Urlacher

Mongo3451

I had a few observations on Urlacher tonight that I want and second opinion on.

One – he looked tentative

Two – he was broadcasting his intentions to the blocker right before contact.

Three – was leading to contact with a turned shoulder without squaring up

Four – he looked like his neck was stiff or out of whack.

Five – was not shedding blocks well.

If anyone recorded the game and could analyze the first two defensive series, I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully, my eyes were playing tricks on me or I couldn’t see well on the tiny TV I have in my bedroom. Not trying to start a rumor or panic, just want clarification.

I just dont think the defense takes preseason games too seriously. Theyre not going to go balls to the wall and risk injury when the games are pointless. A lot of time teams use smokescreens in the preseason and they dont care at all whether they win or lose.

I think you hit the nail on the head. This for the most part is a very mature veteran group and seasoned vets quite often do not show up for practice, and that is all these games are. I think our D will turn it up when the games count for something other than auditions for players to make the team who are not in the "elite" group.

Guest TerraTor
I think you hit the nail on the head. This for the most part is a very mature veteran group and seasoned vets quite often do not show up for practice, and that is all these games are. I think our D will turn it up when the games count for something other than auditions for players to make the team who are not in the "elite" group.

I agree, i think they have a hidden fire they will release come week 1

I agree, i think they have a hidden fire they will release come week 1

True i also believe it has something to do with Adams and Dvoracek he was getting hit by guard everytime Adams was in Dvoracek was getting into the backfield he was coming more clean. I think Briggs is going to have more tackles than Urlacher this year.

But did you notice the D after halftime. Even Aikman talked about how they looked like Lovie or someone had a talk w/ them about their play, as they came out looking more intense. Problem is, while they looked more intense and seemed to be playing very hard, they were still giving up yards and big plays.

While wins and loses in pre season are very overrated, they do play hard, easing up is actually an easier way to get injured. At least that is what players have said through the years. If your half assing it and the next guy is balls out trying to earn a roster spot, you stand a chance to get injured. So you play em hard.

Urlacher just doesn't go all out in preseason and he has said as much. "Who cares?"

There's another player who does very little compared to what you see in the regular season...Tommie Harris. He's clearly playing it safe and staying away from pushing upfield too much if double teamed. He gets cut blocked a lot and I don't blame him. His absence in the backfield is noticeable. You'll be seeing a different player against the Colts.

I'm not worried about that type of play. I am worried that when the play gets to these guys they are missing the tackles. We play Cleveland next and I expect to see a lock down D in the first quarter.