Overreaction and Anger Thread

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I'll give JA the benefit of the doubt because he found the best kick returner of all time in the 3rd round and it was actually someone I wanted so bad but doubted we would get him.

Once again, people complaining about the bears draft. Nothing new here. I'm personnally happy with the picks so far except maybe the DT. I thought we had bigger needs, but you don't know if Harris holds out, Dvorecek injury history and so on. Bennett was my favorite so I'm happy. Forte I had compared to a Mendenhall, he just played at Tulane. We always want the big name from a big school, but those players come to even ground once they get drafted and play in the NFL.

Some maybe happy, but i sure think that JA sucks at evaluating talent. It seems like every pick is that "Diamond in the Rough" pick. I dread draft day, cause while other fans are happy about their teams picks, i'm thinking "WTF". Forte in round 2 is way too early to draft him. I like Forte, but not 2nd round like. Especially when JA wasted a pick on Wolfe last yr. I hated the Benson pick when originally made. Dont even get me started on the Manning pick.Bennett over Doucet, please. From now on JA should trade all early round picks for late round picks. That way JA maximize his "Diamond in the Rough" theory. Yes hester was a great pick, but man whats going to happen when all kicks go out of bounds, as they have already. Do we really need "Diamond in the Rough" picks in the first 3 rounds? I'm off to the gym to blow off some steam.

What makes these diamond in the rough picks? Forte and Bennett are consistently graded as 2nd to 3rd round picks. Chris Williams was also a first round pick universally picked in the middle of the round. Just because there are other players which some boards have going before them, doesn't make them "diamonds in the rough." I think the Bears have consistently got excellent value at every position so far. I know if you had your way every GM would sit around with their Sporting News guide and draft the highest player at every turn, but there's a reason NO NFL TEAM DOES THAT.

Some maybe happy, but i sure think that JA sucks at evaluating talent. It seems like every pick is that "Diamond in the Rough" pick. I dread draft day, cause while other fans are happy about their teams picks, i'm thinking "WTF". Forte in round 2 is way too early to draft him. I like Forte, but not 2nd round like. Especially when JA wasted a pick on Wolfe last yr. I hated the Benson pick when originally made. Dont even get me started on the Manning pick.Bennett over Doucet, please. From now on JA should trade all early round picks for late round picks. That way JA maximize his "Diamond in the Rough" theory. Yes hester was a great pick, but man whats going to happen when all kicks go out of bounds, as they have already. Do we really need "Diamond in the Rough" picks in the first 3 rounds? I'm off to the gym to blow off some steam.

here's the deal...

we DON'T need a lot of bodies to fill up special teams we need QUALITY players. yet angie continues the same old same, old CRAP. we trade down again and again until we hit the lowest rounds where he feels comfortable drafting players that if they are busts it's no surprise. it's CHICKEN S$!& drafting.

we get in the first round guys that most idiots could pick and from then on we reach or trade down because he doesn't have a freakin clue.

the TOP need in this draft was quality offensive linemen. so what do we do? draft one in the first round and it's mission accomplished. in case angie didn't realize it we need freakin GUARDS!! some guards in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round would have been nice. so what do we get? drafting a RB probably a round ahead of where a good GM would pick him, iffy receivers, slow safeties (which we neeeeed fast ones in our cover 2 crap), and frickin defensive tackles. not to mention we get a DT who has a serious problem with his knees AND he has drug arrest problems. why in the hell not just keep tank johnson if we draft his clone?

i've about had it with this guy. he has no grasp of the reality on this team. we keep drafting the same people over and over and over and ignore the quality players in the draft we really have a need for to get cannon fodder.

here's the deal...

we DON'T need a lot of bodies to fill up special teams we need QUALITY players. yet angie continues the same old same, old CRAP. we trade down again and again until we hit the lowest rounds where he feels comfortable drafting players that if they are busts it's no surprise. it's CHICKEN S$!& drafting.

we get in the first round guys that most idiots could pick and from then on we reach or trade down because he doesn't have a freakin clue.

the TOP need in this draft was quality offensive linemen. so what do we do? draft one in the first round and it's mission accomplished. in case angie didn't realize it we need freakin GUARDS!! some guards in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round would have been nice. so what do we get? drafting a RB probably a round ahead of where a good GM would pick him, iffy receivers, slow safeties (which we neeeeed fast ones in our cover 2 crap), and frickin defensive tackles. not to mention we get a DT who has a serious problem with his knees AND he has drug arrest problems. why in the hell not just keep tank johnson if we draft his clone?

i've about had it with this guy. he has no grasp of the reality on this team. we keep drafting the same people over and over and over and ignore the quality players in the draft we really have a need for to get cannon fodder.

There have been 5 true guards taken so far (Rachal, Zuttah, Rinehart, Murphy, McGlynn), and some of the top ones (Schuening, Young, Radovich, Thomas, Bernadeau) are still around. So apparently you would be happier if we took Zuttah in the 2nd, which would have been at least a round before anyone else drafted him? Then you'd just be back here bitching about "Angelo's reaches". If the Bears take a quality guard next, are you going to give him props or talk about how Angelo only gets guys no one else gets?

"Iffy receiver"? Earl Bennett had more catches in the SEC (a passing conference) than anyone else ever has and he did it in three seasons.

"we neeeeed fast safeties in the cover 2"? Mike Brown ran a 4.61 coming out of college. He seemed to do OK.

I will bitch about drafting a CB with bad knees in the 5th. Didn't we draft 2 CBs last year? How many do we need, really? We still have holes on the team, and we're filling our roster with DBs, again...

Zac Bowman could be a steal. He most likely won't contribute this year, but we got an extra 5 by moving down some slots to get a SS for the team. A bonus draft pick is ok to take a gamble on a player like Bowman who if he'd stay healthy would have been a 1st RD pick

There have been 5 true guards taken so far (Rachal, Zuttah, Rinehart, Murphy, McGlynn), and some of the top ones (Schuening, Young, Radovich, Thomas, Bernadeau) are still around. So apparently you would be happier if we took Zuttah in the 2nd, which would have been at least a round before anyone else drafted him? Then you'd just be back here bitching about "Angelo's reaches". If the Bears take a quality guard next, are you going to give him props or talk about how Angelo only gets guys no one else gets?

"Iffy receiver"? Earl Bennett had more catches in the SEC (a passing conference) than anyone else ever has and he did it in three seasons.

"we neeeeed fast safeties in the cover 2"? Mike Brown ran a 4.61 coming out of college. He seemed to do OK.

apparently i would be happy if we stop drafting the same positions year after freakin YEAR while we ignore the offensive line and quarterback position!!!!

you name FIVE true guards taken so far. which ones could we have drafted already? all of them except albert? do any of them project as starters in the NFL? hmmmm.

another question... who is our backup RT if tate moves over there? sinclair? beekman? oakley? metcalf? tate is getting old. who do we replace him with if he moves to RT? how long does it take to groom offensive linemen? 2 years? 3 years?

where is this guy on our roster? oh yea thats right, we will pay a lot of money for an average one who can play out the last string in his career and change him out again later. who really needs continuity on your offensive line or YOUNG studs on your roster. not us that's for sure.

who is our #3 qb? who is our qb if the ones we have fail? oh yea... we will be a running team with anyway with all the running backs we now have so why worry about the passing game?

do we REALLY need yet another fricken #2 or #3 receiver? well we just drafted another one. so that leaves us with how many WR's? 5? 6? more?

any of this sound familiar? jerry angelo has been here since 2001 and yet we don't even have a freakin backup guard that can play better than an ancient one armed brown. that is truly a milestone for a franchise. unfreakin believable!! we don't need to draft and cut players in camp... we need to draft players who can START!!!!!!

now on to the chicago bears biggest afterthought... we have been living on POTENTIAL at the qb position for SIX YEARS now and yet angie keeps trading down for crap extra picks we already are glutted with and we cut anyway.

just for curiosities sake, where are we going to put this sixth safety? do you know how many safeties we have drafted since that idiot angelo has BEEN here???

are we are now going to be carrying 4 running backs?

how many DT's we gonna keep on the roster? how many defensive ends? how many corners since we just drafted ANOTHER one again ahead of a real NEED on this team!!

yea i'm getting real sick of six years of GARBAGE out of our draft.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

another case in POINT... we just drafted ANOTHER TE!!!!!!!! for WHAT???

angelo is nuts!!

edit: i would like to add he has major character issues and would be eliminated by teams that value character.

i guess the main targets are for angie is to draft injured players... i give up.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

another case in POINT... we just drafted ANOTHER TE!!!!!!!! for WHAT???

angelo is nuts!!

I gave him the benefit of the doubt before but for freak sake, a Tight End is THE LAST freakin THING IN THE WORLD THAT WE NEED! God damn now he's starting to really piss me off and I'm becoming very agitated

I personally like the draft so far. Want to see a QB selected and some OLmen in the 7th to compete for a backup role for development.

Watch, they're going to sign a ton of OGs and OTs as UFA after the draft. I'm not sure that I agree with all the CBs taken and A TE?

You are ridiculous and so is this thread. We lost Gilmore and now have an excellent trio of TE's. Relax. He also played DE, so we might be looking to convert him. We'll see.

Tight End is the last thing in the world that this team needs. We don't need a freaking 3rd string Tight End in the 5th round of the draft. You can find them scrubs in free agency. We have Clark and Olsen, I could think of plenty of positions that we could use an upgrade on like Offensive Line, Quarterback, Wide Receiver.... This was thee absolute worst possible position you could draft for.

Tight End is the last thing in the world that this team needs. We don't need a freaking 3rd string Tight End in the 5th round of the draft. You can find them scrubs in free agency. We have Clark and Olsen, I could think of plenty of positions that we could use an upgrade on like Offensive Line, Quarterback, Wide Receiver.... This was thee absolute worst possible position you could draft for.

Just stop. Please. You are overreacting waaaaaay too much.

Noone in the fifth round is guaranteed to be an upgrade at any of those positions.