Urlacher

CubbiesFan07

This is about the only thing that I would be able to find as acceptable however, it definitely would not happen. All I know is that with signing Briggs to the big contract that they did, no one thought about how that would affect Brian. It shows once again how screwed this franchise has become. All I am able to say is that if this is some how true, they better get a lot for Brian and hope that someone is able to fill his shoes (which I doubt) and that the defense better step back up and produce once again.

Urlacher for Brady/P. Manning. Get it done JA!

I was around a couple people today and they said they saw on ESPN that the Bears are considering trading Urlacher?

Thoughts on this? Or is this false info?

First off, want to say welcome aboard. Next, while I think the Bears have considered moving Urlacher, the time to move him would have likely been the week before the draft because it makes more sense to trade a disgruntled player and get picks that you can use during the current year.

I personally am a proponent of moving Urlacher, however, at this point, unless you were going to make a trade for another probowl player (which is very rare in the NFL, due to the way the cap works with trdaes), it is not beneficial to move him until next off-season.

The bottom line is both sides are negotiating and pulling out little ploys to try to get additional leverage but at the end of the day the Bears & Urlacher will make up.

First off, want to say welcome aboard.

I've been around for a couple of years :( don't know why my post count went down to 1.

All I can say is that if Urlacher is gone this team is going to have more problems than what's currently happening. It'll be tough to request off work on Sundays to watch a team play without a defense leader.

Guest TerraTor
I was around a couple people today and they said they saw on ESPN that the Bears are considering trading Urlacher?

Thoughts on this? Or is this false info?

No one would show up to the games

This is about the only thing that I would be able to find as acceptable however, it definitely would not happen. All I know is that with signing Briggs to the big contract that they did, no one thought about how that would affect Brian. It shows once again how screwed this franchise has become. All I am able to say is that if this is some how true, they better get a lot for Brian and hope that someone is able to fill his shoes (which I doubt) and that the defense better step back up and produce once again.

Dude - his contract is no where near what Brian got. I do not see this as an issue. What were they supposed to do - confer with Brian beforehand??

They are not trading Url. They offered him a 1 yr extension with 5 million now a 1 million for each yr. They have done more than they need to do for now.

Peace :dabears

Who knows what is going on with Urlacher, you never know, but I doubt it. There was speculation that Urlacher's agent requested a new contract or a trade, but again it was just speculation.

JA was on ESPN1000 yesterday and he said that Urlachers representatives had contacted them about reworking his contract and he said they want him here and he wants to be here but nothing has been worked out yet.