Hass to be cut...

madlithuanian

Bears to let go WR Hass

By Brad Biggson August 29, 2008 12:55 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Wide receiver Mike Hass, the Biletnikoff Award winner, has been informed he will be released. Hass was with the team all last season and dressed for just one game. He spent the 2006 season on the practice squad.

Bears to let go WR Hass

By Brad Biggson August 29, 2008 12:55 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Wide receiver Mike Hass, the Biletnikoff Award winner, has been informed he will be released. Hass was with the team all last season and dressed for just one game. He spent the 2006 season on the practice squad.

He'll be on a roster somewhere. Best of luck to him.

Peace :dabears

Either way, the mere fact that a fairly respected journalist said the guy is the best WR on the roster, and then the guy gets cut, says something about the lack of balance talent-wise on the Bears. Somehow the Bears have enough WRs that arguably their best WR gets cut, and meanwhile there's a bail of hay and a tackling dummy on the OL.

Either way, the mere fact that a fairly respected journalist said the guy is the best WR on the roster, and then the guy gets cut, says something about the lack of balance talent-wise on the Bears. Somehow the Bears have enough WRs that arguably their best WR gets cut, and meanwhile there's a bail of hay and a tackling dummy on the OL.

One of the best posts I've read today Jason. Go figure. Ol is where it all begins and ends on every down. One injury and our weak Oline is gonna be the end of us.

The problem with Hass is not that he can't catch because yes he is a great WR but he is just slow. All of our WR are faster ( not Booker) than him. Its like having Hester at PR/KR or putting let say Davis back there. You know Davis(Hass) can run but is he faster than Hester(other WR---not Booker)

The problem with Hass is not that he can't catch because yes he is a great WR but he is just slow. All of our WR are faster ( not Booker) than him. Its like having Hester at PR/KR or putting let say Davis back there. You know Davis(Hass) can run but is he faster than Hester(other WR---not Booker)

I don't buy that argument. There are plenty of WR with his speed, espescially slot guys...which is his position even though the Bears would never play him there. He's faster than Booker and he was faster than Moose last year...Speed is just one part of being a great receiver, and it's just sad so many coaches see it as the only part.

Jason, you honestly have to be the only person in the world that would call the Bears WR corps talented.

The thing is, I feel that my analysis of them as talented is just as valid as someone's who says they are not talented. Until the Bears have a competent OL, QB, and OC...we'll never really know. Just for shits and grins, however...

-Booker - Solid vet who has large vice grips for hands. He is a good route runner, albeit not spectacularly fast, but makes smart plays

-Hester - An enigma with undebateable talent. In limited time last year he blew past people when they knew he was pretty much only going to run deep. If he gets an even rudimentary understanding of what it means to be a pro WR, he'll be one of the top 30 in the NFL.

-Bennett - A highly touted rookie who destroyed the toughest college conference in college football. He played on a weaker team when compared to other SEC teams, and still managed to look like a complete stud. When he gets comfortable, his talent will shine through.

-Bradley - Despite being often injured, when Bradley has been on the field, he has looked faster, stronger, and bigger than nearly every other player in the Bears' WR corp, not to mention the defensive secondaries. If this guy can manage to stay healthy, he has legit #1 WR talent, IMHO.

-Davis - A former Arena league guy who is just tough as nails, makes the clutch catches, goes across the middle, runs solid routes, knows how to work the inside of the zone, and has a good enough combination of strength and speed making him difficult to stop in the open field.

-Lloyd - A guy with tons of talent that just hasn't translated to NFL success. Was absolutely lost on a horrible Washington offense after doing well on a horrible San Francisco offense. Nobody doubts his speed, size, or talent...it's just his heart.

-Rideau - Don't know much about him, but he has looked pretty good every time I've seen him. At 6'3" and 200lbs, he's got the size to cause trouble for defenses.

-Haas - From all accounts, catches absolutely everything.

Not to mention the fact that the Bears are 3 deep at quality TE.

I'd say that's talent. If this receiving group was on the Colts, Pats, Browns, or Bengals (all teams with at least 2 of 3 out of the good QB, OC, OL combo)...three of these guys would have been drafted in fantasy this year.

I don't buy that argument. There are plenty of WR with his speed, espescially slot guys...which is his position even though the Bears would never play him there. He's faster than Booker and he was faster than Moose last year...Speed is just one part of being a great receiver, and it's just sad so many coaches see it as the only part.

Yes you are right in your point, but Hass is not a slot guy on this team. He can catch a cold in Iraq I give him that, he is faster than Moose and Booker I said that, but what I'm saying is we don't need a slower type WR on the outside to get out QB killed further than what the Oline will or will not do because he has to wait until Hass gets open.