Kevin Jones

Alaskan Grizzly

I think it is still up in the air as to if he will be on the PUP at the start of the regular season. He has been doing work on the side in individual drills but I am sure the Bears will err on the side of caution and not bring him back off the PUP until they are absolutely sure he is ready to go. My guess is he may miss the first week or two.

Anyone heard anything more about Kevin Jones? I know he was on the PUP list. So is that meaning he will be out until regular season or????

I'd predict he'll start the season on the PUP list meaning he won't be available until after week six. I base this on 3 reasons:

1. We told him to lose 10 pounds so it would take some of the pressure off of his knees. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing you don't want a guy dropping that weight quickly.

2. While he says he's fully recovered, the experts say the injury he suffered last season requires more time for him to be 100%. The more recovery time he has the more effective he'll be.

3. Forte looks great, Wolfe is improved, and AP is as solid as ever. As long as we have 3 healthy running-backs, there's no point in rushing him.

Of course I predicted Mark Bradley would start on the PUP list, so who knows?

I think the idea is to give Forte the start, and have KJ ready in the wings for when he hits the rookie wall around week 10.

I predict we'll see KJ getting snaps in games at or around week 6. If Forte struggles, or KJ shines, all bets are off of course.

But the acquisition of KJ, given that he's injured, and needs time to learn blitz pickup responsibilities, is about the second half of the season. Forte will get his shot early and often.

Jones is ready now. The bears are just being careful about his return so he will last the whole season. We are going to have a good 1-2 punch with two good third down players in Peterson/Wolfe.

I think he is going to end up on the PUP list and miss the 1st six weeks.

Peace :dabears

I think the idea is to give Forte the start, and have KJ ready in the wings for when he hits the rookie wall around week 10.

I predict we'll see KJ getting snaps in games at or around week 6. If Forte struggles, or KJ shines, all bets are off of course.

But the acquisition of KJ, given that he's injured, and needs time to learn blitz pickup responsibilities, is about the second half of the season. Forte will get his shot early and often.

I agree. He'll probably start the season off on the PUP list but when Forte either gets a little banged up or hits that rookie wall, Jones can come in and bring new life to the club.

I'd predict he'll start the season on the PUP list meaning he won't be available until after week six. I base this on 3 reasons:

1. We told him to lose 10 pounds so it would take some of the pressure off of his knees. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing you don't want a guy dropping that weight quickly.

2. While he says he's fully recovered, the experts say the injury he suffered last season requires more time for him to be 100%. The more recovery time he has the more effective he'll be.

3. Forte looks great, Wolfe is improved, and AP is as solid as ever. As long as we have 3 healthy running-backs, there's no point in rushing him.

Of course I predicted Mark Bradley would start on the PUP list, so who knows?

Funny thing Bradjock, I think Bradley might have more to prove, especially since he really hasn't done much with his 2-3 years he's been on the team.

I like your (and others) analysis and agree with keeping him in the wait until he is ready to go 100%. I saw that too about losing 10 lbs. That really isn't all that much for an athlete to do, especially if he has been spending more time rehabbing and not full out working out like I assume that he has been. Should make him an that much more elusive and quick though. I really look forward to him playing for the Bears.