Tommie suspended for Sunday...

madlithuanian

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-suspende.html

Harris suspended for Sunday's game vs. Lions

By Vaughn McClure

Tommie Harris has been suspended for Sunday's game at Detroit for violating a team rule. Harris did not participate in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

Well, we have been debating here wether they should sit him due to knee problems, so that has been taken care of. Now, will someone be promoted from the PS to fill his spot this week?

Guest TerraTor
Well, we have been debating here wether they should sit him due to knee problems, so that has been taken care of. Now, will someone be promoted from the PS to fill his spot this week?

When was the last time he did anything?

When was the last time he did anything?

The big question is, why did Harris, the supposed great Christian moral leader of men, get a suspension? Anyone have any inside information on this one? I would have thought that Harris would have been one of the last players projected to be suspended.....

As far as losing anything without him playing, I agree with others that there is nothing much to lose at all....he has sucked so far this year, and we would be better with a healthy Adams or Idonije than a injured Harris. I just wonder if this is a sign of greater problems to come....isn't it funny that a DT that everyone says is the second coming of Dan Hampton suddenly is non-existent for the first two games of the year, non-active for the third game, and then suspended? Damn...I wish we would not have paid him all of that money! Hopefully there is a cap friendly way to consider our options...

I hear ya. I want to know more as well.

I think we're fine withoput him for another week. The other DT's played really well, and I'd rather him still sit if he's not 100%.

But this is a really disappointing development...

The big question is, why did Harris, the supposed great Christian moral leader of men, get a suspension? Anyone have any inside information on this one? I would have thought that Harris would have been one of the last players projected to be suspended.....

As far as losing anything without him playing, I agree with others that there is nothing much to lose at all....he has sucked so far this year, and we would be better with a healthy Adams or Idonije than a injured Harris. I just wonder if this is a sign of greater problems to come....isn't it funny that a DT that everyone says is the second coming of Dan Hampton suddenly is non-existent for the first two games of the year, non-active for the third game, and then suspended? Damn...I wish we would not have paid him all of that money! Hopefully there is a cap friendly way to consider our options...

HARRIS WAS LATE FOR A MEETING AND TREATMENT

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 6:31 p.m.

Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris will miss Sunday’s game against the Bears due to a one-game suspension.

The suspension, we’re told, arises from a failure by Harris to arrive on time for a meeting, and also a failure to show up on time for a treatment session on his injured knee.

His contract contains a roster bonus that is tied to participating in 74 percent of the defensive snaps or making the Pro Bowl. So the missed game necessarily reduces his ability to meet the trigger by 1/16th.

That said, it’s our understanding that Harris was expected to mis Sunday’s game, due to his knee injury.

from PFT...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Let me play "Internet Psychologist" for a minute.(Just for Cracker)

Calling out team mates on the heels of getting his $$$$

Professing to be a minister in the making, yet having children out of wedlock? I'm no prude and am thinking he was tapping some fine young ass, but I'm positive the bible doesn't speak highly of it.

Now he's a late for treatment and getting into it with the coach.

Also whining about Bradley leaving? I wonder if that is who had the kid?

Remember, this is the same Tommie Harris that questioned his own desire to play football a few years ago. I remember many of us debating what he may or may not do with his career after he got his big payday. I'm not judging the man, but I do see some warning signs of a man in a crossroad.

Nothing would surprise me.

We all generally know those who come off as "holier than thou" usually aren't...

Let me play "Internet Psychologist" for a minute.(Just for Cracker)

Calling out team mates on the heels of getting his $$$$

Professing to be a minister in the making, yet having children out of wedlock? I'm no prude and am thinking he was tapping some fine young ass, but I'm positive the bible doesn't speak highly of it.

Now he's a late for treatment and getting into it with the coach.

Also whining about Bradley leaving? I wonder if that is who had the kid?

Remember, this is the same Tommie Harris that questioned his own desire to play football a few years ago. I remember many of us debating what he may or may not do with his career after he got his big payday. I'm not judging the man, but I do see some warning signs of a man in a crossroad.

HARRIS WAS LATE FOR A MEETING AND TREATMENT

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2008, 6:31 p.m.

Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris will miss Sunday’s game against the Bears due to a one-game suspension.

The suspension, we’re told, arises from a failure by Harris to arrive on time for a meeting, and also a failure to show up on time for a treatment session on his injured knee.

His contract contains a roster bonus that is tied to participating in 74 percent of the defensive snaps or making the Pro Bowl. So the missed game necessarily reduces his ability to meet the trigger by 1/16th.

That said, it’s our understanding that Harris was expected to mis Sunday’s game, due to his knee injury.

from PFT...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Hmm, I hope the suspension is just about those kinds of issues. Some of the other issues about this guy, like his statement about maybe not wanting to play football etc... does make me wonder about him. Is he really reliable? I guess his big contract is getting smaller the more time he misses, so maybe if he misses alot of time his contract is not so great?

I wonder how these football players would survive in the real world? Gee, I think I might not want to work anymore.....but DAMN I have bills to pay, lol, so I guess I have to!

The book on Tommie harris coming out of OU was that he had a tendecy at times to loaf. Well Tommie, this is the NFL and I think you've seen the guys here are a couple cuts above the guys at OU so, you lazy prick, get your ass to work and earn that big paycheck you're getting. We're tired of hearing you talking the talk and not walking the walk.

I hear ya. I want to know more as well.

I think we're fine withoput him for another week. The other DT's played really well, and I'd rather him still sit if he's not 100%.

But this is a really disappointing development...

Actually, I want to know if this is another cover-up like they did with williams. HMMM he gets suspended for being late for a meeting, or maybe it's that the team doesn't want to disclose the fact that his knee may be in more serious condition than what they are leading us to believe. He hasn't been the same at any point this year than what he was last or even the year before. This may be something they are trying to do to keep the media from digging deeper. Maybe I'm just overreading it a little bit, but I think it's worse than what we think and they're looking at every way possible to keep him off the field without getting all the questions about his health.

IMHO, calling him out for being late to meetings/training, furthering the issue of his being upset about Bradley's release, and also going public w/ his being upset about his "out of wedlock child", are far worse than if his knee was simply hurting.

I agree the staff often tries to hide or cover up injuries, but to me, these recent events have made for a MUCH greater issue than if his knee was simply not 100%. So, given the teams history, I understand your thinking, but don't see it being the case here.

Actually, I want to know if this is another cover-up like they did with williams. HMMM he gets suspended for being late for a meeting, or maybe it's that the team doesn't want to disclose the fact that his knee may be in more serious condition than what they are leading us to believe. He hasn't been the same at any point this year than what he was last or even the year before. This may be something they are trying to do to keep the media from digging deeper. Maybe I'm just overreading it a little bit, but I think it's worse than what we think and they're looking at every way possible to keep him off the field without getting all the questions about his health.

Last I checked, it was the team that levied the suspention on Harris, not the fans.

I think it's completely justified to question his behavior. It was made public after all.

...I'm confused, who exactly is getting on Briggs? We can make fun of his Mario Andretti impersonation (again, a public matter), but I don't really see anyone bashing his play or commitment to the team?

Bear fans jumping to conclusions.

I get jumped on for bad mouthing Orton.

Yet, it's ok to get on guys like Harris & Briggs?

Let's hope this is a little wake-up call.

Maybe the guy is having personal issues because he's not used to, well..sucking. You never know how these studs take to that. Being hurt and not getting it done could be putting the guy in a serious funk, and maybe missing the meeting is a result of that. Who knows... I just hope he gets healthy and gets his act together and starts contributing to this team again.

The book on Tommie harris coming out of OU was that he had a tendecy at times to loaf. Well Tommie, this is the NFL and I think you've seen the guys here are a couple cuts above the guys at OU so, you lazy prick, get your ass to work and earn that big paycheck you're getting. We're tired of hearing you talking the talk and not walking the walk.