Bears @ Falcons 10-12

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Well, you two can't get mad at Lovie/Toub for not realising that the Falcons had a timeout and time to throw one medium-long pass to put Elam in FG range...which was basically one of the dumbest coaching calls we've seen this season (a 26 yard pass is WAAAY more likely than a kickoff return for 50+ yards)...because apparently you and Jason didn't realize it either. I'm pretty bitter however.

Great game though. At least they weren't a division foe.

I don't have a problem with the squib kick, but it could have been harder.

I do have a problem with the defense on that last play, however. The Falcons had a long way to go to get into FG range, and one T.O. The natural place to attack the cover 2 is right behind the DBs on the sideline, and in front of the Safeties. That's painfully obvious, and anyone who knows anything about the cover 2 will agree. It's passive, and it has holes.

Instead it would have been better to blitz two LBs, force the Falcons into a quick play, the DBs playing bump-and-run, and gang up on the tackle. The safeties playing cautiously for the lob of course, but they'd be aware that they were responsible for jarring something loose over the deep middle.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison is awful. Azumah made it clear that in a prevent defense, the CB has to be on his guy, or behind him. It's a prevent. I knew how to play that when I was freaking 7. Mike Brown took the blame, sure, because that's what a leader does, but everyone knows Harrison has to be better then that.

Dammit...

I do have my concerns...

While I REALLY like our odds, this Atlanta team is not a pushover by any means. They run the ball exceptionally well, they have a pretty good front 4 on D, and their rookie QB is playing quite effectively.

If we continue to do what we've been doing, and chiefly not taking anything for granted, we should prevail in a close one.

Agreed.

Among all the negatives, Orton really showed some serious grit. I commend him.

Well this was definitely a SHOULD have been win for us. 4-2 looks better than 3-3. The gameplan was obvious, stop Turner and let Ryan beat you. He did, but the way he did it was so cheesy that it pissed me off. He had ALL DAY to throw and most of his throws were easy because our coverage was terrible.

Atleast we have a quarterback now, that we can trust. Orton gets it, and he's going to be here for a while. Forte is good. Hester is learning. We have the core of the offense shaping up real good. The defense needs to change. The only way we win is when the offense continues to run the ball and neglects the pass, because that's all we are good at because of Dusty. We have to pick up a pass rusher, somebody that will make the offense gameplan for. We had that during Anderson's rookie year but he's reverted to a nobody so throw that out the window. Every quarterback will tear you up when they have a good receiver and have all day to throw.

Agreed 100%.

Brown is just manning up instead of pointing fingers.

Harrison is awful. Azumah made it clear that in a prevent defense, the CB has to be on his guy, or behind him. It's a prevent. I knew how to play that when I was freaking 7. Mike Brown took the blame, sure, because that's what a leader does, but everyone knows Harrison has to be better then that.

You mean Hamilton right?

Dammit, me fears came true.

I do have my concerns...

While I REALLY like our odds, this Atlanta team is not a pushover by any means. They run the ball exceptionally well, they have a pretty good front 4 on D, and their rookie QB is playing quite effectively.

If we continue to do what we've been doing, and chiefly not taking anything for granted, we should prevail in a close one.