You pick #1 in your Fantasy FB Draft...

Pixote

Ok, let's play what if. You have the number one overall selection in your fantasy football draft.

Who do you select?

LT? J Addai? A Petersen? F Gore? S Jackson? B Westbrook? T Brady? R Moss? or fill in the blank!

Serious Bomber???

No way he comes close to the numbers he had last year

I agree that I do not think a repeat of last years stats is likely for Brady, however, I could see him going mid first in a 10 round draft. I do believe there would be a half dozen RBs I would go with before Brady just because the RB position brings more uncertainty this year than ever before with so many teams going to RBBC and sharing reps amoung 2 or 3 backs.

I agree that I do not think a repeat of last years stats is likely for Brady, however, I could see him going mid first in a 10 round draft. I do believe there would be a half dozen RBs I would go with before Brady just because the RB position brings more uncertainty this year than ever before with so many teams going to RBBC and sharing reps amoung 2 or 3 backs.

When picking #1 in a 10 man, if you don't take the best RB, you will be screwed. You won't be picking again until pick #20 and #21 and I guarantee you there won't be anything left at RB and still many good QB's.

I'd go:

1-1 L. Tomlinson RB

2-20 M. Jones-Drew RB

3-21 B. Edwards WR

4-40 D. Brees QB

5-41 A. Gates TE

6-60 H. Ward WR

7-61 R. Mendenhall RB

8-80 B. Berrian WR

8-81 J. Cutler QB

9-100 P. Crayton WR

Serious Bomber???

No way he comes close to the numbers he had last year

Last year my league gave 6 points for passing tds and no negative points for interceptions, so yes, I am serious. I would take him first in any league. I know he wont repeat last years numbers but I am pretty confident he is going to have around 40 tds, several 300 yard games and under 15 ints. Running backs have been such a crap shoot the past few years. I got LT second overall last year and it worked out well for me but I think he is the only RB that could be considered over Brady. AP splits time, is injury prone, isnt a secret anymore and splits carries. LJ is a huge ?.

My league had two QBs last year and I put them off and it almost cost me because I loaded up on RBs. I actually started the season with LT, Bush, Jacobs, McGahee and AP (traded him before break out) I ended up getting Westbrook for Bush and Brees and got Derreck Anderson after his 5 td game in week 1 or 2.

Besides LT I dont think there is a single player that is as much of a guarantee of being able to carry a team as Brady.

When picking #1 in a 10 man, if you don't take the best RB, you will be screwed. You won't be picking again until pick #20 and #21 and I guarantee you there won't be anything left at RB and still many good QB's.

I'd go:

1-1 L. Tomlinson RB

2-20 M. Jones-Drew RB

3-21 B. Edwards WR

4-40 D. Brees QB

5-41 A. Gates TE

6-60 H. Ward WR

7-61 R. Mendenhall RB

8-80 B. Berrian WR

8-81 J. Cutler QB

9-100 P. Crayton WR

Way too early for Jones-Drew and Mendenhall isnt going to do much fantasy wise.

I'd go:

1-1 L. Tomlinson RB

2-20 M. Jones-Drew RB

3-21 B. Edwards WR

4-40 D. Brees QB

5-41 A. Gates TE

6-60 H. Ward WR

7-61 R. Mendenhall RB

8-80 B. Berrian WR

8-81 J. Cutler QB

9-100 P. Crayton WR

That would be a very solid draft but I agree with another poster who said MJD may be a bit high on your draft board. I would be tempted, if nothing better was left at that point, to go another position.

I have been reading articles on Yahoo and ESPN and I must agree, it seems the era of stud RBs may be disappearing in favor of the RBC schemes that over half the teams seem to be going to.

I use to go into a draft with one thing in mind, come out with no less than 4 legitimate quality starting RBs. Now, that will be tough to do. You only have a handful of RBs who will probably get 200+ carries this year. The number of such RBs have been going down every year over the past 2 to 3 years.

I don't want to reveal too much, since I may see some of you in our FFL that Pix set up but...

generally I am a strong believer in loading (overloading some would say) in the RB position. I think there is maybe one or two WR's that stand out above the rest but for the most part they are a dime a dozen. WR's are nothing without a good QB throwing to them. RB's have to do most (not all) of the work on their own. And they pile on points faster than most other players.

I would agree with what I saw Flea write some time back and go with LT as my first pick...should he be available then Adrian Peterson. However I would be hesitant on him until he went 2-3 years in row without getting a significant injury.

Sleeper pick? Either Marion Barber or Thomas Jones. Why? Marion will be the feature back in Dallas now (with Julius gone and Felix Jones in now as #2). With Thomas Jones, we all know what kind of RB he can be given a decent OL, and in my opinion the Jets have potentially one of the best. And oh yeah..Brett Favre is there. That should open up their running game a little.

I may even go with Forte who knows?

I don't want to reveal too much, since I may see some of you in our FFL that Pix set up but...

generally I am a strong believer in loading (overloading some would say) in the RB position. I think there is maybe one or two WR's that stand out above the rest but for the most part they are a dime a dozen. WR's are nothing without a good QB throwing to them. RB's have to do most (not all) of the work on their own. And they pile on points faster than most other players.

I would agree with what I saw Flea write some time back and go with LT as my first pick...should he be available then Adrian Peterson. However I would be hesitant on him until he went 2-3 years in row without getting a significant injury.

Sleeper pick? Either Marion Barber or Thomas Jones. Why? Marion will be the feature back in Dallas now (with Julius gone and Felix Jones in now as #2). With Thomas Jones, we all know what kind of RB he can be given a decent OL, and in my opinion the Jets have potentially one of the best. And oh yeah..Brett Favre is there. That should open up their running game a little.

I dont think MB3 is much of a sleeper pick.

That's what I was going to say!!!!!

He's going to get the ball often. I like his abilities and he's going to have the opportunities. My only fear is that they will over-use him early and he'll have hit the rookie wall before the FF playoffs come around.

• 2 weeks later...

It has to be LT with his proven track record.

Ok, let's play what if. You have the number one overall selection in your fantasy football draft.

Who do you select?

LT? J Addai? A Petersen? F Gore? S Jackson? B Westbrook? T Brady? R Moss? or fill in the blank!