Politics

CrackerDog

I dont like Bush so thats why I didnt vote for him. I didnt like the Gore or Kerry either though. Since IL is going blue no matter what I normally vote third party. I dont even actually consider myself a republican as much as a libertarian. I just really dislike Obama, I live in his idea of politics and theyre terrible. A lot of the far right things kind of annoy me as well because I dont agree with them so I dont like trying to defend them, I am just for smaller government. I stand by my guarantee though. McCain is going to win and its not even going to be that close. Obama is self destructing.

Obama is self destructing??? Watch this interview and tell me McCain hasn't spun out of control. Energy knowledge = Foreign Policy experience????. Right..........

Its gonna be very close and will most likely come down to a state like Ohio. It depends how may votes the Republicans can cage again.

Peace :dabears

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I await the debates. All we're hearing is a lot of "ra-ra" since the conventions from both sides. I want to see how each repsonds to tough questions about actual issues. I have a feeling the tide will shift heavily one way or another after that. It won't mean one or the other has better aswers, but how those answers are perceived by the viewing public.

Obama is self destructing??? Watch this interview and tell me McCain hasn't spun out of control. Energy knowledge = Foreign Policy experience????. Right..........

Its gonna be very close and will most likely come down to a state like Ohio. It depends how may votes the Republicans can cage again.

You're arguing with a moron.

I agree with your political views but I prefer to take the higher ground. I don't feel it necessary to insult to get my point across.

I fight fire with fire. Look at his posts and tell me I'm being unfair. Hell, I only checked this thread out again because I saw your post! Damn it! Quit pulling me back in!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I fight fire with fire. Look at his posts and tell me I'm being unfair. Hell, I only checked this thread out again because I saw your post! Damn it! Quit pulling me back in!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Personally, I don't care how you two fight it out. Like I said, I simply prefer to keep the high ground.

I think McCain's campaign has gone way over the line. The sex education ad and the lipstick on a pig ad are a glimpse back to Willie Horton. I would expect these type of ads from a 527 but not directly from McCain. It's a joke.

Personally, I don't care how you two fight it out. Like I said, I simply prefer to keep the high ground.

I think McCain's campaign has gone way over the line. The sex education ad and the lipstick on a pig ad are a glimpse back to Willie Horton. I would expect these type of ads from a 527 but not directly from McCain. It's a joke.

No question. And he's being called out in every paper and on every news program (other than Faux News) for the lies he's actively spreading. Ask Doofus Bomber how he feels about that. If he'd rather vote for someone who realizes the only way to win is to lie and cheat. Something McCain has always stood against he's now into feet first. He stands for nothing. He'll do anything, ANYTHING, to get elected. He's got no morals and no real plans. He wants this election fought over Piggy Palin, not issues. He offers nothing to the American people. And as I've said, we're at a tipping point. This economy, our fragile status internationally, our military, our energy policy... None of these things can afford to wait FOUR MORE YEARS. But selfish prick Repugs want to be able to keep their pennies while the rest of the country goes to hell.

And if you believe for one minute that DB actually voted for anyone other than W in the last two elections, I've got some swamp land...

Republicans lie. He's a liar. And I'm not going to sit back and coddle him because we expect and accept that type of thing from Republicans. This whole "it's what they do" attitude is what got us where we are today. If I see someone bullshit someone I call them on it. This is a micro level response. And Obama is doing so on a macro level. Kerry ran out of money in 2004 because he accepted public financing. Obama was smarter than that. And the gloves are now off. I said weeks ago this was going to be the ugliest campaign we've ever seen. People said "no way man, McCain has too much integrity". LOL! He's put ads on the air that are 100% false and they don't even bother to try to deny it! They don't care! They just hope they can keep up the facade for 50 more days and then they'll just be a "little bit pregnant." McCain didn't care that his running mate is completely and totally unqualified. It made political sense to pick her so he did.

These ads may be effective to the dopes who were going to vote for him anyway. But he's given up on appealing to moderates. And that was where this election was going to be won or lost. I'm not worried in the slightest. Obama has this covered. I simply refuse to believe that simple minds will be easily deceived, yet again. Although, I guess we see one simpleton here who contradicts my belief so, I suppose, anything is possible.

2848911432_2b9bd7ecbb.jpg?v=0

:D

Cracker, you crack me up!

Your initial post was pure bait!

It's time to fight man! Democrats don't have to be pussies! Take no prisoners! It's time for everyone to get in the ring and do everything they can to bring this country back to where it belongs. I know I'm being "in your face" about this but god damn it, we've lost eight years to a President everyone now admits was a complete fool. Because of chumps like DB who think they got a big tax break when all he got was borrowed money. I said it in 2000 and now even most Repugs are denying they ever voted for Bush. Well, shit... I guess Karl Rove stole even more votes than originally thought. Or maybe I was right then too!

I'm not trying to claim I'm holier than thou. I'm not. But I'm damn tired of a party full of religious nuts who believe they are, continuing to run things. They're incompetent and dangerous and their shit, does in fact, stink. Smaller government has become NO GOVERNMENT. They're "pro-life" but they're just fine and dandy with our murdering 100,000 or more Iraqi's in a blundered into war. They're anti-terror but pro-oil, the source of terror money! They're pro-troops except, well, they really aren't. If it weren't for great PR, nobody in their right minds would ever vote for these dogs!

They've been great at using mockery and ridicule to their advantage. I concede the Republicans have done a marvelous job with those tools ever since Clinton couldn't keep his cigar lit...

TIME FOR THEM TO TAKE A BIT OF THEIR MEDICINE!

idiot.bmp

And a response to those Republicans who now deny voting for Bush...

Former Republican John Cole on Sarah Palin:

Sarah Palin is the distilled essence of wingnut. She has it all. She is dishonest. She is a religious nut. She is incurious. She is anti-science. She is inexperienced. She abuses her authority. She hides behind executive privilege. She is a big spender. She works from the gut and places a greater value on instinct than knowledge.

And most dangerous of all, she is supremely self-confident to the point of not recognizing how ill-equipped she is to lead the country.

Why do you think they love her so? But Cole really nails it here:

George Bush in a dress. The Palin interview should be a gut-check for Republicans and conservatives who think the last eight years has been a perversion of conservative principles. I am betting most of them will not even put down their pom-poms, though.

Conservatives are trying to rescue the reputation of their battered ideology by claiming that Bush was either incompetent, or not a good enough conservative. It may be laughable, but they've got to somehow explain away why conservatism has failed this country so disastrously. Their ideology is sacrosanct, infallible. Conservatism can't fail, only people can fail conservatism. Yet as Cole notes, the very qualities that made Bush such a failure are perfectly encapsulated in Palin (with a healthy dose of Cheney-style abuse of power for added spice).

MY TAKE: Obama was right, it's time for Republicans to own their failure. Stop passing the buck or trying to repackage this dog shit you've been peddling. We're not buying. Go stand in the corner and shut the f*ck up. We'll take it from here.

Hey, more power to ya! I was just commenting that you shouldn't be surprised by Drunk's comments...

I've been a registered Libertarian since I was 18 and have voted as such every election except the last. I broke my rule of not supporting big government and voted for Kerry thinking that the lesser of 2 evils in the last election was truly significantly less evil. I wish he would have won... I will probably do the same this election. But, I gurantee McCain will not have my vote. I'd sooner write in Ron Paul...

Keep in mind, when the Rep's claim they are for small goverenment, the reality is they are not. They are just for a small few running everything. No govt would actually be a plus...but with all the kick backs they give to corporate America, there is no chance for a Laissez Faire economy to thrive. Someone is always being given an advantage.

I do agree that the Dem's need to get their balls back.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama's (other than that he happens to be a Bears fan...), but overall I like the presence he will give the US in the national and international communities, and restore some semblance of respect to our country in the eyes of the world. Like it or not, this is a global world... We have to co-exist with tons of other countries. And, we need to clean up our own backyard before we go knockin' on our neighbors' door.

It's time to fight man! Democrats don't have to be pussies! Take no prisoners! It's time for everyone to get in the ring and do everything they can to bring this country back to where it belongs. I know I'm being "in your face" about this but god damn it, we've lost eight years to a President everyone now admits was a complete fool. Because of chumps like DB who think they got a big tax break when all he got was borrowed money. I said it in 2000 and now even most Repugs are denying they ever voted for Bush. Well, shit... I guess Karl Rove stole even more votes than originally thought. Or maybe I was right then too!

I'm not trying to claim I'm holier than thou. I'm not. But I'm damn tired of a party full of religious nuts who believe they are, continuing to run things. They're incompetent and dangerous and their shit, does in fact, stink. Smaller government has become NO GOVERNMENT. They're "pro-life" but they're just fine and dandy with our murdering 100,000 or more Iraqi's in a blundered into war. They're anti-terror but pro-oil, the source of terror money! They're pro-troops except, well, they really aren't. If it weren't for great PR, nobody in their right minds would ever vote for these dogs!

They've been great at using mockery and ridicule to their advantage. I concede the Republicans have done a marvelous job with those tools ever since Clinton couldn't keep his cigar lit...

TIME FOR THEM TO TAKE A BIT OF THEIR MEDICINE!

idiot.bmp

And, we need to clean up our own backyard before we go knockin' on our neighbors' door.

Excellent post. I agree with nearly everything. As I've said, I respect(ed) the Jack Kemp Republicans who were more in line with your libertarian philosophy. The problem is, this ain't your daddy's Republican Party. Obviously the Dems have their own issues but I see a sincere interest in competent government from them and that's good enough for me these days. Getting our ducks in a row financially and not shitting on the rest of the world is key. Bringing people who believe in science and who support green initiatives are important to me as well. Remember, you really aren't voting for Obama himself but an administration he'd bring with him. On so many levels, the world is ready for us to become leaders rather than bullies again. Staying out of people's bedrooms and medical decisions is also important to me, even though I'm personally against abortion.

I'd also like to have someone in there with the brains to make the right decisons on deploying our troops. A real energy policy not written by the oil companies too!

And I'd like to pull the US Constitution out of Cheney's paper shredder.

Good points!

I fully agree that our goverment needs a refresher course in the US Constitution!

Excellent post. I agree with nearly everything. As I've said, I respect(ed) the Jack Kemp Republicans who were more in line with your libertarian philosophy. The problem is, this ain't your daddy's Republican Party. Obviously the Dems have their own issues but I see a sincere interest in competent government from them and that's good enough for me these days. Getting our ducks in a row financially and not shitting on the rest of the world is key. Bringing people who believe in science and who support green initiatives are important to me as well. Remember, you really aren't voting for Obama himself but an administration he'd bring with him. On so many levels, the world is ready for us to become leaders rather than bullies again. Staying out of people's bedrooms and medical decisions is also important to me, even though I'm personally against abortion.

I'd also like to have someone in there with the brains to make the right decisons on deploying our troops. A real energy policy not written by the oil companies too!

And I'd like to pull the US Constitution out of Cheney's paper shredder.

Hey, more power to ya! I was just commenting that you shouldn't be surprised by Drunk's comments...

I've been a registered Libertarian since I was 18 and have voted as such every election except the last. I broke my rule of not supporting big government and voted for Kerry thinking that the lesser of 2 evils in the last election was truly significantly less evil. I wish he would have won... I will probably do the same this election. But, I gurantee McCain will not have my vote. I'd sooner write in Ron Paul...

Keep in mind, when the Rep's claim they are for small goverenment, the reality is they are not. They are just for a small few running everything. No govt would actually be a plus...but with all the kick backs they give to corporate America, there is no chance for a Laissez Faire economy to thrive. Someone is always being given an advantage.

I do agree that the Dem's need to get their balls back.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama's (other than that he happens to be a Bears fan...), but overall I like the presence he will give the US in the national and international communities, and restore some semblance of respect to our country in the eyes of the world. Like it or not, this is a global world... We have to co-exist with tons of other countries. And, we need to clean up our own backyard before we go knockin' on our neighbors' door.

Thanks for acknowledging the justification I had with my response. If anyone wants to have a normal conversation, history shows on here I have never went out of my way to attack anyone, Cracker is just an idiot, he does it in the football threads and in here and he is too immature to deal with anymore. Id like to hear some of your concepts of being a libertarian. Id say for the past year or two is when I started reading up on what they believe in and for the most part I like it. I think Paul had some very interesting ideas but we know he doesnt have a chance so I guess where we differ is what we think the lesser of two evils is.

Thanks for acknowledging the justification I had with my response. If anyone wants to have a normal conversation, history shows on here I have never went out of my way to attack anyone, Cracker is just an idiot, he does it in the football threads and in here and he is too immature to deal with anymore. Id like to hear some of your concepts of being a libertarian. Id say for the past year or two is when I started reading up on what they believe in and for the most part I like it. I think Paul had some very interesting ideas but we know he doesnt have a chance so I guess where we differ is what we think the lesser of two evils is.

I've got no patience for folks like you who enabled the man who sent over 4,000 of our fine men and women to their deaths, bankrupted the treasury and trashed the Constitution so you could gain a few silver coins, Judas. You'd rather let this government continue, as is, when so many are obviously hurting and the course we're on is so obviously wrong. Yep, I guess that makes me an idiot.

Here's an idea, do what I told you to do in the first place... Put the dunce cap on and go sit with your main man W over there in the corner. The grown-ups have work to do.

I've got no patience for folks like you who facilitated the man who sent over 4,000 of our fine men and women to their deaths, bankrupted the treasury and trashed the Constitution so you could gain a few silver coins, Judas. You'd rather let this government continue, as is, when so many are obviously hurting and the course we're on is so obviously wrong. Yep, I guess that makes me an idiot.

Here's an idea, do what I told you to do in the first place... Put the dunce cap on and go sit with your main man W over there in the corner. The grown-ups have work to do.

Get a job hippie

Anyone that gets riled up over Crackers comments, I can easily see why! He likes to get a rise out of people and baits his comments well! ;)

My dad has been a Libertarian for well over 30 years. Having been born in Lithuania, fleeing from Stalin's regime during WW2 as a child, he harbours a lot of anti-Communist sentiment. I think that the Libertarian viewpoint is almost the direct opposite of that. He found the philosophy through some early reading by fiction writer Ayn Rand and non-fiction writer Thomas Szasz. Szasz has some really interesting takes on modern medicine, especially phychiatry. He encouraged me at a young age to read everything and make up my own mind. I read into FDR, Kennedy, Lincoln, Eisenhower...and especially Jefferson. Early on, Jefferson's philosophies appealed to me most. So I kept going from there. But obviously, my dad was an influence. I come form the govt which governs least, governs best mentality. Unlike the pure Libertarian standpoint, I do believe we needs some public services, like roads, police, fire, military,etc. But I've generally found that whenever govt gets involved, they make things worse. The problem is that the machine is so large now, that eliminating so much is next to impossible.

I'm more than happy to discuss Libertarian views, and my own versions of that here if you'd like. I just don't want to bore or make any one uncomfortable.

I loved Ron Paul and was hoping he'd make more of a dent. He ran as a Lib a few times himself. Early on, I found McCain less threatening. However, he seems like such a war-hawk now trying to buddy up to the Bush Republicans that he scares me. I'm not thrilled Obama is talking tough on the Russians either. But I think he's doing it only to get elected and once in office, the rhetoric will ease up. One thing I do know, if a politician's lips are moving, they are lying. Including a Lib candidate. These guys don't get that far without bending the rules and such.

I generally want the government out of my wallet and out of my personal life.

Anyone that gets riled up over Crackers comments, I can easily see why! He likes to get a rise out of people and baits his comments well! ;)

My dad has been a Libertarian for well over 30 years. Having been born in Lithuania, fleeing from Stalin's regime during WW2 as a child, he harbours a lot of anti-Communist sentiment. I think that the Libertarian viewpoint is almost the direct opposite of that. He found the philosophy through some early reading by fiction writer Ayn Rand and non-fiction writer Thomas Szasz. Szasz has some really interesting takes on modern medicine, especially phychiatry. He encouraged me at a young age to read everything and make up my own mind. I read into FDR, Kennedy, Lincoln, Eisenhower...and especially Jefferson. Early on, Jefferson's philosophies appealed to me most. So I kept going from there. But obviously, my dad was an influence. I come form the govt which governs least, governs best mentality. Unlike the pure Libertarian standpoint, I do believe we needs some public services, like roads, police, fire, military,etc. But I've generally found that whenever govt gets involved, they make things worse. The problem is that the machine is so large now, that eliminating so much is next to impossible.

I'm more than happy to discuss Libertarian views, and my own versions of that here if you'd like. I just don't want to bore or make any one uncomfortable.

I loved Ron Paul and was hoping he'd make more of a dent. He ran as a Lib a few times himself. Early on, I found McCain less threatening. However, he seems like such a war-hawk now trying to buddy up to the Bush Republicans that he scares me. I'm not thrilled Obama is talking tough on the Russians either. But I think he's doing it only to get elected and once in office, the rhetoric will ease up. One thing I do know, if a politician's lips are moving, they are lying. Including a Lib candidate. These guys don't get that far without bending the rules and such.

I generally want the government out of my wallet and out of my personal life.

If there was a way I could vote for this and this alone I would. Id prefer to take care of myself and my family and have other people do the same. Things like wealth redistribution and big brother are my biggest gripes. Having cameras sending people tickets is ridiculous.