Season Predictions? 4 wins?

ASHKUM BEAR

About 1-1/2 months ago a lot of us were glowing and thinking the Bears could go 10-6 or 11-5. What are your thoughts now? I know my prediction is kind of low balling it, but right now my expectations are really low.

@ IND~~~~~~~ L

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L

TB~~~~~~~~~ W

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ L

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W

Min~~~~~~~~~ L

BYE ~~~~~~~~(W)

Det~~~~~~~~~ W

Ten~~~~~~~~~~L

@ GB~~~~~~~~~L

@ STL~~~~~~~~W

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ L

GB~~~~~~~~~~L

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ L

----------------------------------

4-12

And if we finish 4-12, would the Bears management keep the staff intact, or will there be major changes?

About 1-1/2 months ago a lot of us were glowing and thinking the Bears could go 10-6 or 11-5. What are your thoughts now? I know my prediction is kind of low balling it, but right now my expectations are really low.

@ IND~~~~~~~ L

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L

TB~~~~~~~~~ W

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ L

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W

Min~~~~~~~~~ L

BYE ~~~~~~~~(W)

Det~~~~~~~~~ W

Ten~~~~~~~~~~L

@ GB~~~~~~~~~L

@ STL~~~~~~~~W

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ L

GB~~~~~~~~~~L

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ L

4-12

And if we finish 4-12, would the Bears management keep the staff intact, or will there be major changes?

no way it's that bad. 8-8

no way it's that bad. 8-8

no way 8-8...i say 6 wins

@ IND~~~~~~~ L

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L

TB~~~~~~~~~ W

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ L

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W

Min~~~~~~~~~ L

BYE ~~~~~~~~

Det~~~~~~~~~ W

Ten~~~~~~~~~~W

@ GB~~~~~~~~~L

@ STL~~~~~~~~W

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ L

GB~~~~~~~~~~L

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ W

19-0 and a Super Bowl Championship! DaBears!

kool-aidfade.jpg

But Seriously, it's is a tough call I honestly see us finishing below 500 somewhere around 5-11 to 7-9. Let's say in the middle of that thought 6-10. There's just not enough kool-aid in my fridge... or the store for that matter to make me think we are a 500 or better club. I just don't see it.

I would love to be wrong. If my joke prediction comes true I will buy a stack of lottery tickets and seeing that my Birthday is right around Super Bowl Sunday that would be the best birthday present I've gotten ever.

@ IND~~~~~~~W Manning questionable and mostl likely wont play.

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L Ill take this one but Delhomme has looked bad so far and smith is out

TB~~~~~~~~~ W agreed

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ W Still detroit nuff said

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W

Min~~~~~~~~~ W this one is at home and regardless of who everyone thinks they are, Jackson is not the answer.

BYE ~~~~~~~~

Det~~~~~~~~~ W

Ten~~~~~~~~~~W

@ GB~~~~~~~~~W Rodgers will get ate up this game.

@ STL~~~~~~~~W

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ W Brees and orton show down, Orton wins

GB~~~~~~~~~~W Rodgers in soldier field? Nope never happen

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ W

Best i see is four losses, However some are swing games. Like GB and Minnie, could be 9-6 to 12-4, anyway you look at it there are way to many variables this year so far, Manning hurt , Brady hurt, Steve Smith, and way to many Qb issues to give one answer, But I say The Bears will own GB this year.

LOL 4-12, 6-10, 5-11 are some of the prediction you guys have made........what are you thinking? I can see us going at least 10-6 and here is my reason

1. Colts,(L) if Manning plays we might lose but he wont be in synch with the team yet so we stand a chance new starters at Oline and on Defense (Hester Return TD last year)

2 Panthers= (W) No Steve Smith rush Jake and he's done along with slow ass Moose

3 Bucanneers[/b]=(W) Garcia is fragile, unknown other than Galloway and he is getting old Defense is weaker than last year

4 Eagles[/b]=(L) All the have is Westbrook. But it's a home game

5 Lions= (W) Lions are weaker than last year(Hester Return TD )

6 Falcons= (W) Rookie QB, sorry defense

7 Vikings= (W) Home game with Jackson at QB hurting We stop Peterson(Hester Return TD )

Bye

8 Lions= (W)Lions are weaker than last year(Hester Return TD)

9 Titans= (W)Offense not good Vince will give the ball up.

10 Packers=(W)Rodgers at QB(Hester Return TD )

11 Rams=(W)Only have Davis at RB, Holt is getting old(Hester 2 Return TD )

12 Vikings=L(Hester Return TD )

13 Jaguars= (L/W)Toss up,They don't play well in the cold

14 Saints= (W) They don't play well in the cold

15 Packers = (W)Rodgers at QB(Hester Return TD last year)

16 Texans= (W) No running game

Bold = Home Games

Man, everyone really is down on the Bears. Preseason means NOTHING! Here is an article from last year that says it best, with facts to back it up. Also, if I am not mistaken, the year the Bears won the SB I think we actually sucked in preseason! Way too early to give up. I still think we will win the division. 9 or 10 wins minimum.

Preseason Games are Meaningless - This Article says it Best!

Man, everyone really is down on the Bears.

I'll answer this question indirectly.

If the O Line improves, either by FA pickups or just via having time to adjust to their current assignments and the defense stays reasonably healthy, this team wins 10 games this year. If the O Line doesn't improve or if we take massive injuries to the D, we could be in for a LOOOONG year. I think the team is well enough constructed to be a playoff contender but it'll take a little luck for it to happen.

I see 6-10....

@ IND~~~~~~~ L

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L

TB~~~~~~~~~ L

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ L

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W (ATL is bad)

Min~~~~~~~~~ L

BYE ~~~~~~~~n/a

Det~~~~~~~~~ W (we can't get swept again)

Ten~~~~~~~~~~W (we do well agasint scrambling QB's)

@ GB~~~~~~~~~L

@ STL~~~~~~~~W (I see STL as bad again, and us due for an odd win)

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ L

GB~~~~~~~~~~W (start playing less stressed since we're out of it)

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ W (start playing less stressed since we're out of it)

@ IND~~~~~~~ L

@ CAR~~~~~~~ L

TB~~~~~~~~~ W

PHI~~~~~~~~~ L

@ Det~~~~~~~~ L

@ ATL ~~~~~~~W

Min~~~~~~~~~ L

BYE ~~~~~~~~(W)

Det~~~~~~~~~ W

Ten~~~~~~~~~~L

@ GB~~~~~~~~~L

@ STL~~~~~~~~W

@ Min~~~~~~~~ L

Jax~~~~~~~~~ L

NO~~~~~~~~~~ L

GB~~~~~~~~~~L

@ Hou~~~~~~~~ L

4-12

Well, the pieces are in place from last season...and they did sweep us.

They have a pretty darn awesome offensive line. Opens holes for Peterson and allows Jackson more time in the pocket. WHile Jackson's not very good, if you give any pro time, he'll make throws.

I don't anyone would doubt that their D is good. We can argue how good, but it's good.

Hmm, since when is Minnesota so damn good all of a sudden?

They have no offense besides Adrian Peterson.

Oh, but they added future HOF'er Jared Allen! :rolleyes:

Man, everyone really is down on the Bears. Preseason means NOTHING! Here is an article from last year that says it best, with facts to back it up. Also, if I am not mistaken, the year the Bears won the SB I think we actually sucked in preseason! Way too early to give up. I still think we will win the division. 9 or 10 wins minimum.

But the 85 club that won the Super Bowl was head and shoulders above the current Bears talent wise. But it is true that Preaseason is just that preseason. You could look horrid in preseason then look fine during the regular season. The reverse can also be true. It is early and that's what makes predicting hard after just two preseason games. But at this point that's all we have to go on other than some footage of training camp. From what we've seen it's seemed bleak. I didn't become a Bears fan till a few years after the Super Bowl so I don't remember what people thought after the 85 preseason where the Bears went 1-3. At this point I don't expect or anticipate that history repeating itself this year.

At this point it could be a long sad season or it could be a surprisingly good season. I'm not yet convince that the latter will be true.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is basing opinions simply off (a) preseason W/L records or (B) what we have seen, or not seen, in preseason.

Even before preseason, we had question marks at nearly every position on offense. Then we lost Williams, which made a unit already a question mark that much greater of a concern. So it isn't like this was a team w/ huge expectations that is simply getting off to a slow start in preseason.

I will say this. I think everything depends on the OL. While I am not very optimistic, I would also say there is a chance the OL can come together. St. Clair will never be a pro bowler, but if he can simply play decently well.... Beekman has looked better, in preseason and practices, than I think the staff expected. Frankly, I like him starting over Metcalf. So if Beekman can give us some quality in the middle...

Point is, while much of the negative feelings is based around the OL, at the same time, if that unit can gell and step up, I think this team can end up being quite good. No question we have the talent on defense, and one of the best (if not the best) special teams in the NFL. While our offense has more question marks than just the OL, if the OL can step up, I think the other parts can fall into place as well.

So if the OL can step up, I think this can be as 10-12 win team. If the OL is anything like what we saw against Seattle...well... I think a top 5 pick is far more likely. To me, the play of the OL is that big of a swing issue for us.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is basing opinions simply off (a) preseason W/L records or (B) what we have seen, or not seen, in preseason.

Even before preseason, we had question marks at nearly every position on offense. Then we lost Williams, which made a unit already a question mark that much greater of a concern. So it isn't like this was a team w/ huge expectations that is simply getting off to a slow start in preseason.

I will say this. I think everything depends on the OL. While I am not very optimistic, I would also say there is a chance the OL can come together. St. Clair will never be a pro bowler, but if he can simply play decently well.... Beekman has looked better, in preseason and practices, than I think the staff expected. Frankly, I like him starting over Metcalf. So if Beekman can give us some quality in the middle...

Point is, while much of the negative feelings is based around the OL, at the same time, if that unit can gell and step up, I think this team can end up being quite good. No question we have the talent on defense, and one of the best (if not the best) special teams in the NFL. While our offense has more question marks than just the OL, if the OL can step up, I think the other parts can fall into place as well.

So if the OL can step up, I think this can be as 10-12 win team. If the OL is anything like what we saw against Seattle...well... I think a top 5 pick is far more likely. To me, the play of the OL is that big of a swing issue for us.

I would agree with this. However, if the offense collapses look for 6 to 7 wins max.

Peace :dabears