Cap numbers

CrackerDog

Plenty of room if we see a FA lineman we like...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/25/...s-of-august-25/

Kansas City Chiefs $31.9 million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $27.8 million

Green Bay Packers $24.7 million

Buffalo Bills $20.9 million

Philadelphia Eagles $19.0 million

New Orleans Saints $17.7 million

Miami Dolphins $16.2 million

Jacksonville Jaguars $13.3 million

New York Giants $12.3 million

Tennessee Titans $11.8 million

Dallas Cowboys $9.6 million

Cleveland Browns $9.4 million

Chicago Bears $9.2 million

San Diego Chargers $9.2 million

Seattle Seahawks $8.8 million

Atlanta Falcons $8.2 million

St. Louis Rams, $8.1 million

Carolina Panthers $8.0 million

Indianapolis Colts $7.5 million

Baltimore Ravens $7.0 million

San Francisco 49ers $7.0 million

New England Patriots $6.9 million

Cincinnati Bengals $6.4 million

Denver Broncos $5.9 million

Minnesota Vikings $5.0 million

Houston Texans $4.9 million

Oakland Raiders $4.2 million

Detroit Lions $4.0 million

Arizona Cardinals $3.5 million

New York Jets $1.9 million

Washington Redskins $1.8 million

Pittsburgh Steelers $1.7 million

When you consider all the signings we did locking up key players in the off season, I think it is amazing we have 9.2 Million left to sign FAs that might become available. Like I have always said JA & Cliff Stein are probably the best "cap managers" in the business.

Now that we have basically all the major deals over with, this should make us even BIGGER players in the future with lots of cap space as the cap increases (or disappears). I think this bodes well for our future. While other teams are struggling with cap restrictions I think we will be very healthy financially.

One certain positive of JA is he does manage the cap well...

When you consider all the signings we did locking up key players in the off season, I think it is amazing we have 9.2 Million left to sign FAs that might become available. Like I have always said JA & Cliff Stein are probably the best "cap managers" in the business.

Now that we have basically all the major deals over with, this should make us even BIGGER players in the future with lots of cap space as the cap increases (or disappears). I think this bodes well for our future. While other teams are struggling with cap restrictions I think we will be very healthy financially.

It's not hard when you only focus on defense. I know in the past they have brought in the occasional player ie. Moose and Tait. This year however, there was hardly a position on offense that wasn't a glaring weakness. They spent a first round pick on a LT and put money there. Other then that it was bargain prices for players like Booker and Lloyd. I imagine the over all money spent on offense last year compared to this year has went way down.

Look at the money taken from the offense compared to money spent on it. Griese, Brown, Miller, Moose, Benson, and Berrian. Ne contracts would be Orton, R. Davis and clarks extensions, 1st round Williams, 2nd round Forte, Bennett, K. Davis, undrafted free agents, league minimum Lloyd and Jones, and then Booker at like 2 million a year. Grossman got a contract for 3 million, but I imagine that would be comparable or less then his original deal from last year considering he was a first round pick QB.

Edit: I forgot about Hester's extension, but not sure how much of that goes on affense and how much goes to special teams...

What shocks me about this list is how much money so many teams have. I remember LT or someone mentioning how teams liked to keep 1 million back for emergencies. Now every team in the league has that and much more.

That being said, I do wonder how credible this list is. The smaller market teams, KC, GB, Buffalo, are spending less . . . but why are the Giants almost 13 million under?

I don't get it.

What shocks me about this list is how much money so many teams have. I remember LT or someone mentioning how teams liked to keep 1 million back for emergencies. Now every team in the league has that and much more.

That being said, I do wonder how credible this list is. The smaller market teams, KC, GB, Buffalo, are spending less . . . but why are the Giants almost 13 million under?

I don't get it.

Kind of thought the same. I know teams are doing better w/ their cap space, but most teams spend most of their cap, saving a bit for unseen needs, but not usually the sort of money we are seeing, unless they are looking to re-sign some of their own veterans.

I am not saying the numbers are wrong, but they do see to go against all previous reports we had previously seen.