dawhizz

Let's say the draft unfolds like this (unlikely maybe, but not unthinkable):

1) Dolphins - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2) Rams - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

3) Falcons - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

4) Raiders - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

5) Chiefs - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

6) Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State

Or something like that. So, at #7, both Darren McFadden and Ryan Clady are available, and the Patriots are more than willing to move down. A swap of #14, #44 & #75 to the Patriots and #7 & #63 to the Bears works almost exactly in the pick value chart (1775 to 1776).

1. Do you move up?

2. If so, do you take Clady or McFadden (or someone else)?

The only way I'd trade up like that is if we were a one need team and the guy we target is a bonafide stud. Otherwise, standing pat or trading down is always the better scenario for two key reasons. One, is you do not lose picks and may possibly gain some. Two, is because trading down is financially better, even if you draft more players.

I'll disagree with the 2 previous posts to a certain extent. The only player worth even thinking about trading up for if you're the bears is Jake Long (IMO even McFadden would be a waste behind this line). At the same time you'd have to trade a ton of picks and you'd have to pay a ton for him seeing as youd have to trade up to the top spot.

Guest TerraTor
I'll disagree with the 2 previous posts to a certain extent. The only player worth even thinking about trading up for if you're the bears is Jake Long (IMO even McFadden would be a waste behind this line). At the same time you'd have to trade a ton of picks and you'd have to pay a ton for him seeing as youd have to trade up to the top spot.

Yes trade up for a lineman so he can block for nobody. I personally dont like McFadden, but gimme a break. Everyone knows i hate lineman at any draft spot in any round, but what line did Thomas Jones run behind? Pretty sure they were all FA, with Kruetz as the exception.

I couldn't agree more.

Let's say the draft unfolds like this (unlikely maybe, but not unthinkable):

1) Dolphins - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2) Rams - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

3) Falcons - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

4) Raiders - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

5) Chiefs - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

6) Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State

Or something like that. So, at #7, both Darren McFadden and Ryan Clady are available, and the Patriots are more than willing to move down. A swap of #14, #44 & #75 to the Patriots and #7 & #63 to the Bears works almost exactly in the pick value chart (1775 to 1776).

1. Do you move up?

2. If so, do you take Clady or McFadden (or someone else)?

Hell no. For the past two seasons we've returned every starter, and we've looked to trade down. There's no way in hell we sacrifice picks to move up when we're hoping that a rookie can start opening day.

Our #1 priority in the draft is o-line, and they'll be a damn good one available at #14.

Our #2 priority appears to be RB, and a guy like Forte (If we like him & he's as good as advertised . . . ) will be there in the 2nd.

There's no need to move up.

I'm starting to believe that we should just trade down and get an extra pick. We have too many needs and not enough picks. Maybe trade with a team like JAX, who might feel their pass rusher might get taken before their pick at 26.

1. Otah, OT/Albert, OG/OT

2. Laws, DT

2. Forte, RB

3. Henne, QB

3. DeCoud, S

4. Hubbard, WR

5. Schmitt, FB

6. Hardie, DE/LB

7. Grice-Mullens, WR

I was thinking about trading up but keeping our 1st this year. Trade in the 22-28 range and we could have draft like:

Trading maybe our 2nd, 3rd and next years 2nd or 3rd.

1a. Mendenhall

1b. Otah/Albert/Baker/Cherilus

2. traded

3a. traded

3b. Chilo Rachal/Tony Hills/Barry Richardson

4. Josh Johnson

5. Owen Schmitt

6. Adrian Arrington

7. BPA

Quality over Quantity :D

Agreed, no way do we lose more draft picks. Especially with this quiet offseason, I think we are going to stockpile as many picks as possible. As much as it is worth getting a stud like McFadden, it's tough to pick in that top 10 and pay all that guaranteed money. Plus, we have a lot of needs in important positions. TRADE DOWN, not UP!!!!! :cheers

Stay where we are or trade down. Top 10 picks are too expensive and risky.

Peace :bears

I agree. I like the trading down in the 1st while moving up in later rounds. It is possible to have 5-6 in the top 100 with a few trades. That would be nice to walk away from the draft with that type of quality.

Guest TerraTor
I was thinking about trading up but keeping our 1st this year. Trade in the 22-28 range and we could have draft like:

Trading maybe our 2nd, 3rd and next years 2nd or 3rd.

1a. Mendenhall

1b. Otah/Albert/Baker/Cherilus

2. traded

3a. traded

3b. Chilo Rachal/Tony Hills/Barry Richardson

4. Josh Johnson

5. Owen Schmitt

6. Adrian Arrington

7. BPA

Quality over Quantity :D

That'd be the best draft. Then start going after OL in FA. What'll be funny is when we dont take mendenhall we can face him and AP twice a year and they can tear us apart. But at least our guy doesnt feel he has anything to prove. But at least hell have a nice young OT to fall behind

That'd be the best draft. Then start going after OL in FA. What'll be funny is when we dont take mendenhall we can face him and AP twice a year and they can tear us apart. But at least our guy doesnt feel he has anything to prove. But at least hell have a nice young OT to fall behind

Not to mention Ryan Grant.

haha, ya

we have a #4 overall and hes by far the worst RB in Division, :crying

wheres the puking icon?????

:puke

If you need it, type in puke and put a colon before it.

screw stockpiling picks.

if that jake long looked like a real OLT i'd trade up to get him.

That's true. If we could trade our 1st and 2nd this year, and maybe a 4th next year, we could still do this:

1. Long/Clady

3. Henne, QB

3. Simpson, WR

4. Slaton, RB

5. Fleullen, DT

6. Wolfe, S

7. Lichtensteiger, OG/C