Nice!!

Pixote

Orton and Davis looked pretty good. Had 2 TD's and should've had 3 if Davis doesn't drop one. O-Line did better than expected. Defense didn't look too hot. Grossman looked brutal. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut. I doubt it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Orton and Davis looked pretty good. Had 2 TD's and should've had 3 if Davis doesn't drop one. O-Line did better than expected. Defense didn't look too hot. Grossman looked brutal. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut. I doubt it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

For one preseason game? Basically one quarter? It would surprise the hell out of me.

Don't get me wrong -- if Orton hadn't clearly won the job before (imo, they were about even), he clearly did tonight. And Grossman was wretched. But I'd be shocked if they cut him for that, as bad as he was.

No chance Rex gets cut. But...

Let me say this. While it isn't going to happen, IMHO, the only chance Rex will ever have is outside Chicago. Did you hear the fans booing him. He's the freaking backup QB in a preseason game, and he is getting boo'd, at times when he wasn't even really at fault. Like when he threw it away after no one picked up the blitz.

Also, did you all notice the sideline? There would be Orton, talking to the coach, and Hanie was right there. Rex? Not even in the picture. After Rex went in, and went 3 and out on one possession, he walked off the field and didn't say crap to anyone. Other players were trying to hand pops (or whatever you call it) or ass slaps, or whatever, and Rex would barely notice, looking straight ahead and walking by.

Rex seems disconnected from the team, and hated by the fans. He isn't going to be cut, but does anyone at this point think he made the right call re-signing w/ us?

Let me say this. While it isn't going to happen, IMHO, the only chance Rex will ever have is outside Chicago. Did you hear the fans booing him. He's the freaking backup QB in a preseason game, and he is getting boo'd, at times when he wasn't even really at fault. Like when he threw it away after no one picked up the blitz.

Also, did you all notice the sideline? There would be Orton, talking to the coach, and Hanie was right there. Rex? Not even in the picture. After Rex went in, and went 3 and out on one possession, he walked off the field and didn't say crap to anyone. Other players were trying to hand pops (or whatever you call it) or ass slaps, or whatever, and Rex would barely notice, looking straight ahead and walking by.

Rex seems disconnected from the team, and hated by the fans. He isn't going to be cut, but does anyone at this point think he made the right call re-signing w/ us?

He acknowledged Kreutz's greeting. The only other one I saw was a coach (Lovie, iirc) -- and you don't really slap a coach on the ass back.

When a qb's had a bad day, his teammates often just leave him be. I wouldn't make too much of that today. Though obviously the fans love to hate him.

I had a feeling when he signed back with us it was a mistake for him. We should have let him go and kept Griese as the back up. Rex will never get a fair shake here. I feel bad for him because he is a good kid. He should have moved on.

Peace :dabears

He acknowledged Kreutz's greeting. The only other one I saw was a coach (Lovie, iirc) -- and you don't really slap a coach on the ass back.

When a qb's had a bad day, his teammates often just leave him be. I wouldn't make too much of that today. Though obviously the fans love to hate him.

First, I recall Hanie and at least one other (besides Kreutz) after that one 3 and out. It wasn't just Kreutz and Lovie. And he didn't really acknowledge Kreutz. He bumped fists w/o even looking at him.

Look, I am not making a big stink out of it, but this is the first game after Orton was named the starter, and IMHO, he simply seemed detached. It wasn't just one the one occasion. Why did it seem like Hanie was always right there w/ Orton and the coach after an offensive series, and rex was no where near?

I had a feeling when he signed back with us it was a mistake for him. We should have let him go and kept Griese as the back up. Rex will never get a fair shake here. I feel bad for him because he is a good kid. He should have moved on.

Completely agree. Frankly, I never understood why he signed w/ us. I guess he felt it was hit best chance to win a starting job, but at the same time, if I were him, I would have looked at the offense and wondered if it was my best opportunity to win. I thought he made a mistake then, and really feel that way now.

Completely agree. Frankly, I never understood why he signed w/ us. I guess he felt it was hit best chance to win a starting job, but at the same time, if I were him, I would have looked at the offense and wondered if it was my best opportunity to win. I thought he made a mistake then, and really feel that way now.

Why do we even discuss what happens on the sidelines? This crap reminds me of when everyone got all over Erik Kramer when he was laughing while Mirer was getting his arse handed to him.

Can we please talk about the play on the field.

After Rex went in, and went 3 and out on one possession, he walked off the field and didn't say crap to anyone. Other players were trying to hand pops (or whatever you call it) or ass slaps, or whatever, and Rex would barely notice, looking straight ahead and walking by.

Rex did blow them off. But it was 3rd down, and he had plenty of time and managed to throw it several feet over the head of the 6-4 Brandon Riddeau. That's a case where he's just pissed at himself, not at his teammates.

I was in favor of Orton from the start of TC. But Bear-fans booing Rex just for the hell of it is just terrible IMO. You always here about the "4th phase." Chances are we're going to need Rex at some point this year. The booing's just ignorant.

Rex did blow them off. But it was 3rd down, and he had plenty of time and managed to throw it several feet over the head of the 6-4 Brandon Riddeau. That's a case where he's just pissed at himself, not at his teammates.

I was in favor of Orton from the start of TC. But Bear-fans booing Rex just for the hell of it is just terrible IMO. You always here about the "4th phase." Chances are we're going to need Rex at some point this year. The booing's just ignorant.

These were the same idiots booing Orton his rookie yr against Atlanta wanting Grossman. How the tide has turned!!!!

Rex was the first one to high five Orton when he left the field. Hell, Aikman was raving about how Rex and Kyle have handled the whole situation and talked about how while they aren't friends they are professionals and have been trying to help each other out. Rex isn't the guy and I'm sure he's dissapointed about it but he's behind Kyle just like the rest of the Bears are.

I also don't expect Rex to get cut and I'm glad we have him as a backup as he's familiar with the system and if Kyle went down I'd think we'd still have a shot at winning.

Why do we even discuss what happens on the sidelines? This crap reminds me of when everyone got all over Erik Kramer when he was laughing while Mirer was getting his arse handed to him.

Can we please talk about the play on the field.

Sorry, but chemisty and player relationships are part of the game. How often did we read about Benson's relationship w/ his teamates, and how standoffish he was. I am not saying Rex is ANYTHING CLOSE to that, but the point is, it is part of the game.

I agree 100% on the booing, and was sick when it was happening. For me, it is one thing when the fans boo a starting player during the regular season to show displease, but your backup QB in a preseason game? Sorry, but that is just embarassing.

I mentioned the blow off, but more than that time, I was noticing how Hanie and Orton were always talking to the coach on the sideline, and Rex was no where in sight. Why? So to me, it appeared the "blow off" began way before he even entered the game.

Sorry, but chemisty and player relationships are part of the game. How often did we read about Benson's relationship w/ his teamates, and how standoffish he was. I am not saying Rex is ANYTHING CLOSE to that, but the point is, it is part of the game.

Did you have the national feed or some other feed? I'm a big Aikman fan and he was raving about Rex the teammate. I don't think he'd be saying that nor do I think we'd have had so many Bears player stick up for Rex over the past few years (despite the few comments from people like Tank Johnson and Ron Rivera) if they didn't genuinely like the guy.

And you can tell about chemistry and player relationships from the 5 second TV shots of the sideline??? Again, this reminds me of the crap that Kramer took from laughing on the sidelines. We aren't on the sidelines. How do we know what really happens????

Did you have the national feed or some other feed? I'm a big Aikman fan and he was raving about Rex the teammate. I don't think he'd be saying that nor do I think we'd have had so many Bears player stick up for Rex over the past few years (despite the few comments from people like Tank Johnson and Ron Rivera) if they didn't genuinely like the guy.

One, yea I heard Aikman. But did you also hear them talk about how Rex told the coaches how he disagreed w/ their decision and "voiced his displeasure". Also, while Aikman tells nice stories, I have to also go w/ what my eyes see, and my eyes did not see Rex socializing a lot w/ the players, and i am talking about before he entered the game.

Oh yea, and the great Aikman. We are talking about the same guy who, during the broadcast was saying how McKie has been bouncing around from several teams and was looking to earn a starting spot w/ the bears. Um, hasn't he been our starter?

Two, you quickly dismiss Tank, Rivera and Moose, but let me ask you this. Who is more likely to tell the truth. Players who are still w/ the team or players no longer part of the org? IMHO, while it may have been crappy to do, you are more likely to hear truth from those outside the org, while those within are more likely to rally around their own.

And you can tell about chemistry and player relationships from the 5 second TV shots of the sideline??? Again, this reminds me of the crap that Kramer took from laughing on the sidelines. We aren't on the sidelines. How do we know what really happens????

Sorry, but I hate this argument. As fans, we can only go off what we have. We are not at the practices, in the locker room, on the bus/plane, or whatever. We can only go off what we see.

Your right that it is bits and pieces, and I NEVER said anything was for a fact. Only my speculation. But in the past, Rex always seemed to the center of attention among players on the sidelines. He was always talking to staff. Today, he simply never seemed to be in camera shot. When two of your three QBs are huddled talking to the coach, I think it fair to wonder where the 3rd QB is.

Sorry, but I hate this argument. As fans, we can only go off what we have. We are not at the practices, in the locker room, on the bus/plane, or whatever. We can only go off what we see.

Your right that it is bits and pieces, and I NEVER said anything was for a fact. Only my speculation. But in the past, Rex always seemed to the center of attention among players on the sidelines. He was always talking to staff. Today, he simply never seemed to be in camera shot. When two of your three QBs are huddled talking to the coach, I think it fair to wonder where the 3rd QB is.

Sorry, but I hate this whole discussion. I have tons of respect for you but I think this speculation is petty.

This is my last post on this topic as I am only making it worse.

Peace:dabears

I was about to say similar. Look. I NEVER meant to attack Rex. In fact, this began when I was saying I felt bad for him. I think the fans reaction to him was total garbage.

Even though I said, and feel, he seems more isolated on the sideline, I didn't mean he was doing it because he is a jerk. Again, it is more of a "feel bad for him" thing as it just seems he is disconnected from his teamates. I am NOT saying it is intention, on his part or anyones. Only that it seems there, and it is too bad, as I agree, he is a good guy. While I didn't want him as the starter, he has never shown anything but solid character, though the injuries and hate he has suffered.

So while it seemed to go down that direction, I NEVER meant this as an attack on Rex. The original intent was that I felt bad for him, and while I know he won't be cut, I almost wish he were as I believe there is nothing for him in Chicago, but maybe there is elsewhere.

Sorry, but I hate this whole discussion. I have tons of respect for you but I think this speculation is petty.

This is my last post on this topic as I am only making it worse.

Peace:dabears

I was about to say similar. Look. I NEVER meant to attack Rex. In fact, this began when I was saying I felt bad for him. I think the fans reaction to him was total garbage.

Even though I said, and feel, he seems more isolated on the sideline, I didn't mean he was doing it because he is a jerk. Again, it is more of a "feel bad for him" thing as it just seems he is disconnected from his teamates. I am NOT saying it is intention, on his part or anyones. Only that it seems there, and it is too bad, as I agree, he is a good guy. While I didn't want him as the starter, he has never shown anything but solid character, though the injuries and hate he has suffered.

So while it seemed to go down that direction, I NEVER meant this as an attack on Rex. The original intent was that I felt bad for him, and while I know he won't be cut, I almost wish he were as I believe there is nothing for him in Chicago, but maybe there is elsewhere.

Understood. Never felt you were attacking Rex. My issue is with this type of discussion in general.

It's all good.

Peace

One, yea I heard Aikman. But did you also hear them talk about how Rex told the coaches how he disagreed w/ their decision and "voiced his displeasure". Also, while Aikman tells nice stories, I have to also go w/ what my eyes see, and my eyes did not see Rex socializing a lot w/ the players, and i am talking about before he entered the game.

Oh yea, and the great Aikman. We are talking about the same guy who, during the broadcast was saying how McKie has been bouncing around from several teams and was looking to earn a starting spot w/ the bears. Um, hasn't he been our starter?

Two, you quickly dismiss Tank, Rivera and Moose, but let me ask you this. Who is more likely to tell the truth. Players who are still w/ the team or players no longer part of the org? IMHO, while it may have been crappy to do, you are more likely to hear truth from those outside the org, while those within are more likely to rally around their own.

Moose raved about Rex for two years and than as soon as he got cut after having a piss poor year the story changed. The guy was just downright selfish.

First, I recall Hanie and at least one other (besides Kreutz) after that one 3 and out. It wasn't just Kreutz and Lovie. And he didn't really acknowledge Kreutz. He bumped fists w/o even looking at him.

Look, I am not making a big stink out of it, but this is the first game after Orton was named the starter, and IMHO, he simply seemed detached. It wasn't just one the one occasion. Why did it seem like Hanie was always right there w/ Orton and the coach after an offensive series, and rex was no where near?

Detatched is a good word for it. He certainly looked as if he'd lost interest. Almost like sayin "what's the point anymore." I think he signed up, hoping that he could win the starting job and prove that he belongs, but it's true he will never get a fair shake here. I got the sense that he'd just asume be somewhere else. They were saying he was vocal about his displeasure with the decision. His best move last offseason would have been to become a free agent. Right or wrong he's done in Chicago.