Rashied Davis Gets New, 3-year deal

dawhizz

Good special teams contributor who is also a solid 4th or 5th receiver. I'm sure the dollars are minimal. No issue with locking him up.

Peace :dabears

Good. Now lets see how they arrange this bunch of WRs. Kind of scary when you look at who we have. But, as a Kool Aide chugger, :bringit

useless signing. 3 years, 5.5 million for him? You gotta be kidding me. This guy is a below average to average receiver, and a decent return guy. We can get a guy at half the price. I like him, but this is a stupid way to spend the money.

I'm not happy with this at all, I don't think he hurts the team but I don't see him helping a whole lot either. Now we know he's sticking around for this year. So is Booker. So is Hester and I assume Bradley will be given every chance to show he's worth keeping around this season. That makes 4 WR on the team, two of which are also special teams returners (Hester/Davis) so it appears likely IMO that we'll be keeping 6 WR on the final roster. You got a draft pick coming soon, perhaps two if we grab one in Rd 7 too, and that means Hass, Lloyd, and Rideau get to fight to show themselves worthy of keeping around.

I'm not happy with this at all, I don't think he hurts the team but I don't see him helping a whole lot either. Now we know he's sticking around for this year. So is Booker. So is Hester and I assume Bradley will be given every chance to show he's worth keeping around this season. That makes 4 WR on the team, two of which are also special teams returners (Hester/Davis) so it appears likely IMO that we'll be keeping 6 WR on the final roster. You got a draft pick coming soon, perhaps two if we grab one in Rd 7 too, and that means Hass, Lloyd, and Rideau get to fight to show themselves worthy of keeping around.

Guy's you're totally over-reacting to this. Read the breakdown of the contract in the SunTimes.

The first thing to remember is that he had signed his tender for $927k that was guaranteed. His cap hit after this deal is a whole whopping 10k more than it would have been otherwise.

The second thing to remember is, after reading the details, that it's a 3 year 3.87 million dollar base deal. His first escalator is at 45 receptions which he's unlikely to reach.

We can release him before next season and still save cap space over keeping him. That's called a minimal price for carrying the option to keep him.

Literally, it's no big deal.

Guy's you're totally over-reacting to this. Read the breakdown of the contract in the SunTimes.

The first thing to remember is that he had signed his tender for $927k that was guaranteed. His cap hit after this deal is a whole whopping 10k more than it would have been otherwise.

The second thing to remember is, after reading the details, that it's a 3 year 3.87 million dollar base deal. His first escalator is at 45 receptions which he's unlikely to reach.

We can release him before next season and still save cap space over keeping him. That's called a minimal price for carrying the option to keep him.

Thank you for providing the perspective as usual. Minimal money with incentives - nothing wrong with that.

Peace :dabears

LT 2 3 to the resue with logic!