Lions defense

DrunkBomber

How many more games till I can say I told you so about Michael Turner to everyone that said he's not special and not worth looking at this offseason.

Weren't you a Benson fan as well? The truth is, we've all been right about some guys and wrong about others. I suspect our hit and miss percentages are no better (and possibly worse) than the average NFL GM.

Weren't you a Benson fan as well? The truth is, we've all been right about some guys and wrong about others. I suspect our hit and miss percentages are no better (and possibly worse) than the average NFL GM.

Yep, I sure was a Benson fan. I still think he would do as good as any other running back on the team this year. Last year was the line that caused him to have a bad year statistacally imo.

Despite my faith in Benson being a competent back, I felt Turner, however, was the type of special back that JA was talking about when he let Atrain go. I remember alot of arguements with people over him during the offseason. Only Walter Payton twice in 77 and Sayers once in 68 have broke 200 yards as a Bear.

I'm not claiming to be a GM. It wouldn't take much to outdo this team's staff on offense tho. There's only a few players I've felt were special and were must have's recently in FA. I wanted Drew Brees, we got Brian Griese. I wanted a young Plaxico Burress and we got Mushin Muhammad. I wanted Faneca and we got, well I don't know who we got. I wanted Michael Turner, and we'll see what our RB's do in comparison this year.

Yep, I sure was a Benson fan. I still think he would do as good as any other running back on the team this year. Last year was the line that caused him to have a bad year statistacally imo.

Despite my faith in Benson being a competent back, I felt Turner, however, was the type of special back that JA was talking about when he let Atrain go. I remember alot of arguements with people over him during the offseason. Only Walter Payton twice in 77 and Sayers once in 68 have broke 200 yards as a Bear.

I'm not claiming to be a GM. It wouldn't take much to outdo this team's staff on offense tho. There's only a few players I've felt were special and were must have's recently in FA. I wanted Drew Brees, we got Brian Griese. I wanted a young Plaxico Burress and we got Mushin Muhammad. I wanted Faneca and we got, well I don't know who we got. I wanted Michael Turner, and we'll see what our RB's do in comparison this year.

For the record, I agree on Benson, Faneca and Burress but I would have been scared to pull the trigger on Brees that year because of his injury the year before. I was undecided on Turner because although I thought he looked good, it was almost always in garbage time or when the defense was tired and he was fresh.

Even though both you and I feel those would have been "hits" if we ran the team, I'm sure we've both had our share of "misses" as well.

Just wait till after this game, i think Forte will show running is his Forte. He may not get 200 yards ever, but he will be the type of back we need. To boot, I think I read somewhere Turner wanted to stay in warm weather. If so he woulda never made it to Chicago.

He may have. I just wanted to see the effort. Going into the preseason, there was alot of talk of Turner wanting to come to Chicago and/or links to him coming here to be back home.

I have no doubt that Forte will be a player that is loved in Chicago. His blue colored attitude appeals to alot of people. It will drive him to play harder and better then players with a similar skill set. Turner on the other hand is a special talent with his speed and size. I think Forte will probably not break 4 yards a carry this year. That's not because of his talent or anythign else. It's more about the line and there unabllity to open up holes for the running game last year and this preseason.

The I told you so's was just me kidding tho. I don't think I've ever broke one out, and I'm reserving it for when Booker shows he deserves his roster spot.

I argued with alot of people over bringing him in in the offseason before he signed with atlanta and it being a mistake to not bring him in for a look after he had signed.

For the record, I agree on Benson, Faneca and Burress but I would have been scared to pull the trigger on Brees that year because of his injury the year before. I was undecided on Turner because although I thought he looked good, it was almost always in garbage time or when the defense was tired and he was fresh.

Even though both you and I feel those would have been "hits" if we ran the team, I'm sure we've both had our share of "misses" as well.

I have had my misses in the draft for sure, I'm not that bad on players from with in the NFL tho, at least on players I think are special. I saw Plaxico play every week because I'm in a Steeler's market. I had followed Turner for years and seen most of his playing time. Brees was more of a we need a QB, he has hella good talent, and given the Bears history at QB I would gamble on him.

Filler players, or players that just because that's what is available are ones I have more of a bad record on. Like Griese, I wanted Brees, but with him I was like atleast it's an upgrade. I'm still not sold on him being a bust here last year tho. I felt they played out of his specialty having him throw for over 35 times a game. Warner would be another player. He hasn't been rocking or sucking since he was available and it's impossible to tell what he would do with this talent in comparison to whats in Arizona. I would throw Berrian in there, I didn't feel he was as special as I did Plaxico, but thought he was worth spending the franchise on. That could easily be a bad decision on my part.