, I also saw Benson make a solid cut and show more burst than most give him credit for. The problem was when the hole was not there. TJ is better in that situation. A remember a goal line play when TJ went left, nothing was there, and he cut back all the way to the far right for a score. Great play, and not one Benson would make.

Three. A final point. Benson has been in the league what, three years? You say you were right about him, seemingly making a judgement. Would you care to go back and look at TJ's first three years? He too was on an awful offense, w/ an awful OL. He too dealt w/ injuries, questions of his character and motivation. He too struggled w/ competition w/ a veteran (Pittman). Frankly, there are more similarities in the 2 RBs first three years than you may realize.

My hope is that a change of scenary is not what Benson needs. I think TJ started to look better once he was placed in a better offense, w/ a better OL. Once that happened, he gained confidence and started to run w/ more authority than he previously showed. My hope is that happens w/ Benson, here in Chicago, after we upgrade on offense.