Now you can "officially "add this guy to chi-town's interested in list!

bear trap

Saving the best of last....

I do love the guy's comment in there...

Comments

Let's help Jerry A. out:

What I am trying to say is that dropping 1st round money on an offensive lineman is like kissing your sister - it is just too unsatisfying. Angelo needs to score big (and we want him to too!)

So once again I am asking the true bear fans out there if we are sitting at #14 and Ellis, Merling, McKelvin, Talib, Harvey, Rivers, Mendenhall and Desean Jackson are available... WHO DO YOU PICK???

I couldn't help but chuckle at the OL comment. :P

Posted by: fan55 | April 7, 2008 01:45 PM

Hopefully JA realizes that Benson wasn't the man last year when healthy, and now is even more unlikely returning from a broken ankle. C'mon mendenhall!! There will be just as suitable olinmen in the 2-7th rounds.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/04/me...halas_hall.html

Saving the best of last....

I do love the guy's comment in there...

Comments

Let's help Jerry A. out:

What I am trying to say is that dropping 1st round money on an offensive lineman is like kissing your sister - it is just too unsatisfying. Angelo needs to score big (and we want him to too!)

So once again I am asking the true bear fans out there if we are sitting at #14 and Ellis, Merling, McKelvin, Talib, Harvey, Rivers, Mendenhall and Desean Jackson are available... WHO DO YOU PICK???

I couldn't help but chuckle at the OL comment. :P

He's right all the offensive linemen that went to the probowl last year I'm sure weren't 1st round picks. And in a draft where rb's and o-linemen are deep you take the "playmaker" position first, cause the drop off from oline won't be too horrific.

Posted by: fan55 | April 7, 2008 01:45 PM

I wouldn't get too excited. Since he's from the University of Illinois, he probably doesn't count against the number of players the Bears can bring in for a visit (since local players don't count). So it may be less "we really like this guy" and more "why not bring him in?"

Guest TerraTor
I wouldn't get too excited. Since he's from the University of Illinois, he probably doesn't count against the number of players the Bears can bring in for a visit (since local players don't count). So it may be less "we really like this guy" and more "why not bring him in?"

Ya angelo is more likely to blow smoke so we can trade out instead of mendenhall and take some worthless lineman and reach in the early 2nd round

Ya angelo is more likely to blow smoke so we can trade out instead of mendenhall and take some worthless lineman and reach in the early 2nd round

Why does this love for Mendenhall remind me of the love so many had for Mike Williams a few years back when we drafted Cedric. Nobody who pays attention thought we'd actually draft Williams, but the Williams lovers were all flat out furious when we didn't.

I'm not trying to compare Mendenhall to a worthless piece of crap like Williams. I'm only trying to compare the situation: Nobody paying attention thinks we'll draft Mendenhall or any other RB in round one, yet members of this board are going to be flat out pissed when we pass on him.

Why does this love for Mendenhall remind me of the love so many had for Mike Williams a few years back when we drafted Cedric. Nobody who pays attention thought we'd actually draft Williams, but the Williams lovers were all flat out furious when we didn't.

I'm not trying to compare Mendenhall to a worthless piece of crap like Williams. I'm only trying to compare the situation: Nobody paying attention thinks we'll draft Mendenhall or any other RB in round one, yet members of this board are going to be flat out pissed when we pass on him.

I don't think we'll have to pass on him. I really believe he will be gone before #14. He may even go higher than McFadden according to some talking heads on ESPN/NFL network. Teams that might take him. NYJ if DE/DMcF is off the board, Cincy if DT is off the board, Denver if DT/DE is off the board?, or Carolina.

Guest TerraTor

paying attention????

Try sitting in the front row in San Diego and watching your useless RB fall down and drop passes, fumble on his 25. 1st round lineman nowadays are a waste of a pick, you need talent.

paying attention????

Try sitting in the front row in San Diego and watching your useless RB fall down and drop passes, fumble on his 25. 1st round lineman nowadays are a waste of a pick, you need talent.

Try watching on TV and seeing our RB gets hit multiple times in the backfield.

1st round running backs are a wasted pick, you need linemen.

Try watching on TV and seeing our RB gets hit multiple times in the backfield.

1st round running backs are a wasted pick, you need linemen.

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

Go to NFL.com, look at the reviews of the games. Benson gets hit in the backfield continuously. When he doesn't, he actually made some decent plays.

As for the Mike Williams pass, regardless of whether or not someone thought the Bears should draft a WR (which they should have...still a need on this team to this day), drafting a RB at #4 was DEFINITELY a bad choice, especially when they already had TJ. It's the same this year. You draft for need and talent, but you should not throw out the need portion of the equation.

Mendenhall in the first would be a mistake.

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

Go to NFL.com, look at the reviews of the games. Benson gets hit in the backfield continuously. When he doesn't, he actually made some decent plays.

As for the Mike Williams pass, regardless of whether or not someone thought the Bears should draft a WR (which they should have...still a need on this team to this day), drafting a RB at #4 was DEFINITELY a bad choice, especially when they already had TJ. It's the same this year. You draft for need and talent, but you should not throw out the need portion of the equation.

Mendenhall in the first would be a mistake.

well, when you look at that draft, Benson was probably our best option.

I absolutely think Benson sucks. However, a good offensive line will make a bad running back a lot better. It will also make a bad qb look better too. However, with the exception of Barry Sanders, you wont see a good running back make an offensive line look better. We need both, but a revamped line helps us a lot more than just a running back.