Please dump this guy

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear19.article

I dont know about you all, but i am so sick of hearing how he is the most athletic guy in the secondary. They forget to mention hes also the worst football player in the secondary. I swear to god if he ends up returning kicks and fumbles, im flying to chicago and killing him

did you not see what he did in the pre season as a kick returner, i dunno something like avg 44 yards a kick return... now i understand he probably ain't the smartest db out there but he does have skill and besides who else you gonna put at nickle corey graham.... hahaha rite. So rite now DM is our best option at nickle, and honestly our best option at returner...

did you not see what he did in the pre season as a kick returner, i dunno something like avg 44 yards a kick return... now i understand he probably ain't the smartest db out there but he does have skill and besides who else you gonna put at nickle corey graham.... hahaha rite. So rite now DM is our best option at nickle, and honestly our best option at returner...

UH yeah, considering that Graham completely out played him throughout all of camp, I would have to say yeah play graham as the nickel. I don't mind seeing manning returning the kicks for one week, but terra's not off when he says that this guy has been a complete bust. You know it's pretty bad when he is "okay" with coming off the bench. Most "competitors" want to be out there, yet manning has said that he's okay coming off the bench. I'm really disappointed to see that he actually made this team this year. He is by far the biggest weakness on this defense when he is out there. This will more than likely be his "last" chance, and if griese is smart he'll tear him in half and force the bears to kick him to the curb in favor of graham. There's a difference between a fast defensive back and a smart defensive back, and I'll take Mike Brown over someone like Deangelo Hall any day of the week. Manning is not a smart football player and to be honest what good is speed when you're constantly chasing your guy down from behind because your coverage skills suck so bad. So far the only play I recall seeing manning out there in the nickel was on the play where wayne torched him and almost made a stretched out catch for a touchdown in week one. Sorry, but I'd rather see Hunter out there instead of that waste of a 2nd rd pick. I don't even have to finish watching him for the rest of the season I'm already calling him a bust.

Repeatedly the Bears under JA have drafted small school guys in the second round with mixed results. He is another guy that looks like he gets a little overwhelmed at times. Remember Roo Williams? He was so overwhelmed that he felt he didn't belong.First of JAs questionable second rounders. The second one was Tillman. TT I know your passion for the Bears is outstanding but D. Manning is what he is a small fish in a big pond.Letting him do something simple like return kicks until he can get the hang of the Cover 2 might help. Why did they get rid of Chris Harris? he had the same problem of being out of position a lot. D. Manning is a good return man but he has had to play too many different rolls on defense for his football IQ to handle. Yes I said it I think D.Manning has trouble understanding the Bears scheme.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear19.article

I dont know about you all, but i am so sick of hearing how he is the most athletic guy in the secondary. They forget to mention hes also the worst football player in the secondary. I swear to god if he ends up returning kicks and fumbles, im flying to chicago and killing him

Gas the truck up Bubba!!

Repeatedly the Bears under JA have drafted small school guys in the second round with mixed results. He is another guy that looks like he gets a little overwhelmed at times. Remember Roo Williams? He was so overwhelmed that he felt he didn't belong.First of JAs questionable second rounders. The second one was Tillman. TT I know your passion for the Bears is outstanding but D. Manning is what he is a small fish in a big pond.Letting him do something simple like return kicks until he can get the hang of the Cover 2 might help. Why did they get rid of Chris Harris? he had the same problem of being out of position a lot. D. Manning is a good return man but he has had to play too many different rolls on defense for his football IQ to handle. Yes I said it I think D.Manning has trouble understanding the Bears scheme.

Don't forget Forte- a CUSA school isn't very big, either.

Williams was a 3rd rounder, fwiw.

As for Manning, this is his third year. He's played in the same defense since he arrived. If he doesn't have the hang of it yet, it's not happening.

I'm not saying that IS his problem, btw. Just saying, "if" that's it.

If you want a questionable second round pick look no further than Devin Hester. Nobody drafts a PR/KR in Rd 2.

I think Graham would be fine at the nickel spot but he hasn't practiced there at all. There's no way I'd put McBride there because with his size teams would run right at him. He is pretty poor in run support.

If you want a questionable second round pick look no further than Devin Hester. Nobody drafts a PR/KR in Rd 2.

I think Graham would be fine at the nickel spot but he hasn't practiced there at all. There's no way I'd put McBride there because with his size teams would run right at him. He is pretty poor in run support.

Hester was drafted to be a CB with return abilities, and for that its well worth the second round pick, As for now? Well his abilities have shown he is more capable of making an impact at the WR, then the CB.