Kyle brings himself back into the comp or rex opens the door???

bear trap

Day 6 looks like kyle is back even if not ahead of rex now. Kyle and Rex both had pics in today's camp, but rex also fumbled 2 (yeah I said it 2) frickin snaps! Kyle's pic was pretty close to the same as Rex's ,as they were both going for the long bomb, but you will also notice on the video, that rex should have had at least one more pic when either vasher or mcbride batted the ball away down the left side of the field. Rex looked like the qb of old as he had his fumblitis with the snaps, throws into double coverage, and numerous batted down passes at the line. The commentator said the kyle is even if not slightly ahead after today, and I'd have to say that it appears to me that he's ahead, just by rex's horrible performance today. You can hear the crowd after his 2nd fumble it sounds like many are just fed up with the fumbles he's having and maybe it's kyles chance to have a run at it this season. I don't care who plays, but at the same time I as a fan won't tolerate the fumbled snaps especially when a highschool team can do it with ease! This is why I personally beleive that Kyle took the lead today.

HERE'S THE LINK:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, up until today, Kyle has also fumbled snaps, as have the two rookies.

So if all the qb's in camp are fumbling.....where does the blame fall?

It might be the back up center too.

True, To this day all of them have fumbled snaps. Today wasn't rex's first day of fumbled snaps, but it was the first day where they weren't exchanged. One day kyle had a fumbled snap and rex had a pic. Then the next day rex had a fumbled snap and kyle had a pic. Today they both had a pic, but rex fumbled twice. BIG difference there. Like I said I don't care who plays, but I won't tolerate this fumbled snap thing. Sure every once in a while, but to have 2 in 1 practice c'mon! How many excuses need to be made. Last year everyone was questioning whether it was kreutz, now it must be beekman right. Maybe it's just a lack of concentration by rex or kyle or caleb for that matter, but either way rex was the culprit today and twice for that matter. It's a dead heat in my book and I just might be leaning toward kyle now. Especially after rex's first fumbled snap he threw the ball away like it was a bad ball. Learn from your mistakes, don't try to cover them up.

Both QBs appear to just stare down their primary receiver on every play (except one I saw Rex check down). I don't know if that's something the coaches tell them to do to get passes to certain receivers but this concerns me.

I like the draw plays with Wolfe. Just hand him the ball and let him find the hole. He's very quick out of the gate. Problem is this won't work very well if we're getting blitzed on every 3rd and long which is what's happened the last two years. If this play is called will our QB be able to check out of it at the LOS?

I like the inside screens to Forte but we'll see how well we execute them in real games. He turns upfield much quicker than Ced.

Day 6 looks like kyle is back even if not ahead of rex now. Kyle and Rex both had pics in today's camp, but rex also fumbled 2 (yeah I said it 2) frickin snaps! Kyle's pic was pretty close to the same as Rex's ,as they were both going for the long bomb, but you will also notice on the video, that rex should have had at least one more pic when either vasher or mcbride batted the ball away down the left side of the field. Rex looked like the qb of old as he had his fumblitis with the snaps, throws into double coverage, and numerous batted down passes at the line. The commentator said the kyle is even if not slightly ahead after today, and I'd have to say that it appears to me that he's ahead, just by rex's horrible performance today. You can hear the crowd after his 2nd fumble it sounds like many are just fed up with the fumbles he's having and maybe it's kyles chance to have a run at it this season. I don't care who plays, but at the same time I as a fan won't tolerate the fumbled snaps especially when a highschool team can do it with ease! This is why I personally beleive that Kyle took the lead today.

HERE'S THE LINK:

Thanks for posting these each day! I enjoy watching them.

I can't believe Hass dropped that deep pass. Then on another deep pass he was forced out of bounds while he was in the air. Under new rules that wouldn't count. I have a feeling he'll be an early cut so we give him the chance to sign on with another team. At this point I don't see us cutting Bradley over him.

When Rex fumbles in training camp when there's no real pressure . . . so Kyle has fumbled once & Rex 3 times? The thing is, I don't ever remember Kyle fumbling or botching a snap in a live game. Rex??? Different story.

Thanks for posting these each day! I enjoy watching them.

I can't believe Hass dropped that deep pass. Then on another deep pass he was forced out of bounds while he was in the air. Under new rules that wouldn't count. I have a feeling he'll be an early cut so we give him the chance to sign on with another team. At this point I don't see us cutting Bradley over him.

When Rex fumbles in training camp when there's no real pressure . . . so Kyle has fumbled once & Rex 3 times? The thing is, I don't ever remember Kyle fumbling or botching a snap in a live game. Rex??? Different story.

Yeah, but who cares when Kyle bounces it to the receiver.

True, To this day all of them have fumbled snaps. Today wasn't rex's first day of fumbled snaps, but it was the first day where they weren't exchanged. One day kyle had a fumbled snap and rex had a pic. Then the next day rex had a fumbled snap and kyle had a pic. Today they both had a pic, but rex fumbled twice. BIG difference there. Like I said I don't care who plays, but I won't tolerate this fumbled snap thing. Sure every once in a while, but to have 2 in 1 practice c'mon! How many excuses need to be made. Last year everyone was questioning whether it was kreutz, now it must be beekman right. Maybe it's just a lack of concentration by rex or kyle or caleb for that matter, but either way rex was the culprit today and twice for that matter. It's a dead heat in my book and I just might be leaning toward kyle now. Especially after rex's first fumbled snap he threw the ball away like it was a bad ball. Learn from your mistakes, don't try to cover them up.

If it was just Rex then I would agree. But it hasn't been. Its been every qb. And dont get me started on how crappy Kruetz was last year.

If it was just Rex then I would agree. But it hasn't been. Its been every qb. And dont get me started on how crappy Kruetz was last year.

Sure like I said, every qb this camp has botched at least 1 snap, but Rex is the only one doing it consistently. That's my point. I like rex and I like kyle, but if rex wants the fan base of chicago to stand behind him he needs to quit killing drives with these botched snaps that the other team falls on and those ridiculous passes into double coverage. I'll take kyle bouncing a pass off the turf every once in a while as opposed to rex dropping it on the turf or even worse not bouncing one off the turf and instead into the hands of a wide open defender. That's why I have a feeling kyle may get the nod to starting on opening day, because although he may not throw the prettiest passes, normally he's a "smart" qb when the pressure is coming. Rex continues to let his head get in the way. Not to mention his lack of concentration when handling the snap.

Sure like I said, every qb this camp has botched at least 1 snap, but Rex is the only one doing it consistently. That's my point. I like rex and I like kyle, but if rex wants the fan base of chicago to stand behind him he needs to quit killing drives with these botched snaps that the other team falls on and those ridiculous passes into double coverage. I'll take kyle bouncing a pass off the turf every once in a while as opposed to rex dropping it on the turf or even worse not bouncing one off the turf and instead into the hands of a wide open defender. That's why I have a feeling kyle may get the nod to starting on opening day, because although he may not throw the prettiest passes, normally he's a "smart" qb when the pressure is coming. Rex continues to let his head get in the way. Not to mention his lack of concentration when handling the snap.

Just wanted to point out that Orton has botched more snaps than Rex in camp thus far. Or at least based on the ones I've seen reported.

You are right. Kyle never turn's it over. lol

Orton may turn it over some, but like Rex? Throwing one pick isn't the end of the world. Not when Orton does it, and not when Rex does it. It's the multiple turn over games that are a killer. In 2005, playing as a rookie, Orton tossed two or more picks only 2 times, and had no multiple pick games last year. Rex had two multi pick games last year. The year before, he had 5 games w/ 3 or more picks, and another one or two w/ 2. This doesn't even factor the fumbles and botched snaps.

So yes. Orton can turn it over as well. But for Rex, picks are like chips. You can never have just one.

Orton may turn it over some, but like Rex? Throwing one pick isn't the end of the world. Not when Orton does it, and not when Rex does it. It's the multiple turn over games that are a killer. In 2005, playing as a rookie, Orton tossed two or more picks only 2 times, and had no multiple pick games last year. Rex had two multi pick games last year. The year before, he had 5 games w/ 3 or more picks, and another one or two w/ 2. This doesn't even factor the fumbles and botched snaps.

So yes. Orton can turn it over as well. But for Rex, picks are like chips. You can never have just one.

lol Been here before. Compare the TD to INT for both sir. Comparable. In fact Rex is -2 in his career and Orton is -3 sir. Check out the stats. Their numbers are almost the same and slide slightly toward Rex in most major catagories sir. Rex is better in rating, percentage, and average per completion sir.

And in that magical rookie year of 2005, Orton threw 9 TD's and 13 INTS and fumbled 6 times sir. Quite the game manager sir.

And sir, when your offense can't move because your QB can only throw short passes, skips midrange passes and underthrows long passes, one pick is certainly the end of the world.

I appreciate the potato chip reference sir.

When did I state that?

Rex has just turned it over more... In fact 43 times compared to orton's 17. If Orton's played in 18 games and Rex in 32, then that boils down to 1.3 per game for Rex and only .9 for Kyle.

Here's another question for anyone who has the answers, I know they both have thrown pics, and a pic is a pic, but how many of each qb's pics are actually from a deflection. I remember kyle's horrible game his rookie year against the bengals, and how wet it was and seem to remember that a couple were from defections that went off our own players into the defenses hands. I believe kyle's pic against minny last year was off a deflection from our own teammate. So my question is this: A pic is a pic, but not necessarily the qbs fault if it is off our own guy, it just seems like many of rex's are from him just throwing the long ball up for grabs and the defender making a play on it. Maybe its just me, but I still and will continue to feel this way until I see more than just spot duty from Kyle. Azbearfan just loves to rag on ortons ROOKIE year. How about all three of Rexs rookie years?

Here's another question for anyone who has the answers, I know they both have thrown pics, and a pic is a pic, but how many of each qb's pics are actually from a deflection. I remember kyle's horrible game his rookie year against the bengals, and how wet it was and seem to remember that a couple were from defections that went off our own players into the defenses hands. I believe kyle's pic against minny last year was off a deflection from our own teammate. So my question is this: A pic is a pic, but not necessarily the qbs fault if it is off our own guy, it just seems like many of rex's are from him just throwing the long ball up for grabs and the defender making a play on it. Maybe its just me, but I still and will continue to feel this way until I see more than just spot duty from Kyle. Azbearfan just loves to rag on ortons ROOKIE year. How about all three of Rexs rookie years?

Actually sir that is the first time I ragged on Orton's rookie year.

I like to mostly rag on Orton's rag arm.

whaaahahahahahahahaha

azbearsfan and a few other folks unconditionally support Rex. There is an excuse ready to go on every potential criticism of Grossman. Which is all good and fair.

I woudn't be happier if these supporters were actually correct. Seeing Rex actually mature and become a legit QB would be the grandest thing to happen for the Bears. The problem is I'm a realist. I've been watching this game and this team far too long to think we have a legit QB in Rex. While I'm not sure we have on in Orton, there is at least some mystery surrounding him. If given the 1st team weapons, some more experience, etc could Kyle become a legit QB? I sure as heck don't know, but I'd sure like to find out.

azbearsfan and a few other folks unconditionally support Rex. There is an excuse ready to go on every potential criticism of Grossman. Which is all good and fair.

I woudn't be happier if these supporters were actually correct. Seeing Rex actually mature and become a legit QB would be the grandest thing to happen for the Bears. The problem is I'm a realist. I've been watching this game and this team far too long to think we have a legit QB in Rex. While I'm not sure we have on in Orton, there is at least some mystery surrounding him. If given the 1st team weapons, some more experience, etc could Kyle become a legit QB? I sure as heck don't know, but I'd sure like to find out.

There you go again Mad. Unconditionally? No. Over Orton? Absolutely

yes sir I am a realist too. If we had a better option, I would pick him over Rex. Orton is not a better option, sir. There is no mystery surrounding a qb who looks worse that a high school varsity player. These training camp videos just prove the point.

Put Favre on the Bears and I absolutely would not support Rex over him.

There you go again Mad. Unconditionally? No. Over Orton? Absolutely

yes sir I am a realist too. If we had a better option, I would pick him over Rex. Orton is not a better option, sir. There is no mystery surrounding a qb who looks worse that a high school varsity player. These training camp videos just prove the point.

Put Favre on the Bears and I absolutely would not support Rex over him.

Oh you mean the high school qb that was a serious consideration for the Heisman before he got hurt against the Badgers? :blink:

Yeah the same one. Maybe they overlooked the skipping and innaccurate passes....or maybe they are a result of the injury or all the drinking. lol

The 60.7% completion percentage with 3090 yards. He must have skip passed those 31 tds to his receivers. Oh and he was so innaccurate he threw 5 whole ints.

Where the mighty Rex Grossman's best college season he had a super accurate completion percentage of 54.6% with 3193 yards. His 23 Td's to 20 Int's shows his superior accuracy as well.

However, the individual I was thinking of in regards to the injury was Drew Brees.

You really can't use that rookie season to base any statistics for Kyle. Orton was running a dumb-down offense and threw absolutely nothing farther than about 10 yards. He was at very low risk to throw an interception, not to mention the team rarely had him throw the ball. I think we can all agree that we have to throw out Orton's rookie season when it comes to how bad the offense was with him (he wasn't ready to run the show and the Bears ran a dumb-downed offense, this made him put up atrocious QB numbers but did limit his INT's).

Truthfully when you judge any pick you have to factor in the situation. Ie, how many picks were thrown because of the QB or because of the oline crumbling (although you should factor in that if one QB throws less picks when the defense is collapsing that should be considered a major strength for that QB) or the WR's running a poor route (or stopping the route or not deflecting a pass).

Realistically this is something the coaching staff should know.