any word on Williams?

BearFan2000

Have not heard anything new that I am aware of. I just remember that last week prior to getting Forte into the fold that they were speculating that Williams would be signed shortly afterwards. I just hope that JA gets in done in less than thirteen days as it would be a sad state of affairs if our latest #1 pick in not in camp when it opens. Too much riding on this kid's shoulders not to have him in camp from day one.

PFT has a piece talking about how the players union sent a memo to the league, or to whoever, requesting an interpretation of a certain section of the CBA which talks about rookie signings and how that clause would be affected w/ the potential of an uncapped year. As PFT talks about it, the clause would not likely affect the less expensive rookies, but depending on how the clause is interpreted, the more expensive rookies could see a bigger effect. Thus, it is possible we will not see many 1st round picks, especially the top half of the round, signed until this interpretation of this clause is better understood.

Just wondering if anyone's heard anything about Williams and if he's close to signing?

I am like you, been checking websites daily hoping beyond hope that Williams is signed soon. I want it over and done with so I can sit back and enjoy seeing him and the rest of the rookies fight for starting spots on the roster. It is hard to adjust to the NFL. You can not do it by sitting on your ass waiting for your agent to get your deal finalized. Sign the damn deal, work your ass off, play like a Pro and then you will get paid like one!

Willams agent Bill Johnson also represents Ryan Clady who was drafted 2 spots ahead of Williams and the talk in Denver is that Clady is close to sign, so I think Clady is Johnsons #1 priority right now. My guess is that Chris will sign Thursday next week at the latest.

Bill Johnson also represents Urlacher btw.