Matt Forte

Wesson44

Matt Forte will be the first rookie running back to start a season opener for the Bears since Walter Payton in 1975. Informed that Payton was held to zero yards on 8 carries in his debut, Forte said, "Hopefully I'll do better than that." Yes hopefully you will for our sake.

Matt Forte will be the first rookie running back to start a season opener for the Bears since Walter Payton in 1975. Informed that Payton was held to zero yards on 8 carries in his debut, Forte said, "Hopefully I'll do better than that." Yes hopefully you will for our sake.

I would be happy if he were another N Anderson (with a longer career and less injuries).

I would be happy if he were another N Anderson (with a longer career and less injuries).

As would most of us here Pix. I think Forte can be special. No one will ever take Walter's place but I think he could be one of the better backs that we've had in a long while. It was a shame that Anderson's was cut short by injuries. He had a lot of talent.

Oh com on...you and I both know there will never be another Walter Payton but what I mean is can Forte put up numberes like Paton did. And carry the torch when Payton left off.

Like I said, there will never be another Walter Payton, which means nobody will be as productive, statistically, as Wally P was.

Like I said, there will never be another Walter Payton, which means nobody will be as productive, statistically, as Wally P was.

Well your statement has holes in it see Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith etc, someone can put up Payton like numbers. I was asking is Forte can do it. Walter never ran for 2,000 yards in a season in college.

As much as I'd love Forte to become the next Walter...I do not think today's game allows for it. The only guy on pace to get near Sanders, Payton or Smith is Tomlinson, and he's already showing signs of wear. It's a different league now. Especially with the increased use of multiple backs.

I suppose anything is possible...but I'm not betting on any RB to do that, let alone ours.

Well your statement has holes in it see Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith etc, someone can put up Payton like numbers. I was asking is Forte can do it. Walter never ran for 2,000 yards in a season in college.

Like Pix said, I am simply looking for another Neil Anderson and then Wolfe can be Pinky. ;)

Peace :dabears

Oh com on...you and I both know there will never be another Walter Payton but what I mean is can Forte put up numberes like Paton did. And carry the torch when Payton left off.

For real? Is this a serious question? Well the short answer is NO. Walter would still have the all time rushing record if Emmit Smith didn't play with the greatest offensive line in NFL history for so long and he didn't play for so damn long (Just to break the record, unlike Barry Sanders who many think quit because he didn't want to break the record.)

I don't know what to predict with Matt Forte, never seen him run in a real game yet. But I'd be happy with a long, healthy productive career with the Bears, for whatever that is, idk..

I'm not sure what he's saying, either. He says Forte can be like Payton but he doesn't have to be as good.

Huh?

What I was saying in the begining was that Walter was a Rookie back in 75 and look what happened in his carrer, I was asking if Forte could do the same since he is the first rookie to start for the bears at RB since Walter? It got blow out of the water when the guy thought that I was trying to compare the two because there is none.

Terrible logic.

You have to understand that I was said the nobody could match Paytons stats.I simply said that it has been done already by different backs. The whole point was if Forte could be a player/runner like Walter was....not be Walter. The reference to yards was used to say the Forte was good in college and can he be the same in the NFL

The reference to yards was used to say the Forte was good in college and can he be the same in the NFL

College and the NFL are two different beasts all together. There are thousands of players that were awesome in college, and then absolutely nothing in the NFL. Think of literally any first round bust in the history of the NFL.