Great Draft

bradjock

Kiper just said on sportscenter that we helped our team the most for heading into next year...said each of our top 3 picks will help rex or grossman quite a bit...and guys like steltz and harrison are really gonna help our D at some point this season

also said best undrafted player was caleb haine who was just signed with the bears

edit....whups meant rex or kyle

Kiper just said on sportscenter that we helped our team the most for heading into next year...said each of our top 3 picks will help rex or grossman quite a bit...and guys like steltz and harrison are really gonna help our D at some point this season

also said best undrafted player was caleb haine who was just signed with the bears

Thanks for the update. When people get over the fact that we did not draft a QB, they start liking the draft more and more.

Evidentally Jaws really likes Hanie as well. Says he has the ability to eventually start in the league.

Peace :dabears

I can see being upset about drafting a TE and CB before getting our second offensive lineman but I dont understand why everyone would want to draft a project quarterback who absolutely isnt going to play when we had so many other needs that when addressed can come right in and contribute.

I can see being upset about drafting a TE and CB before getting our second offensive lineman but I dont understand why everyone would want to draft a project quarterback who absolutely isnt going to play when we had so many other needs that when addressed can come right in and contribute.

Hmm, the Packers draft QB's all the time and what do we do? NOTHING!

Hmm, the Packers draft QB's all the time and what do we do? NOTHING!

Easy to say since Favre has been the guy forever. Now is the true test. I do think Brohm is the best qb in this draft, better than Ryan even and I hate him being in our division. However, lets see how the Packers drafting QBs all the time works out for them without having Favre as an insurance policy. For all we know Rodgers can be a total bust. He hasnt proven anything yet.

My main concern is all the guys with an injury history. I understand getting a couple of those guys, especially with Jerry's habit of redshirting players, but after Earl Bennett, seems like everyone's been injured recently:

Harrison - tore left ACL in 2007 Spring practice

Steltz - Shoulder injury in National Championship

Bowman - left ACL 2006, right pateller tendon 2007

Barton - offseason arthroscopic surgery on shoulder after a strain in the Senior Bowl practices

Monk - Two surgeries on right knee this year

Maybe a good team can make those picks. I'm not sure the Bears can.

Maybe we should have drafted a cadaver for spare parts...

That surprised me too, usually Angelo stays away from those guys like the plague. Maybe he just got frustrated with all this pristine guys he's drafted just getting injured anyway. Grossman never relally hurt until he comes here, Harris never really hurt, urlacher never hurt etc.