Favre Asks for Release

DABEARSDABOMB

Apparently Brett Favre has asked for his unconditional release from the Packers. He wants to play again and my guess is he ends up in Minnesota. A year ago if this happened, I would have penciled him into Chicago but now with an unproven RB, young oline, and an unproven WR core I don't see the Bears as a very attractive option for Brett (albeit I still think it would be one of his top 5 destinations, given the strong defense and his familiarity with the franchise).

Sned him to Arizona!

Apparently Brett Favre has asked for his unconditional release from the Packers. He wants to play again and my guess is he ends up in Minnesota. A year ago if this happened, I would have penciled him into Chicago but now with an unproven RB, young oline, and an unproven WR core I don't see the Bears as a very attractive option for Brett (albeit I still think it would be one of his top 5 destinations, given the strong defense and his familiarity with the franchise).

The Packers will not release him. They will trade him to a team like the Jets. No way does he end up in our division on another team.

Peace :dabears

If he gets reinstated, and I think the Packers will force him to do that, then they will hang onto him and try to trade him. If they end up releasing him it won't be right now. If he's going to wind up in Minn or Chicago (I don't want that) I have to think the Packers would try to deny him as much practice with his new team as possible.