Tribune 2:52 update

bradjock

I thought this was interesting for 2 reasons.

1. Williams still not signed.

2. Kevin Jones arms make him look like a linebacker (are we sure he's not related to Thomas???)

Here's the article:

As Bears arrive, top pick still unsigned

By Vaughn McClure, 2:52 p.m.

BOURBONNAIS -- Mike Brown parked his blazing red Hummer, then strode into McClain Hall already wearing his game face.

Yes, Bears training camp is here.

Players made their way to Olivet Nazarene University on Tuesday afternoon. The deadline for reporting is midnight. While most eagerly are anticipating the arrival of Brian Urlacher -- who agreed to a one-year extension Monday -- the big news concerns first-round pick Chris Williams, who has not signed a contract.

"Chris Williams, we have high hopes for him," coach Lovie Smith said. "He hasn't signed his contract yet, but I expect him to be in camp. We expect him to be a big part of what we do this coming season."

Williams, the left tackle from Vanderbilt who was the 14th pick, is expected to sign a five-year deal.

Among the early arrivals, the most physically impressive looking Bear is newly signed running back Kevin Jones. His bulky arms resemble a linebacker’s. If his knee is equally strong, look out.

Kyle Orton was one of the first on the scene. He arrived in a Toyota hybrid.

Umm...they already said Jones looks great.

Sure they said Jones "looks great". . . but what does that mean? Nice smile? Great hair? Good teeth? Big penis?

Cedric was never "cut" and was never in great shape. We've seen Thomas Jones who was a workout warrior and could easily step in on American Gladiators. One player sucked and the other gave it his all.

Hearing Kevin has "linebacker arms" makes me think he's dedicated the way Thomas was. He's not just showing up expecting to be handed a job (the way TJ was in AZ & the way Cedric was here). He understands this might be his last shot, and he's giving it his all.

Now if he can just stay healthy . . .

I'm excited training camp is beginning. We'll get some fluff pieces but at the same time we'll actually get to see the Bears in uniform and practicing and soon enough we'll see some pre-season games.

and then... eventually we'll be watching the season opener where we go on the road and tarnish Indy's shiny new stadium by handing the Colts a loss in week 1.

Man, this offseason has seemed like an eternity. Let's get this thing started. I'm starving for football. I'd even watch arena league right now just to get a fix.

Is the Prius that thing that looks like a damn golf-cart? That would be freakin hilarious!

You can tell a lot about a man by the car he drives.

Camry Hybrid

toyota-hybrid-camry-50th-anniversar.jpg

Prius Hybrid (aka golf cart)

toyota-prius1.jpg

As for KJ and TJ being related I thought heard or read somewhere that they were cousins. Can't confirm now because I can't seen to find the article or the video.

Actually, a friend of mine has a Prius and the damn thing is great. It's small but I'm 6-2 and had head room. And when it gets 50 MPG he's smiling all the way to the bank...

As to camp, you guys HAVE TO go out there. It's great fun. I'll visit at least twice and try to give you some thoughts each time. Some of my previous visits...

* The press was reporting Marc Columbo was getting healthy and the Bears were high on him. I saw him at camp and he looked like he needed a walker. I declared him out for the season a month before the press did. Gotta see it with your own eyes guys.

* QB drill with Shoop as OC... Kordell Stewart throwing at stationary garbage cans. I knew we were in trouble.

* Hester immediately stood out. Knew the kid was a star. Same with Olsen, really. Just not AS obvious.

* Dusty D. jumped out at me in his first camp. Knew the kid had the uglies and mean attitude to get it done. Unfortunately he's been hurt a lot.

* Could see the companionship players felt toward T. Jones and the dislike they had for Benson.

* Could see the growing connection between Rex and Berrian.

Stuff you don't get watching a pre-season game guys. My son loves the place too! You've got to make the trip.

I went a couple of years ago and had a good time. However, it did not compare to the Platteville experience. I went to Platteville twice. The place was much more fan friendly. The players were very accessible. It did not feel like a corporate production which is how I see Bearbonnais.

Peace :dabears

I went a couple of years ago and had a good time. However, it did not compare to the Platteville experience. I went to Platteville twice. The place was much more fan friendly. The players were very accessible. It did not feel like a corporate production which is how I see Bearbonnais.

Peace :dabears

I only made it to Plattville once, the last year they were there. I like Bourbonnais better because it's closer and the layout makes it easier for larger groups of fans to see everything. More fun stuff for the kiddies too, I think. Plus, Cade McNown was the QB when I went to Plattville so...