Anyone from Rockford?

LT2_3

I think Pix and Connerbear are from the Rockford area. I've recently moved back to Rockford after a 15 year hiatus in the NW 'burbs of the Windy City. ;)

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in getting together to watch the first and maybe second rounds of the draft.

It starts at 2:00pm CST on Saturday the 26th. With a 10 minute limit and picks starting probably at about 2:20pm, that puts the Bears picking at 4:40pm in the first round. The second round should start before or about 6:35pm with 7 minutes per pick and the Bears 12 picks in, it should be about an hour and 25 minutes at the latest before the Bears pick which makes it about 9:00pm for their current 2nd round pick at the latest.

Anyone up for hanging out for the Bears first two rounds, done before 9:00pm at the latest on a Saturday? We can re-evaluate how long to hang if there are trade downs or whatnot.

If interested, email me at lloydt56@yahoo.com

Title it: Draft in Rockford -- or anything else that would get the gist across ...... :D

We'll set something up. :)

Not Rockford, but Dallas. Anyone in the DFW area, Bear fans are invited to join up at a bar called TNTs. This is where bear fans (anywhere from 50-100) go every week to watch games.

Yeah! And wear "a yellow rose of Texas" on your shirts so you can recognize each other. :rolleyes: :headbang :notworthy :cheers :dabears

Yeah! And wear "a yellow rose of Texas" on your shirts so you can recognize each other. :rolleyes: :headbang :notworthy :cheers :dabears

Yes, I live in Loves Park as does bowlingtwig (Gary). I believe I have seen other posters mentioning living near by as well. It is something to consider for sure. I am a self confessed draftnik. Ever since the draft has become a media event and has been televised from start to finish, I have watched every single draft from pick #1 to Mr. Irrelevant. I have already been given permission to take a vacation day for Saturday April 26th and have the 27th off.

Let me think on it. Where were you thinking of having this get together?

I think Pix and Connerbear are from the Rockford area. I've recently moved back to Rockford after a 15 year hiatus in the NW 'burbs of the Windy City. ;)

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in getting together to watch the first and maybe second rounds of the draft.

It starts at 2:00pm CST on Saturday the 26th. With a 10 minute limit and picks starting probably at about 2:20pm, that puts the Bears picking at 4:40pm in the first round. The second round should start before or about 6:35pm with 7 minutes per pick and the Bears 12 picks in, it should be about an hour and 25 minutes at the latest before the Bears pick which makes it about 9:00pm for their current 2nd round pick at the latest.

Anyone up for hanging out for the Bears first two rounds, done before 9:00pm at the latest on a Saturday? We can re-evaluate how long to hang if there are trade downs or whatnot.

If interested, email me at lloydt56@yahoo.com

Title it: Draft in Rockford -- or anything else that would get the gist across ...... :D

We'll set something up. :)

I live in Harvard about 30 minutes away. Would love to get together but unfortunately I have plans for both days. However, let's try to get together this fall for a game. Last fall, I went to Rockford and watched the first Detroit game with Pix and Bowlingtwig. I would definately be up for that again and the more that can join the better. I think it would be mine turn to host the event.

Peace :bears

Yes, I live in Loves Park as does bowlingtwig (Gary). I believe I have seen other posters mentioning living near by as well. It is something to consider for sure. I am a self confessed draftnik. Ever since the draft has become a media event and has been televised from start to finish, I have watched every single draft from pick #1 to Mr. Irrelevant. I have already been given permission to take a vacation day for Saturday April 26th and have the 27th off.

Let me think on it. Where were you thinking of having this get together?

Where depends on how many people. If it's only a few, I could host it at my apartment. If it's a bunch, we could probably pick a place like LT's and reserve some space just for us. If it's at my place, I have a fridge, a bathroom, we could order some pizza, and I have a wireless network so everyone could bring their laptops so we could partake in live chat at Monsters of the Webway and/or surf for clips and draft info on the different picks.

If anyone's interested, email me at lloydt56@yahoo.com for directions and whatnot.

If you ever want to join, just wear your pink urlacher jersey so we know you

LOL :) :bears :dabears :rolleyes: :cheers

I don't have a pink one. ;)

I live in Harvard about 30 minutes away. Would love to get together but unfortunately I have plans for both days. However, let's try to get together this fall for a game. Last fall, I went to Rockford and watched the first Detroit game with Pix and Bowlingtwig. I would definately be up for that again and the more that can join the better. I think it would be mine turn to host the event.

I also would love to get together for some more games. Hopefully with a better outcome than last time we hooked up to see a game together :(

If you guys are all going to be hanging out in Rockford, who the hell is going to be on here to go berzerk when Angelo drafts a defensive end with his first pick? (Which also reminds me I need to ask what chat-room members of this site will be frequenting . . . the draft is seriously the only time of year I partake in chat-room chatter.)

If you guys are all going to be hanging out in Rockford, who the hell is going to be on here to go berzerk when Angelo drafts a defensive end with his first pick? (Which also reminds me I need to ask what chat-room members of this site will be frequenting . . . the draft is seriously the only time of year I partake in chat-room chatter.)

I would miss posting on the forum, so that is a consideration as to my draft day plans. Great day to hang out on the board.

I do know DBDB had plans to add a chat room for this TalkBears forum. Not sure when he plans to launch it.

ME :headbang

& seeing as theres no chatroom here yet hope no-one minds me saying what chat room I'll be in. Webways chatroom

ME :headbang

& seeing as theres no chatroom here yet hope no-one minds me saying what chat room I'll be in. Webways chatroom

I propose if we do not have a chatroom up at that time, we should try to join Flea to discuss. As I have already noted, I will be unavailable for most of the time but will join when available.

Flea - can you post a specific web address for this location?

Thanks for posting the chatroom link flea!

You can access the chat here from the main chat page:

--> http://webpages.charter.net/badfinger/chat.html

Other pages:

--> http://www.longsnapper.com/chatroom.shtml

--> http://www.starfyre.org/jirc/chat.html

Here's yet another chat applet that has a little bit different look if anyone's interested or having trouble connecting.

--> http://road.webwaymonsters.com/pjirc/chat.html

If you have a chat program such as mIRC, point it to "irc.starfyre.org" and then type "/join #Monstershow".

Everyone is welcome in the monstershow chatroom! Also if you guys are interested in setting up a chatroom for talkbears there's plenty of room on our starfyre servers and I'd be willing to help you set it up.

Everyone is welcome in the monstershow chatroom! Also if you guys are interested in setting up a chatroom for talkbears there's plenty of room on our starfyre servers and I'd be willing to help you set it up.

I can't speak to the details, but I bet we could certainly find interest in getting a chat room set up linked to this page. There's one over @ Soxtalk that works quite well during games. No reason why this place shouldn't have one.

I live in South beloit, about 15 miles N of Rockford. As long as my wife has no major plans I would love to get together. I will even talk to her about hosting it, though I make zero promises (she is pregnant and may kill me for the suggestion). I will let you all know what she says if we can have it here, assuming I still have a pulse...Ok no on the my house idea, I work that night so I will hae to leave sometime in the second round. But I still would like to get together.

I live in South beloit, about 15 miles N of Rockford. As long as my wife has no major plans I would love to get together. I will even talk to her about hosting it, though I make zero promises (she is pregnant and may kill me for the suggestion). I will let you all know what she says if we can have it here, assuming I still have a pulse...Ok no on the my house idea, I work that night so I will hae to leave sometime in the second round. But I still would like to get together.

I'm happy to host it guys. I doubt we'll get more than 7-8 guys and my place is plenty big for that. I have 3 computers and if anyone has a laptop they can bring it as well. I've got a wireless router and can handle all the traffic easily on my Cable modem.

I'd just say to bring your beverage of choice. I'll make some snacks (Mmmmm excuse to use the deep fryer!!) and then we can order something to be delivered for dinner.

Never realized you were so close. We will definately have to get together this fall for a game. BTW - when is next addition arriving?

I'm just up the 'road' in Beloit, cheezehell myself. I'd like to meet you guys sometime too. I've really got to stay home and be play host to the chatroom on draft weekend though. I'm down in Rockford about once a month for shopping and dinner. I'd much sooner go to Rockford than Janesville! And now that I've got an I-Pass it makes it so much easier to use I90.