Brett Favre Traded to the Jets

Da Bears 88

Wow you put that up there fast Sox!!!

Here's the best part!!! We don't have to see that list every time the Bears play the Packers: Bear's starting QB since Brett Favre . . .

PFT is reporting that Chad Pennington will likely be cut as a result of this. Is he any better then Rex or Kyle?

Pennington is no better than Rex or Kyle but he might be a good option as a 3rd QB for us. Since our QB situation is so fluid he might look at that as giving him a good chance to get more playing time in the future.

Pennington, when healthy, is better than Rex and Kyle, and I don't think it's even close. But I've always been a Pennington and a supported, so I may be biased. He's been under fire in NY like Rex has been in Chicago. I think a change of scenery, and some health, could do him wonders.

I wouldn't mind Pennington. He has no arm, but he is one of the best ball managers in football. However, as soon as he gets cut, I guarantee you the Vikes snag him up. The vikes have been wanting to get Pennington for a few years now, and he'd be a good fit for their offense.

LOL! Favre shipped to the NFL's version of Siberia. Played chicken with Packers management and LOST big.

Packers slip from 13-3 to 10-6 or worse, Packers management will be lucky to survive this.

Packers fans are evenly divided on this. There's a lot of hate up there in Cheeseville.

All in all, not bad.

Oh yeah, I am really hoping Farve has a pro-bowl season. If that happens, you know the only way packer nation won't be up in flames is if Rodgers has a pro-bowl season. If Rodgers doesn't match Farve's season, that will be a site to see! I think packer fans would be jumping off of buildings around the country.

Oh yeah, I am really hoping Farve has a pro-bowl season. If that happens, you know the only way packer nation won't be up in flames is if Rodgers has a pro-bowl season. If Rodgers doesn't match Farve's season, that will be a site to see! I think packer fans would be jumping off of buildings around the country.

Pro Bowl season would be OK as long as the Jets don't make the playoffs. If they do the Packers get a 2nd instead of the 3rd round pick. So, I wish Brett well, hope he has a very good season and just misses the playoffs in the tough AFC. That way the Packers get a LOW third and Packer Nation is up in arms for years over this. Aaron Rodgers goes into the toilet and the Packers have a decade or two of incompetence.

Good! Now New England can beat up on him!

And it looks like the Pack won't be getting stellar picks in exchange, which is good. I serious doubt the Jets will even go 8-8... Regardless, the AFC has so many good teams, I just don't see them making the playoffs.

There is always, always a surprise team or two suddenly finding its stride, especially if their lines perform well. Don't count out the Jets until we see them in a few games.

Honestly though I think what's probably actually going to happen is that Brett Favre is going to come in to this season feeling like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove. He's going to go out and try to do everything himself. And that's going to wind up costing him. He won't want to play within whatever system the Jets try to set up, he's going to want to be the man all the time, and that's what was hurting GB a few years ago when they had no talent around him.

OK, I do fully understand the parity in the league, but I just don't see the Jets in the playoffs...

Let's give the playoff berths to SD, NE, IND, and PIT, then we get 2 wild cards...with the competition being BAL, CIN, DEN, JAX, CLE...

Top that off with a schedule that's as follows with a best case scenario:

@MIA (w) NE (l) @SD (l) ARI (w) CIN (l) @OAK (w) KC (w) @BUF (l) STL (w) @NE (l) @TEN (l) DEN (w) @SF (w) BUF (w) @SEA (l) MIA (w)

that's 8-8 at best...I don't see that getting an AFC team into the playoffs. Granted, anything can happen. I can win the Lotto, Rex can turn into Johnny Unitas...but something tells me the laws of average dictate otherwise.

There is always, always a surprise team or two suddenly finding its stride, especially if their lines perform well. Don't count out the Jets until we see them in a few games.

Honestly though I think what's probably actually going to happen is that Brett Favre is going to come in to this season feeling like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove. He's going to go out and try to do everything himself. And that's going to wind up costing him. He won't want to play within whatever system the Jets try to set up, he's going to want to be the man all the time, and that's what was hurting GB a few years ago when they had no talent around him.

In talking to a friend of my today that was born and raised in Wisconsin, I noticed how much a simple change of uniform can really change your perception of someone. This time last year I would have argued debates over how much I disliked Farve, and he would support him, naturally. Today, with enough irony to choke a king, I saw our roles invert. I just kept defending Farve against his tirade of hatred. And I stand by that. I hope Farve finishes out his career with a bang. Unless he comes back to Chicago. Then I hope the only bang there is, is his body being slamped against the ground repeatedly. But it definitely makes me hate him a lot less knowing that we would only see him this year if BOTH the Jets and the Bears made it to the SB. How unlikely is that?

Really if you look at who the jets have now, this signing will put them right up there with new england. They been signing offensive lineman like crazy and not just any yahoo, Faneca, woody, came to them and they already had Mangold, and the Brick, that line will keep Brett safe and give him a running game that will allow him to really tear up defenses.

This aquisition maybe the key to them taking over for few years, all in all its good for Brett and the jets, the packers on the other hand will have entirely new front office after this year.

Grizz...I'm not sure how you add that up? There are some great young players and some good vets on NY, but comparing them to NE with a aging QB that doesn't know the system?

Give NE more credit than that... Favre won't be around long enough to see the youth of the NY team turn the corner...

Really if you look at who the jets have now, this signing will put them right up there with new england. They been signing offensive lineman like crazy and not just any yahoo, Faneca, woody, came to them and they already had Mangold, and the Brick, that line will keep Brett safe and give him a running game that will allow him to really tear up defenses.

This aquisition maybe the key to them taking over for few years, all in all its good for Brett and the jets, the packers on the other hand will have entirely new front office after this year.

Grizz...I'm not sure how you add that up? There are some great young players and some good vets on NY, but comparing them to NE with a aging QB that doesn't know the system?

Give NE more credit than that... Favre won't be around long enough to see the youth of the NY team turn the corner...

Like I said: "maybe"

I may not go so far as to put them w/ NE, but I would go so far as to say this made a mediocre team upper tier.

For me, the key is the OL NY went out and built this year. This is an OL that can protect Farve. Further, watch the holes this unit opens for TJ. Coles is dancing in the streets right now. Receivers may not be great, but isn't that was Farve does? Improves the level of play of unknown WRs?

They may not be NE, but how many teams would we say that about anyway? They did put themselves on a much higher level though, and I would say that while they still have much to prove, should be far more competitive w/ NE than before.

The Jets are a 7 or 8 win team with Favre, and I will still stand by my pick of Buffalo winning the WC. I think the Jags will decline since they still have no WR and I just think now that Garrard is getting media attention, I think he will fall, but still be a good QB, just not as good. I see Buffalo winning 8 or 9 games and stealing the WC.

The comparison above was with NE, and I just don't buy it for a minute...

I believe they will be better...and we can argue how much.

But to say they are ON PAR w/ NE is just plain foolishness.

I may not go so far as to put them w/ NE, but I would go so far as to say this made a mediocre team upper tier.

For me, the key is the OL NY went out and built this year. This is an OL that can protect Farve. Further, watch the holes this unit opens for TJ. Coles is dancing in the streets right now. Receivers may not be great, but isn't that was Farve does? Improves the level of play of unknown WRs?

They may not be NE, but how many teams would we say that about anyway? They did put themselves on a much higher level though, and I would say that while they still have much to prove, should be far more competitive w/ NE than before.