Bears sent representative to see Flacco

GakMan23

An AFC Scout told the Philadelphia Daily News that he believes Joe Flacco's stock has risen into the first round this offseason.

"He threw the ball great," said the scout of Flacco's Pro Day workout. "He's done everything right in the offseason. Everything. Right now, there's a lot of teams that have him rated ahead of (Boston College QB Matt) Ryan."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Related: Ravens, Bears, Dolphins

An AFC Scout told the Philadelphia Daily News that he believes Joe Flacco's stock has risen into the first round this offseason.

"He threw the ball great," said the scout of Flacco's Pro Day workout. "He's done everything right in the offseason. Everything. Right now, there's a lot of teams that have him rated ahead of (Boston College QB Matt) Ryan."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Related: Ravens, Bears, Dolphins

Would you feel comfortable drafting him @ #14?

No, but then again, I wouldn't draft Ryan at 14 either.

I wouldn't as we have more pressing issues, like how to protect the QB. Our O line is beginning to resemble that of the Raiders and Rams.

Interesting. i wouldnt take him in the 1st but I wouldnt put it past JA. he does some off the wall things.

I'd take him in the second. But I still think I'd go for someone like Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles if RB isnt the #14. then I'd look to someone like Carl Nicks in the 2nd.

I personally wouldn't mind it, as this QB carousel has gotten old and it's about time we got someone to fix it. Grossman and Orton are not answers and will never be anything more then stop gaps/good backups. I really don't see us being big time competitors again next season, so a QB wouldn't be that bad in the 1st.

Plus, JA knows a lot more then any one of us, and I'll trust him. I might not have agreed with every move of his, but he's proven me wrong a countless number of times. So, if the pick is QB or OL or S or whatever, I might not like it, but I'd give JA the benefit of the doubt.

Flacco appears to be everybody's smoke screen for QB. It's amazing how little PR coverage all the other QBs are getting. I hear nothing about interest in Brohm, Henne, Woodson, or anyone else for that matter except Ryan who's expected to go top 10. You'd think there were only two QBs in this draft. I know more pro days are coming up and this will change but the Flacco PR machine still amazes me.

Flacco appears to be everybody's smoke screen for QB. It's amazing how little PR coverage all the other QBs are getting. I hear nothing about interest in Brohm, Henne, Woodson, or anyone else for that matter except Ryan who's expected to go top 10. You'd think there were only two QBs in this draft. I know more pro days are coming up and this will change but the Flacco PR machine still amazes me.

None of these QB are anything to get excited about. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they all went to Rd 2. I'm not saying they aren't going to be good, I AM saying that with what teams have to pay a first rd QB, they will be more discerning this year and will NOT want to risk the amount of money it takes to sign a #1 QB draft pick. Do you think any of the QBs this year are gonna get deals anywhere near Jemarcus Russell got? I can promise you, NO. The league I think has finally learned it's lesson with regards to #1 picks.

The league will have learned it's lesson when it sets up a salary scale for draft picks like the NBA has. Way too much money is spent on the top 10 picks, even top 20 these days.

I agree that this year there isn't any QB worth getting excited about. Ryan will go top ten but I'm not sure he's worth it.

I would never, ever, ever take a guy in the top 7 picks (maybe even top 10). The amount of money those players get, without proving anything is amazing. You have to hit big time for the pick to truly be beneficial (given how financially it severely cripples your franchise). This is especially the case because if you are picking top 10, it is likely you will be there for at least a year or two (even a well ran franchise takes a bit of time from going that bad to so good quickly) and that means you have 3 guys getting a lot of money and you better have hit well on all of them.

Once you drop past that, the money drops significantly and you still have good talent there. Plenty of game breaking players have came in the middle of the first round, plus you are able to make two picks and still have plenty of money left over than you would if you had a top 5 pick.

I'm sure fans would call me cheap but if I ever ran a franchise that is exactly what I would do every year I was in that spot. I probably would have traded Peyton Manning though and people would have called me an idiot, but for every Peyton there are a crapload more non-peytons that can set your franchise back years.

well, GM's and other football related people are actually working on a new updated trade value chart, or so I've heard, and pretty much the only big change will be the value of top picks dropping due to the amount of money they get.

Yea, me too. And I think most know how much I dont like Brennan. lol

Brennan reminds me a bit of Drew Brees. I think in the right system, with patience, he could turn into an awesome west coast type of QB. I think he can make quick, accurate throws and make a lot of plays with his feet (not necessarily running for 1st downs, but running around to buy time and make plays).

Brennan reminds me a bit of Drew Brees. I think in the right system, with patience, he could turn into an awesome west coast type of QB. I think he can make quick, accurate throws and make a lot of plays with his feet (not necessarily running for 1st downs, but running around to buy time and make plays).

Its gonna be interesting to see what he does. I think we will know what kind of qb he will be in the NFL within a half of his first game.