Chad Johnson anybody?

ASHKUM BEAR

I think Chad Johnson is really trying hard to get out of Cincy and he may just get his wish now. I'm not sure I'd want him on the team if he is a cancer, but thought I'd bring it up to see what you think.

Bengals | Former teammate says C. Johnson punched Lewis

Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:09:26 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cleveland Browns DL Shaun Smith, a former Cincinnati Bengal, said that Bengals WR Chad Johnson had an altercation with head coach Marvin Lewis and wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who is now with the Baltimore Ravens. There was reportedly a video on YouTube of Smith making comments about the fight but the video was removed. "He swung on Marvin. (Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who's now in Baltimore."

Not sure when this altercation happened, but I'm sure Cincy will want to get rid of him after this. Would he be worth a 2nd RD pick?

Chad Johnson is worth the #1 pick in the draft. Of course he's worth a 2nd, but he won't go for that cheap I don't think. Hmm, lets see Devin Thomas, WR from Michigan State, James Hardy, WR from Indiana, or Chad Johnson, WR from the Bengals....tough decision.

I don't want him. Too costly...you think he wants to swing at coaches now? Wiat 'til he gets a load of Turner!

I think Chad Johnson is really trying hard to get out of Cincy and he may just get his wish now. I'm not sure I'd want him on the team if he is a cancer, but thought I'd bring it up to see what you think.

Bengals | Former teammate says C. Johnson punched Lewis

Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:09:26 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cleveland Browns DL Shaun Smith, a former Cincinnati Bengal, said that Bengals WR Chad Johnson had an altercation with head coach Marvin Lewis and wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who is now with the Baltimore Ravens. There was reportedly a video on YouTube of Smith making comments about the fight but the video was removed. "He swung on Marvin. (Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who's now in Baltimore."

Not sure when this altercation happened, but I'm sure Cincy will want to get rid of him after this. Would he be worth a 2nd RD pick?

I really don't think Chad really wants to come to Chicago, he is just selling himself to whoever think they need a receiver. I would give up a 1st rounder for him I read a report a few weeks ago that said the Bengals have zero interest in trading Ocho Cinco.

They would have to take a really big cap hit to trade him, that's probably the biggest problem.

They would have to take a really big cap hit to trade him, that's probably the biggest problem.

Ya know what though, the cap hit probably isn't that bad when you consider what the Vikings gave to the likes of Berrian. I'd like to see what Johnson's contract looks like. It's probably not too bad as it sits.

It shows the sad state of the Bengals. To have a player strike the head-coach, only to cover it up and say it never happened. No wonder their locker room is a mess. As a player, I would never respect that coach again. I think Brown is the owner/GM there. Kinda reminds me of the Mikey days. The Bengals will be losers until the team develops a chain or command. As of now, the inmates run the asylum.

I'd think in both salary and babysitting.

He can't come with a low price tag I would imagine. And once he starts seeing Rex's throws hit the grass 5 feet in front og him or in opponents hands, he's going to be taking swings at the coaches.

Honestly, I could see pursuing him if we had a legit QB and offense. I just don't see why he'd want to come here other than the loot. And that will get old quick for a prima donna like him.

Quick question: what do you mean "too costly"?

It shows the sad state of the Bengals. To have a player strike the head-coach, only to cover it up and say it never happened. No wonder their locker room is a mess. As a player, I would never respect that coach again. I think Brown is the owner/GM there. Kinda reminds me of the Mikey days. The Bengals will be losers until the team develops a chain or command. As of now, the inmates run the asylum.

There has to be more to it if they are keeping it quiet. Ie, Johnson must not have been the only one involved or something. And if there wasn't, my god what a mess the Bengals are. It makes me feel even worse for any sane player that is there and has to put up with that crap for a course of a season.