My Team

Wesson44

This explanation is much better. I really dislike when people generalize and then don't clarify. You did - thank you.

Let me add - I was extremely disappointed Angelo did not draft a QB this yr. Maybe Hanie will work out but with Angelo's track record most likely not. Possibly next offseason they will go after a reserve on another team (someone like Jake Delhomme when he was with the Saints). I simply do not see then going out and spending big dollars on a FA QB.

Peace :dabears

I'll be a pain in the arse for a second: When did you want JA to draft a QB? Did you want Flacco over Chris Williams? Clarify damnit!!! :)

I'm kidding, but I only throw that out because I get annoyed when people say, "Angelo never should have drafted Cedric!!!" And the people who say that wanted Mike Williams . . .

If I were a gambling man, I'd say that next year at this time Rex is gone, Orton's the "tentative #1," we've signed a veteran, QB that nobody else wanted, and we drafted a QB in the first 2 rounds.

But I'd much prefer the scenerio where Rex plays so damn good we have to slap the franchise tag on him.

If I were a gambling man, I'd say that next year at this time Rex is gone, Orton's the "tentative #1," we've signed a veteran, QB that nobody else wanted, and we drafted a QB in the first 2 rounds.

But I'd much prefer the scenerio where Rex plays so damn good we have to slap the franchise tag on him.

I'm going with AZ54 on this one. Let's hope Anderson has another solid season. Then we go after Quinn. 1) He's affordable. 2) He should be available with a 1st round pick or something similar. Then we draft an OT and OG. Damn! I'm done talking about next years off-season. I still have hopes for this one. Anyway, the needs may change as the season unfolds.

I do. I see Brady Quinn in the picture next year although he won't be a FA.

Getting Brady Quinn would mean a top 10 (maybe top 5) pick. There is no way the Bears are that bad this year to be in the top 10/5 of the draft next year. No friggin way. The wheels nearly fell off last year, and they still didn't get into the top 10.

Are you anticipating a trade-up in the draft?

I thought Quinn was drafted 22 or something like that? Why is his draft value going up while he sits on an NFL bench? I think he could be had for at worst a late 1st Rd pick but I'd be willing to be they'd clear his cap hit for a mid-2nd Rd pick plus a late pick on day 2.

I thought Quinn was drafted 22 or something like that? Why is his draft value going up while he sits on an NFL bench? I think he could be had for at worst a late 1st Rd pick but I'd be willing to be they'd clear his cap hit for a mid-2nd Rd pick plus a late pick on day 2.

Yes, 22nd overall.

He has not had a chance to prove anything. I agree, he would probably require a first rd selection, (I doubt a team would give a high 1st, but maybe a mid to late) or, as you said, a 2nd + ???.

That being said, let's sit back and see what the QBs do this year for us.

I still think Kyle Orton has a lot more upside than many believe. I am now an Orton Backer in that I think the kid deserves to show us what he has to offer with legitimate preparation. In the past when he was asked to start it was always an afterthought. He never got the reps he needed because he was always carrying the clipboard. In his rookie season he did remarkable in that when drafted he was to again, carry the clipboard and be a 3rd string project. Then the kid was thrown to the wolves without much advance warning. I would have crapped my pants. I think he did an excellent job for a rookie. Rex may still be the QB we hoped, but hasn't he had enough opportunities to show us what he is or is not? Now it is Kyle's turn to step up on the stage. Can he be a "David Gerrard" type of QB and lead us to the Super Bowl? I think he can.

Now it is Kyle's turn to step up on the stage. Can he be a "David Gerrard" type of QB and lead us to the Super Bowl? I think he can.

Can't argue with the way he played against the Packers nor the two wins to end the season. Of course, in the same portion of the season Rex played a big role in 4 games, winning twice while putting up three games of 80+ QB ratings, one against the future Superbowl champs... Anyone here think Kyle would've done better against SD and Dal than Rex did to open the season last year? Also consider that Rex was sacked 25 times in 7 games he had a major role in last season. Orton was sacked twice in the three games he played. There can be a lot of reasons for this but protection was a huge issue last season, nobody can deny that.

Whoever wins the competition, I'm getting behind 100%.

Can't argue with the way he played against the Packers nor the two wins to end the season. Of course, in the same portion of the season Rex played a big role in 4 games, winning twice while putting up three games of 80+ QB ratings, one against the future Superbowl champs... Anyone here think Kyle would've done better against SD and Dal than Rex did to open the season last year? Also consider that Rex was sacked 25 times in 7 games he had a major role in last season. Orton was sacked twice in the three games he played. There can be a lot of reasons for this but protection was a huge issue last season, nobody can deny that.

Whoever wins the competition, I'm getting behind 100%.

While Rex played much better when he returned, Rex's sacks really hurt his chances of starting. Sure the protection sucked, but it doesn't help that everyone knows if you blitz the hell out of him, Rex is likely to make a mistake.

The biggest reason Rex was sacked more frequently was because he'd constantly hold onto it too long, while Kyle would throw it away. When your offense is constantly moving backwards . . .

The nice thing is it's easy to really like Rex & Kyle. Heck, I'm kind of rooting for both guys. Like you, whoever wins I'll support 100%.

While Rex played much better when he returned, Rex's sacks really hurt his chances of starting. Sure the protection sucked, but it doesn't help that everyone knows if you blitz the hell out of him, Rex is likely to make a mistake.

The biggest reason Rex was sacked more frequently was because he'd constantly hold onto it too long, while Kyle would throw it away. When your offense is constantly moving backwards . . .

If this is true, it isn't proven out historically. In 2006 Rex was sacked a total of 21 times.

The nice thing is it's easy to really like Rex & Kyle. Heck, I'm kind of rooting for both guys. Like you, whoever wins I'll support 100%.

Me too.