Bears sent representative to see Flacco

GakMan23

Its gonna be interesting to see what he does. I think we will know what kind of qb he will be in the NFL within a half of his first game.

I think he's going to have to earn that start. He won't go on the first day and likely won't go till the 5th or 6th round (probably just after Woodson). I think in the right spot a year or two from now you could really see him pan out.

Given that I don't mind Rex/Kyle and I feel the Bears have more important current needs than QB (we have a lot of holes to fill if we plan on competing this season, so I think taking a QB during the 1st 2 or even 3 rounds would probably be indicating that the franchise is looking more towards 09 than 08) I would have no problem holding off and taking Brennan (or Johnson from San Diego in the 4th as a couple year project).

I think he's going to have to earn that start. He won't go on the first day and likely won't go till the 5th or 6th round (probably just after Woodson). I think in the right spot a year or two from now you could really see him pan out.

Given that I don't mind Rex/Kyle and I feel the Bears have more important current needs than QB (we have a lot of holes to fill if we plan on competing this season, so I think taking a QB during the 1st 2 or even 3 rounds would probably be indicating that the franchise is looking more towards 09 than 08) I would have no problem holding off and taking Brennan (or Johnson from San Diego in the 4th as a couple year project).

I wouldnt be opposed to taking a QB in the later rounds either as a project either. I might be in the minority but I am confident in both Rex and Orton and think they both can succeed if they are given proper blocking and weapons. However, if were gonna use our later round picks on guys like Beekman that will never see the field its absolutely worth trying to find the next Tom Brady late in the draft.

I wouldnt be opposed to taking a QB in the later rounds either as a project either. I might be in the minority but I am confident in both Rex and Orton and think they both can succeed if they are given proper blocking and weapons. However, if were gonna use our later round picks on guys like Beekman that will never see the field its absolutely worth trying to find the next Tom Brady late in the draft.

I agree with you. I think the Bears are in a spot where they should put the weapons around both QB's and see who wins the job. Whomever wins the job gets a fat extension while the QB drafted gets groomed as a backup who could potentially turn into a starter (you never know with the QB spot since your always one play away from having a new starter).

Bottom line, I want to see the Bears rebuild the line, develop WR's (and find as much WR talent as you can, hopefully finding a legit #1 WR cause that can really help a QB), and find a running game. And that is also how I want the first three picks to go (OT/RB/WR in no particular order). I also want them to sign a FA guard and a safety who gets cut (I also have no problem with them drafting a safety in the 4th).

Oh and the one position I don't want to see the Bears draft at all is the DE/LB position (with Jamar/Okwo the Bears don't need any more depth there, imo, at least not anytime early) and with Brown/Ogunley/Anderson I am happy at the end spot (plus Bazuin).

WHat are they gonna do with Simms and Gradowski or whatever that guys name is

Can Simms even still play football? He is so fragile and clearly not the future in Tampa. And Gradowski is garbage. I think pretty much it will be a competition for the backup job between Griese, Simms (wouldn't be surprised if he winds up on IR again), and McCown and the loser(s) get cut. They really do need a guy for the future though.

I could see Brennan going to the Buccs in the 3rd or 4th, and that would be a real good situation for him.

They already have Griese, Simms, Gradowski, Garcia. Than again, that hasn't stopped them in the past (since they technially have the rights to Plummer as well) so maybe they will add yet another QB.

Can Simms even still play football? He is so fragile and clearly not the future in Tampa. And Gradowski is garbage. I think pretty much it will be a competition for the backup job between Griese, Simms (wouldn't be surprised if he winds up on IR again), and McCown and the loser(s) get cut. They really do need a guy for the future though.

THat I agree on. They clearly don't have any QB who they can develop and count on for the next 10 years. I thought Simms was going to be okay this year, but you are probably right. He had a pretty serious injury and for all I know he'll end up getting cut or not play at all.

I agree with you. I think the Bears are in a spot where they should put the weapons around both QB's and see who wins the job. Whomever wins the job gets a fat extension while the QB drafted gets groomed as a backup who could potentially turn into a starter (you never know with the QB spot since your always one play away from having a new starter).

Bottom line, I want to see the Bears rebuild the line, develop WR's (and find as much WR talent as you can, hopefully finding a legit #1 WR cause that can really help a QB), and find a running game. And that is also how I want the first three picks to go (OT/RB/WR in no particular order). I also want them to sign a FA guard and a safety who gets cut (I also have no problem with them drafting a safety in the 4th).

Oh and the one position I don't want to see the Bears draft at all is the DE/LB position (with Jamar/Okwo the Bears don't need any more depth there, imo, at least not anytime early) and with Brown/Ogunley/Anderson I am happy at the end spot (plus Bazuin).

Id like the first 4 picks to be OT, OG, WR and RB with the tackle being first and then BPA for the other three positions. I would also like a little more depth at safety and to find a number one receiver but thats gonna be difficult with how much money FA wrs are getting.

Brennan reminds me a bit of Drew Brees. I think in the right system, with patience, he could turn into an awesome west coast type of QB. I think he can make quick, accurate throws and make a lot of plays with his feet (not necessarily running for 1st downs, but running around to buy time and make plays).

Yea, he'll need the right fit and some good coaching. I seriously doubt he could get that at Chicago as long as Turner is there.