Hester

Alaskan Grizzly

The Bears should have traded Hester when they had the chance. Earlier this season when Hester was holding out for money I (and I think a few others) said that he is not going to be worth anymore than he was then. I said he was one injury away from losing his step and was only going to get slower regardless. That and all the other teams are figureing out how to stop him.

First he tried to make something out of nothing (see the Colts game and a tackle on the 3) then this injury. A "soft tissue" injury to the ribs that could keep him out for up to two weeks? I mean come on!!! This was just a result of the heat and cramping. There is a troubling trend developing. Buckle down and get back to practice. The Bears are paying you big money to play....so do it.

20071031hester.jpg

TAKE A TYLENOL, DRINK SOME WATER AND GET BACK IN THE GAME!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope you're wrong...

You could be jumping to conclusions...

1. Hester doesn't always score or have big returns. We're only 2 games into the season.

2. Injury does happen . It's happened to Hester before. It could be moot as he could take the field this weekend.

3. He's always tried to make something out of nothing...enough times to really outstanding results.

Again, it is possible that he's lost it and we've wasted money. But I think it's pure speculation at this point. Let's let it play out a bit...

The Bears should have traded Hester when they had the chance. Earlier this season when Hester was holding out for money I (and I think a few others) said that he is not going to be worth anymore than he was then. I said he was one injury away from losing his step and was only going to get slower regardless. That and all the other teams are figureing out how to stop him.

First he tried to make something out of nothing (see the Colts game and a tackle on the 3) then this injury. A "soft tissue" injury to the ribs that could keep him out for up to two weeks? I mean come on!!! This was just a result of the heat and cramping. There is a troubling trend developing. Buckle down and get back to practice. The Bears are paying you big money to play....so do it.

20071031hester.jpg

TAKE A TYLENOL, DRINK SOME WATER AND GET BACK IN THE GAME!!!

Guest TerraTor

this is so retarded. what the hell would have traded for hester? Another OL so we can still not pass? some more 1st round picks to waste? I mean seriously, u can see the impact he has on the game. How many punts and kickoffs have gone OB or been short and weve been near the 50? and the blocked punt was totally a result of trying to keep it away from Hester. Teams have learned how to stop him... how friggin strupid

If you don't spend money on your best offensive weapon who do you spend money on? Even if Hester hasn't played great on offense yet he's still our leading scorer over the last two seasons and the field position he gives the offense throughout a game is worth even more points. At least it would be if anyone else would care to contribute to the cause.

If you don't spend money on your best offensive weapon who do you spend money on? Even if Hester hasn't played great on offense yet he's still our leading scorer over the last two seasons and the field position he gives the offense throughout a game is worth even more points. At least it would be if anyone else would care to contribute to the cause.

He was never our best "offensive" weapon. He was our best special teams weapon. I said that we should pay him like the best return man ever, but giving him any more money until he has proven to be a legit threat on offense was a waste IMO.

AZ54 you are right on one thing. The field position doesn't mean squat if we can't score.

He was never our best "offensive" weapon. He was our best special teams weapon. I said that we should pay him like the best return man ever, but giving him any more money until he has proven to be a legit threat on offense was a waste IMO.

AZ54 you are right on one thing. The field position doesn't mean squat if we can't score.

We can score, but we a "stud" TE who can't hold onto the ball and our OC is such a b**** along with a few posters on here who don't like the idea of giving Forte a bunch of carries "because he's a rookie" and all that crap. You give your best offensive player the ball the majority of the time in the NFL if you want to win. End of story.

We can score, but we a "stud" TE who can't hold onto the ball and our OC is such a b**** along with a few posters on here who don't like the idea of giving Forte a bunch of carries "because he's a rookie" and all that crap. You give your best offensive player the ball the majority of the time in the NFL if you want to win. End of story.

lol Why is our OC a b****? Because our QB audibles to crappy plays or because our QB can throw an accurate ball over 15 yards?

He wasn't a b**** when Rex was hitting Berrian and co. en route to a SuperBowl and he wasn't a b**** when Kramer was setting passing records back in the 90's.

He called one bad play last game and that one would have got the first down except for the rookie TE missing his block.

Give it a rest.

this is so retarded. what the hell would have traded for hester? Another OL so we can still not pass? some more 1st round picks to waste? I mean seriously, u can see the impact he has on the game. How many punts and kickoffs have gone OB or been short and weve been near the 50? and the blocked punt was totally a result of trying to keep it away from Hester. Teams have learned how to stop him... how friggin strupid

Outstanding!!! I've been reading Terra's posts for years now (including the old boards) and this is by far his best.

Terra you summed it all up with, "this is so reatarted. what the hell would (we) have traded for hester?"

In 2005 & early 2006 there was a push to "trade Urlacher." With the exception of Peyton Manning or Kyle Brady, I'd love to know what we'd have gotten in equal value for him.

Hester's a stud and a game-breaker. You ride that as long as you can. You don't give up 2 weeks into his 3rd season.

Nice post Terra.

Guest TerraTor
Outstanding!!! I've been reading Terra's posts for years now (including the old boards) and this is by far his best.

Terra you summed it all up with, "this is so reatarted. what the hell would (we) have traded for hester?"

In 2005 & early 2006 there was a push to "trade Urlacher." With the exception of Peyton Manning or Kyle Brady, I'd love to know what we'd have gotten in equal value for him.

Hester's a stud and a game-breaker. You ride that as long as you can. You don't give up 2 weeks into his 3rd season.

Nice post Terra.

thanks... i mean seriously, is that just stupid or what? and ur right i remember the trade urlacher bullshit for like Tra Thomas or some garbage... this isnt Madden

Nice post Terra.

Isn't Kyle Brady retired?!

Didn't the OC call the 2nd and 1 and the 4th and 1 plays? Seems to me, runs by Forte, not McKie would be called for.

You think he didn't mess up in the SB? What about another short yardage down, then Rex fumbles it away? You want to remember the Kramer years as great, be my guest! I'm trying to forget them!

It wasn't one bad play. It was a few, and at the worst times to call them.

Sorry, but I'm not sold on Turner in the least. Mediocre comes to mind. He's not Shoop, but he ain't Norv either.

lol Why is our OC a b****? Because our QB audibles to crappy plays or because our QB can throw an accurate ball over 15 yards?

He wasn't a b**** when Rex was hitting Berrian and co. en route to a SuperBowl and he wasn't a b**** when Kramer was setting passing records back in the 90's.

He called one bad play last game and that one would have got the first down except for the rookie TE missing his block.

Give it a rest.

Didn't the OC call the 2nd and 1 and the 4th and 1 plays? Seems to me, runs by Forte, not McKie would be called for.

You think he didn't mess up in the SB? What about another short yardage down, then Rex fumbles it away? You want to remember the Kramer years as great, be my guest! I'm trying to forget them!

It wasn't one bad play. It was a few, and at the worst times to call them.

Sorry, but I'm not sold on Turner in the least. Mediocre comes to mind. He's not Shoop, but he ain't Norv either.

Oh so Rex fumbling is the OC's fault.

And the second and 1 play was good. Its your buddy Orton that cant hit a wide open Davis.

And what about the 3rd and 1 play that qb with the large brain, as you say, changed to a 0yrd pass to Booker that nearly got picked and taken house.

Players have to execute friend. I disagree with the 4th and 1 call too and have said as much. But looking at the replay if Kellen Davis gets his block then we get a first down.

And forget about the Kramer days all you want, but back then the offense was setting records and the defense was trash.

Rex's fumble is partially the OC's fault. One should assess the inefficiencies of one's player to determine the correct path. Short yardage, Jones is running well. Rex can sometimes mishandle balls or make an errant throw. You run Jones. That to me is a bad coaching decision.

Hey azbearsfan, Orton ain't my buddy. I actually wish he were. Then I'd get good seats to the games.

The 2nd and 1 play was not good. Again, look at your tools and use them wisely. Orton had been struggling all game with the long throw and Forte is running like a truck. And you throw deep? Again, run the truck.

The 3-1 play is all on Orton's shoulders. Orton made a mistake. I hope he learns from it.

Players do have to execute. But, coaches need to put them in the best situation to execute. Both elements failed us last Sunday. (And why is rookie Kellen in there on such a big play?)

Feel free to memorialize the Kramer years all you want. I could care less about beating putrid old Bears' passing records. I'll take the Jimmy Mac years anyday which culminated in a Super Bowl WIN.

And the second and 1 play was good. Its your buddy Orton that cant hit a wide open Davis.

And what about the 3rd and 1 play that qb with the large brain, as you say, changed to a 0yrd pass to Booker that nearly got picked and taken house.

Players have to execute friend. I disagree with the 4th and 1 call too and have said as much. But looking at the replay if Kellen Davis gets his block then we get a first down.

And forget about the Kramer days all you want, but back then the offense was setting records and the defense was trash.

IMHO, the jury is still out on Turner. I am not going to go back to the 90s when Turner was here last. That was a long time ago, and things change. He may have been a good OC once, but that doesn't mean he is today.

IMHO, there has been a lot to be desired w/ Turner. While the player do need to execute, in the last two years, I question a lot of what Turner has done, and yes, even in our SB season, but especially last year. What I really questioned was how much Turner altered his game plan for our talent. Last year, it was obvious our OL was getting killed, and Rex could do little in the pocket to change that. To me, that is when an OC needs to step in and make some changes. More quick strikes. More protection. Why did we not see two TE formations until this year, for example.

Now, this year, I have no problem w/ Turner. I pretty much agree w/ you on the last game. Were there calls that were questionable. Sure. But that can be said of every coach in every game. On the whole, Turner called a pretty good game. But player execution was simply not there. From penalties to missed passes to missed blocks to fumbles. If the player executed, I don't think many here would be screaming for Turner's head.

I questioned Turner in the past, but feel he has called some good games thus far. In the first game, the player executed. In the 2nd, they didn't, and Turner is getting the blame, which is wrong.

Rex's fumble is partially the OC's fault. One should assess the inefficiencies of one's player to determine the correct path. Short yardage, Jones is running well. Rex can sometimes mishandle balls or make an errant throw. You run Jones. That to me is a bad coaching decision.

Hey azbearsfan, Orton ain't my buddy. I actually wish he were. Then I'd get good seats to the games.

The 2nd and 1 play was not good. Again, look at your tools and use them wisely. Orton had been struggling all game with the long throw and Forte is running like a truck. And you throw deep? Again, run the truck.

The 3-1 play is all on Orton's shoulders. Orton made a mistake. I hope he learns from it.

Players do have to execute. But, coaches need to put them in the best situation to execute. Both elements failed us last Sunday. (And why is rookie Kellen in there on such a big play?)

Feel free to memorialize the Kramer years all you want. I could care less about beating putrid old Bears' passing records. I'll take the Jimmy Mac years anyday which culminated in a Super Bowl WIN.

So you are saying the OC should have known the Rex would fumble? Are you serious?

How can you say the 2nd and 1 call is bad? Davis is running a 15yrd sideline route, not down the middle of the field. Nobody is 5 steps from Davis. Again, thats hate on Turner just to hate. An NFL quarterback needs to hit the receiver. On second and short, you take your shots.

So 3rd and 1 Turner calls your run and Orton chekcs out.

And 4th Kellen is in because its a 3 TE set. The same one we have seen for years, that has scored and gotten first down numerous times.

So who would you blame if Turner gives the ball to Forte on 4th and 1 and he gets stuffed, since thats the play you wanted?

lol And BTW thanks for going over the top again. Never said to memorialize Turner. Just said when the players execute his offense rolls. Ala when Kramer was here and the Rex superbowl year.

I'm not sure what the Jimmy Mac Super Bowl YEAR has to do with a debate on Turner as an O -Coodinator, but its surprises me that you liked that year since you have said you would rather lose in the first round of the playoffs than get to a super bowl.

;) Toggle Side Panel

I am serious. And, yes, the OC should have known it's more than a possibility. Especially when the other option is to run the ball as you've been doing successfully all game long. The moment Turner tries to get tricky, he usually gets burned.

I do. I explained it. We were running well with Forte, we needed a measley yard. It should have been run. We should take shots, but not when the game is on the line. You go to what gives you the best chance to get the first. Time wasn't a factor at that point.

I'm not sure what you're comlaining about now regarding the 3-1. Orton f'ed up. Turner got that one right. My argument is he botched 2nd and 4th.

Maybe that's a bad set then with a rookie at a crucial part of the game...

If Forte got he ball on 4-1 and didn't get it, oh well. At least that was our best possibility. Obviously unless he does something stupid like run backwards...

I'm happy to go over the top whenever someone writes things that are silly. You keep mentioning all the pluses of the Kramer years, etc... I just don't buy it. Honestly, as good as the passing game was, it had to be since the D was atricious and we were playing from behind. This is a different animal.

Again, you seem content with GOING...I prefer WINNING Super Bowls. If you look at my comment it clearly states that it is GIVEN that we will LOSE the SB, I would rather be bounced in round one than go on and lose the SB.

So you are saying the OC should have known the Rex would fumble? Are you serious?

How can you say the 2nd and 1 call is bad? Davis is running a 15yrd sideline route, not down the middle of the field. Nobody is 5 steps from Davis. Again, thats hate on Turner just to hate. An NFL quarterback needs to hit the receiver. On second and short, you take your shots.

So 3rd and 1 Turner calls your run and Orton chekcs out.

And 4th Kellen is in because its a 3 TE set. The same one we have seen for years, that has scored and gotten first down numerous times.

So who would you blame if Turner gives the ball to Forte on 4th and 1 and he gets stuffed, since thats the play you wanted?

lol And BTW thanks for going over the top again. Never said to memorialize Turner. Just said when the players execute his offense rolls. Ala when Kramer was here and the Rex superbowl year.

I'm not sure what the Jimmy Mac Super Bowl YEAR has to do with a debate on Turner as an O -Coodinator, but its surprises me that you liked that year since you have said you would rather lose in the first round of the playoffs than get to a super bowl.

;) Toggle Side Panel

Give it a rest.

1? Are you kidding? Yeah, because I'm sure Turner called a bunch of run plays in the 2nd half only for Orton to check out of EVERY SINGLE one. Good call. :rolleyes:

I am serious. And, yes, the OC should have known it's more than a possibility. Especially when the other option is to run the ball as you've been doing successfully all game long. The moment Turner tries to get tricky, he usually gets burned.

I do. I explained it. We were running well with Forte, we needed a measley yard. It should have been run. We should take shots, but not when the game is on the line. You go to what gives you the best chance to get the first. Time wasn't a factor at that point.

I'm not sure what you're comlaining about now regarding the 3-1. Orton f'ed up. Turner got that one right. My argument is he botched 2nd and 4th.

Maybe that's a bad set then with a rookie at a crucial part of the game...

If Forte got he ball on 4-1 and didn't get it, oh well. At least that was our best possibility. Obviously unless he does something stupid like run backwards...

I'm happy to go over the top whenever someone writes things that are silly. You keep mentioning all the pluses of the Kramer years, etc... I just don't buy it. Honestly, as good as the passing game was, it had to be since the D was atricious and we were playing from behind. This is a different animal.

Again, you seem content with GOING...I prefer WINNING Super Bowls. If you look at my comment it clearly states that it is GIVEN that we will LOSE the SB, I would rather be bounced in round one than go on and lose the SB.

We agree on the 3rd and 4th down plays.

We disagree on the 2nd down call. To me its a good call, because you have a WR running a 15 yard out with noone near them. The fault is on the player for not hitting the open man. Ask any coordinator from the pros to high school, second down and short is the time to try and take a shot and pick up some good yardage. Good play call, bad execution.

And its only silly because it goes against your statement that Turner is not a good coordinator. Kramer breaking records is fact, not silly. I'm not sure what you dont buy, facts?

And you're right, I am happy with going to the Super Bowl, because once you get there anything can happen. Ask the Giants.

And I dont get the arguement that losing in the first round is better than losing in the SB. The SB loser is the second best team in the league. Ahhh, but if you dont win the SB you might as well not win any games, are you one of those people?

Fair enough on 2nd down. I go with the more sure thing...but I can see your point.

I still do not think Turner is a good coordinator. I think he's mediocre. I don't deny the records set by Kramer. I simply say put them in perspective... 1. That was then, this is now. 2. We were giving up points on D, therefore needed to pass more, thus resulting in more yardage. This current Bears D is a bit different than the Wanny group. I buy facts. I'm just not buying your extrapolation.

Again, you seem to miss the point on my comment regarding SB v one and out in the playoffs. Let me spell it out clearly.

Scenario 1: Let's say you have access to the future results and know that the bears will lose the Super Bowl. Would you rather have that, or an early exit in the first round of the playoffs? I say yes. #1, coming in second is more painful. At least with a one and done, you can look towards some improvements. #2, historically, teams that lose the Super Bowl suck for a year if not far longer. The Bills and Pats defy that, but the laws of average are not good.

Scenario #2: Without know the results of the Super Bowl, would you rather have the Bears go, or be bounced out in the 1st round? I think it's obvious. You hope they go and win. Thinking otherwise is ridiculous. If you do not know the outcome of the big game, you want them in it for sure.

I hope that clears thing up for you on my comments. You keep assuming I hope they don't even get a chance to go to the Super Bowl. That is not correct. We're talking about a scenario which is impossible in reality, and that's knowing the actual outcome before it happens. So, the point is somewhat moot.

You think I'm some idiot who would rather the Bears lose all their games if they couldn't win the Super Bowl? Again, if we go to Scenario #1...my preference is actually a fairly deep playoff run without getting to the big game and losing it. See Scenario 2 in case you're unsure on what I would think if the SB outcome was unknown.

We agree on the 3rd and 4th down plays.

We disagree on the 2nd down call. To me its a good call, because you have a WR running a 15 yard out with noone near them. The fault is on the player for not hitting the open man. Ask any coordinator from the pros to high school, second down and short is the time to try and take a shot and pick up some good yardage. Good play call, bad execution.

And its only silly because it goes against your statement that Turner is not a good coordinator. Kramer breaking records is fact, not silly. I'm not sure what you dont buy, facts?

And you're right, I am happy with going to the Super Bowl, because once you get there anything can happen. Ask the Giants.

And I dont get the arguement that losing in the first round is better than losing in the SB. The SB loser is the second best team in the league. Ahhh, but if you dont win the SB you might as well not win any games, are you one of those people?

For instance?

For the 3rd time- all the times we should have ran with Forte (2nd and 1 and 4th and 1 on that last possession). That is 2 off the top of my head and I'm sure there are other times where we clearly should have handed him the ball but instead threw a 4 yard out to Stone Hands Davis.

Well he's not scoring because nobody kicks it to him. He's just as dangerous as he was last year. I just don't think he'll pan out as a wide receiver. They should just put him on kickoff/punt return duties and forget everything else. That way he can just focus on that. I don't think he gets how to play WR, that's just my personal opinion from watching him.