TalkBears draft day

ASHKUM BEAR

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE DRAFT

Twas the night before the draft, when all through this board, not a member was stirring, not even Terra Tor. The players were slotted by the war room with care, in hope that the football gods would answer our prayers. The TalkBear alums were nestled all snug in there beds, while visions of Sweetness danced in there heads. And Jerry in his briefs, and Lovie in his cap, had just settled down for a few hours nap. When out of Halas Hall arose from a clatter, Jerry and Lovie sprang out of bed to see what was the matter. Away to the door they flew like a flash, turned off the alarm and removed the latch. The reflection of the moon on the brand new road, gave good indications that the Bears won't fold. When what to there eyes should appear, but a miniature jet with twelve men walking near. With a little old pilot, so awnry and malice, they new in a moment it must be Papa Bear Halas. More rapid than Grizzlies his coursers they came, and he shout and whistled as he called out there names. Now.....to be continued.

Just wanted to say Merry Draft day and that I plan on being on here most of the time Saturday and Sunday. I will have espn on TV, the chat room opened, and a couple of other websites opened to get the inside scoops. I will be wearing #23 for good luck and plan on ordering pizza. Hopefully there will be many others here so we can SCREAM at the Bears picks in the chat room. :cheers

Kudos on the paragraph Ashkum!

Merry Draft Day to you...and one and all!

I truly wish I could be on-line, but I will be consuming mass qualtities of brew and ribs and my buddy's place. I look forward to checking in late Sunday!

I will be wearing my #34 jersey...awaiting to draft the next great RB! ;)

Cheers! :cheers

gallery2.jpg

illini-eiu-225.jpg

May we at least get the next great Bear regardless of position! But here's hoping for Mendenhall! :drink

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE DRAFT

Twas the night before the draft, when all through this board, not a member was stirring, not even Terra Tor. The players were slotted by the war room with care, in hope that the football gods would answer our prayers. The TalkBear alums were nestled all snug in there beds, while visions of Sweetness danced in there heads. And Jerry in his briefs, and Lovie in his cap, had just settled down for a few hours nap. When out of Halas Hall arose from a clatter, Jerry and Lovie sprang out of bed to see what was the matter. Away to the door they flew like a flash, turned off the alarm and removed the latch. The reflection of the moon on the brand new road, gave good indications that the Bears won't fold. When what to there eyes should appear, but a miniature jet with twelve men walking near. With a little old pilot, so awnry and malice, they new in a moment it must be Papa Bear Halas. More rapid than Grizzlies his coursers they came, and he shout and whistled as he called out there names. Now.....to be continued.

Just wanted to say Merry Draft day and that I plan on being on here most of the time Saturday and Sunday. I will have espn on TV, the chat room opened, and a couple of other websites opened to get the inside scoops. I will be wearing #23 for good luck and plan on ordering pizza. Hopefully there will be many others here so we can SCREAM at the Bears picks in the chat room. :cheers

Good job Ashkum - I will be around. Not feeling well, may have to take a break or two, but hope to be here as much as possible. I have been watching this draft since ESPN started televising it back in 1980's. I couldn't watch it when they first started televising it because they use to do the draft I believe, if memory serves me right, on Tuesday's. Once they moved the draft to the weekend in (??) i believe in 1982, I have watched every single year.

There's an episode of Married with Children where Al has a weeks vacation, and he fences off the couch, and everyone has to pretend he's not there while he sits there and watches TV.

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I have a cooler the size of a coffin that'll be filled with beer & a 5 gallon piss bucket. I've been telling the wife all week, "Damn I'm going to miss you honey . . . what are you going to do while I'm gone?"

Saturday actually shouldn't be that bad. It doesn't start until 2:00 p.m. central, and the time is shorter. The first round shouldn't take 6 hours this year.

Sunday's the day that'll be more stressful for Bears fans. It starts at 10:00 and the Bears will be on the clock fairly quickly, and have two 3rd round picks. Not to mention the 4 7th rounders.

Sunday's the day that'll be more stressful for Bears fans. It starts at 10:00 and the Bears will be on the clock fairly quickly, and have two 3rd round picks. Not to mention the 4 7th rounders.

Aren't the first 3 rounds on Saturday?

I'm at a state bowling tournament in Mobile, AL hoping to win some big money. Unfortunately, I bowl at 4pm (CST)...so I'll probably have to get the recap online.

Here's to hoping the Bears don't draft Mendenhall in the first. :pray