What do you want the starting lineup to be?

jason

I would run a double tight end with no full back

QB-Grossman

RB-Forte

TE-Clark and Olsen

WR=Hester and Bennett (I realize this is a huge stretch but I think these two guys would compliment each other well and we would have both TEs also)

LT-Williams

LG-St Clair

C-Kruetz

RG-Garza

RT-Tait

Same defense we started last year but Brown at SS and D. Manning at FS

OFFENSE

QB: Kyle Orton

-Rex has had his chance the previous 2 years and has shown to be mediocre at best. Lets see what Orton can do. If worst comes to worst, Grossman plays again come around midseason.

BEST CASE: Orton turns into a decent stop gap for a year or two. WORST CASE: 2007 all over.

RB: Cedric Benson

-Forte will get plenty of time, but for the time being it's Benson's job to lose. Unless Benson is totally out of shape, and is playing terrible, I would prefer to see Forte ease into the job rather then have him get it by default.

BEST CASE: Benson finds some of that potential and we have a solid 2 back system. WORST CASE: Forte becomes the starter.

FB (when in play): Jason McKie

-well duh.

WR: Marty Booker

-Really, people think Bennett will start? Give me a break, WR, next to QB, is the toughest position in the get acclimated to. I like Bennet, but thinking he will start is extremely positive thinking. Best case scenario for us is that he plays in a Steve Smith (Giants) role for us. Booker is really the only guy that for-sure should start for us. Similar to Moose, but better.

BEST CASE: Serves as a good possession receiver. WORST CASE: Is no different than Moose and Bennett takes over.

WR: Mark Bradley

-Hester has to prove he can actually play WR first. Right now Hester's best fit is as slot WR and sometimes as the no. 2. Is sacrificing the difference he makes in the return game worth trying to make him a starter? Unless he becomes Steve Smith (Panthers), I think not. Bradley has the upper hand due to experience.

BEST CASE: Orton and Bradley rekindle that relationship from the Lions game a few years ago. WORST CASE: Hester takes over (which might be a good thing)

SLOT/TE2 (when in play): Greg Olsen

-He might be listed as a TE, but he's athletic enough to line up in the slot. He is probably our no. 1 receiving threat. He should see as much time on the field as possible.

BEST CASE: Breaks out and has a huge year. WORST CASE: Ron Turner refuses to use him.

TE: Desmond Clark

-Not much to be said here. Goes in and does his job, whether that might be to block someone or go up the middle to make a reception.

LT: Chris Williams

BEST CASE: Is as good or even better then Tait from last year. WORST CASE: Struggles, but shows flashes.

LG: John St. Clair

-Showed flashes last season

OC: Olin Kreutz

-hopefully he will rebound. Not having to block for the LG should help.

RG: Roberto Garza

-Solid player who had a down year.

RT: John Tait

-Probowl potential at RT.

DEFENSE (Don't feel like writing out a whole lot on this one)

DEFENSIVE LINE:

LDE: Adawale Ogunleye

UT: Tommie Harris

NT: Dusty Dvoracek

ROTATION DT*: Marcus Harrison

RDE: Alex Brown

PASS RUSHER*: Mark Anderson

LINEBACKERS:

WILL: Lance Briggs

MIKE: Brian Urlacher

SAM: Hunter Hillenmeyer

DEFENSIVE BACKS:

CB: Charles Tillman

CB: Nathan Vasher

NICKLE*: Ricky Manning Jr.

FS: Mike Brown

SS: Brandon McGowan

*=situational position

DEFENSIVE LINE:

LINEBACKERS:

DEFENSIVE BACKS:

CB: Charles Tillman

CB: Nathan Vasher

NICKLE*: Ricky Manning Jr.

FS: Mike Brown

SS: Brandon McGowan

*=situational position

If I had to make a defense, mine would be exactly like yours. Good post. :cheers

QB- KO

RB- Forte

WR- Booker

WR- Bradley

TE- Clark

RT-Tait

RG-Garza

C- Olin

LG- ST. Clair

LT- Williams

TE- Olsen

--2 TE because McKie is worthless, and our TEs should be a focal point and huge weapon on offense.

LE- Oguns

NT- Dusty

UT- Tommie

RE- Brown

WLB-Briggs

MLB-Urlacher

SLB-Hx2

LCB- Peanut

RCB- Vasher

NB- McBride--Trade Manning Jr. for a FB or OG.

FS- D. Manning--He has looked as good as anyone when playing next to Mike, and I honestly think he is by far our best option at FS.

SS- Brown--Needs to stick at SS.

OFFENSE

QB: Kyle Orton

-Rex has had his chance the previous 2 years and has shown to be mediocre at best. Lets see what Orton can do. If worst comes to worst, Grossman plays again come around midseason.

BEST CASE: Orton turns into a decent stop gap for a year or two. WORST CASE: 2007 all over.

RB: Cedric Benson

-Forte will get plenty of time, but for the time being it's Benson's job to lose. Unless Benson is totally out of shape, and is playing terrible, I would prefer to see Forte ease into the job rather then have him get it by default.

BEST CASE: Benson finds some of that potential and we have a solid 2 back system. WORST CASE: Forte becomes the starter.

FB (when in play): Jason McKie

-well duh.

WR: Marty Booker

-Really, people think Bennett will start? Give me a break, WR, next to QB, is the toughest position in the get acclimated to. I like Bennet, but thinking he will start is extremely positive thinking. Best case scenario for us is that he plays in a Steve Smith (Giants) role for us. Booker is really the only guy that for-sure should start for us. Similar to Moose, but better.

BEST CASE: Serves as a good possession receiver. WORST CASE: Is no different than Moose and Bennett takes over.

WR: Mark Bradley

-Hester has to prove he can actually play WR first. Right now Hester's best fit is as slot WR and sometimes as the no. 2. Is sacrificing the difference he makes in the return game worth trying to make him a starter? Unless he becomes Steve Smith (Panthers), I think not. Bradley has the upper hand due to experience.

BEST CASE: Orton and Bradley rekindle that relationship from the Lions game a few years ago. WORST CASE: Hester takes over (which might be a good thing)

SLOT/TE2 (when in play): Greg Olsen

-He might be listed as a TE, but he's athletic enough to line up in the slot. He is probably our no. 1 receiving threat. He should see as much time on the field as possible.

BEST CASE: Breaks out and has a huge year. WORST CASE: Ron Turner refuses to use him.

TE: Desmond Clark

-Not much to be said here. Goes in and does his job, whether that might be to block someone or go up the middle to make a reception.

LT: Chris Williams

BEST CASE: Is as good or even better then Tait from last year. WORST CASE: Struggles, but shows flashes.

LG: John St. Clair

-Showed flashes last season

OC: Olin Kreutz

-hopefully he will rebound. Not having to block for the LG should help.

RG: Roberto Garza

-Solid player who had a down year.

RT: John Tait

-Probowl potential at RT.

Outstanding. The only change I see is possibly someone else winning out the LG spot. St. Clair is extremely valuable as a the swing tackle. At this time we only have 3 legitimate tackles on the roster and only 2 with NFL experience (Tait, St. Clair, Williams).

Peace :dabears

DEFENSIVE LINE:

LINEBACKERS:

DEFENSIVE BACKS: