OT: Vince Young Doesn't Want to Play Football

DABEARSDABOMB

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1753860.story

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) _ The mother of Titans quarterback Vince Young said he indicated he doesn't want to play football and is "hurting inside and out."

Felicia Young said in Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he's faced after being booed during a 17-10 win Sunday over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.

"What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" Felicia Young said "He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

"But we're not talking about football right now. We're talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing."

The phone number for Young's home is unlisted, and his agent, Major Adams, did not answer his cell phone Wednesday morning. The Titans did not immediately return a message left by The Associated Press.

This isn't the first time that Young has talked of wanting to quit football. He told a reporter last spring that he thought of retiring after his rookie season, a statement he said later was taken out of context.

Stunning what has happened to this guy. He was on top of the world after beating the Trojans and winning the national title. Than in his rookie season he comes in and finds a way to lead his team to like 6 wins in 7 games. Now he's a complete mess and it looks like psychologically he's all messed up.

It makes me wonder what would have happened to Young if he played in Chicago and had to deal with what Rex did. In fact, gives me a bit more of an appreciation for Rex. Rex clearly didn't make it as the QB we thought of, but he always had a good attitude and gave it his all and is again trying his best to be a serviceable backup for the season.

Stunning what has happened to this guy. He was on top of the world after beating the Trojans and winning the national title. Than in his rookie season he comes in and finds a way to lead his team to like 6 wins in 7 games. Now he's a complete mess and it looks like psychologically he's all messed up.

It makes me wonder what would have happened to Young if he played in Chicago and had to deal with what Rex did. In fact, gives me a bit more of an appreciation for Rex. Rex clearly didn't make it as the QB we thought of, but he always had a good attitude and gave it his all and is again trying his best to be a serviceable backup for the season.

I don't know the whole situation, but I think that Vince needs to kick his mommy out of his house. How can he ever make decisions as a man when his mommy is calling him "her baby boy" and calling his boss when he doesn't want to hear her crap anymore?

Honestly, whats with Texas and these emotional girlymen?

Mack Brown and the Texas system tend to really coddle their stars. Sure, the same can be said about many schools, but I think the evidence shows how true that is of Texas.

And before anyone points out Vasher, while a very good player at Texas, he wasn't a star, getting star treatment.

It's the madden curse

No, it's just the "not very good curse". The guy had plenty of questions coming out of Texas yet his performance in the Rose Bowl vs USC made Titans fans think that if they pass on Young, it'd be the dumbest move ever.

Looks like Cutler will be the best of the 3 taken that year (Leinart and Young).

W/ Chow w/ Tenn at the time, I will say I think his outlook would have been different had tenn drafted him, as Chow pushed for.

As for Young, I think he had/has the tools/ability to be a very good QB in the NFL. Many compared him to Vick, due to his running ability, but he also improved as a passer in college, and IMHO, is not just a RB who can throw the ball, like Vick.

At the same time, I question whether he has the head or heart. He has struggled to learn, and can't dominate in the NFL on raw talent alone the way he did at Texas. And as for heart. Well, just ask our players what happens to an ex-Texas player who some perceive quit on them.

I don't follow this guy, nevertheless...

Seems that aside from the current weird psychological condition, he's only got 2 bad games in a row...one this season, and last year's playoff loss (I didn't even look up the playoff game, but I assume he played bad). It's perplexing that he got booed in game 1. But more perplexing is how somone can get that down on himself after 2 bad games. Am I missing something?

Either way, we can take solace in knowing that some fans have made it known they will not accept failure, regardless of whether the effort is there, and what a vital service that is! I can't imagine how the Titans organization would manage to stay competitive without the hometown booing.:rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8550254...ere-predictable

Good article by Jason Whitlock on this...

I don't know the whole situation, but I think that Vince needs to kick his mommy out of his house. How can he ever make decisions as a man when his mommy is calling him "her baby boy" and calling his boss when he doesn't want to hear her crap anymore?

I don't know, Cedric's Mom being around worked out pretty well for him . . . except everytime she was around he'd get drunk, arrested, and sometimes beaten by the police.

The strange thing is that going into the 2007 season, Bear's fans would have loved to have had Matt Leinart or Vince Young. Now look where these two have headed.

I mainly point this out for next April when there's a push to draft the next Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. It's a helluva a crap-shoot drafting a QB in the first round.

Really? When you draft a player at the #3 spot, give him a boatload of money, and he is talking retirement after 2 seasons, you think it over-blown? 3rd season for the QB, and he still doesn't look like a QB. He does not look like he is developing for a maturity standpoint either, and that isn't good for a QB.

I think people are making to big of a deal about this...

Really? When you draft a player at the #3 spot, give him a boatload of money, and he is talking retirement after 2 seasons, you think it over-blown? 3rd season for the QB, and he still doesn't look like a QB. He does not look like he is developing for a maturity standpoint either, and that isn't good for a QB.

Last time I checked, it was his Mama was talking about retirement. Young was probably letting off some steam to his mom, and then his mom goes out and makes a stupid comment to the media.