Hey DrunkBomber

Connorbear

And I've already said I don't suffer fools very well. So there's that.

Sorry man, I can't sit back and let chumps like this ruin the next 4 to 8 years for my country and my son. I want someone in office who doesn't deliberately manufacture a war for my kid to die in. I want someone with an eye toward future technologies and who creates jobs in this country through innovation, so my son can have the opportunities I've had. And when someone comes in here and spews Sean Hannity / Rush Limbaugh talking points into threads and then has the audacity to claim "he's learned by having his eyes open" when he hasn't even taken the time to educate himself and develop an authentic opinion of his own... Yeah, I get a little nutty. These people have very nearly destroyed our country and they don't deserve my respect. They're a nation of DITTOHEADS parroting the party line. They're sheep being led by corporate interests bought and paid for by lobbyists. There isn't anyone in this country making less than $200,000 who if they voted their own best interest should vote for McCain. That means Obama would win by 90% at the polls. But they've been fooled for years! What actually got better under Bush? Point proven.

On the other hand, I've been quoting endorsements from respected Republicans. I've noted many times that I have a real respect for fiscal conservatives. But that isn't today's Republican Party! I've been posting links to Obama's actual agenda so people can make an educated decision, not crap from some spin site like Junior here has with BarkingMadCowSomething.com. I mean, compared to them, DrudgeReport is the New York FRICKEN Times!

You have a kid? Jesus Christ...

Sorry man, I can't sit back and let chumps like this ruin the next 4 to 8 years for my country and my son. I want someone in office who doesn't deliberately manufacture a war for my kid to die in.

Pity you see it as manufacturing a war rather than helping the people in Iraq break free from Saddam's rule and all he stood for, to quell the Kurds he uses weapons of mass destruction , our intelligence suggested he would use them against our interests, in 1990, he invades the country of Kuwait.

From the Persina Gulf War's end to 2002, Saddam Hussein continues to violate the agreements of the wars end.

I have been in the military and as far as I know it is only if you volunteer to enlist that you can die, I raised my right hand and swore the oath that everyone must knowing that I am prepared to die for my country.

I've been to the Middle East and let me tell you Crackerbarrel that these people do not share the same beliefs as the West and the hatred breeds out there to kill us for not living the way they do.

Terrorism exists, the more countries we get on our side the safer the world will be, going into Iraq was the right thing to do and the more influence "and friends" we have in that part of the world the better. Too bad it has to be done this way but with idiots out there like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Syria, the Taliban, etc...better to take the fight to them rather than letting them do what they did to us on 9/11, which happened on Clinton's watch by the way, he was in office when those terrorists were allowed to come into our country and overstay their visa!

Sorry man, I can't sit back and let chumps like this ruin the next 4 to 8 years for my country and my son. I want someone in office who doesn't deliberately manufacture a war for my kid to die in.

Pity you see it as manufacturing a war rather than helping the people in Iraq break free from Saddam's rule and all he stood for, to quell the Kurds he uses weapons of mass destruction , our intelligence suggested he would use them against our interests, in 1990, he invades the country of Kuwait.

From the Persina Gulf War's end to 2002, Saddam Hussein continues to violate the agreements of the wars end.

I have been in the military and as far as I know it is only if you volunteer to enlist that you can die, I raised my right hand and swore the oath that everyone must knowing that I am prepared to die for my country.

I've been to the Middle East and let me tell you Crackerbarrel that these people do not share the same beliefs as the West and the hatred breeds out there to kill us for not living the way they do.

Terrorism exists, the more countries we get on our side the safer the world will be, going into Iraq was the right thing to do and the more influence "and friends" we have in that part of the world the better. Too bad it has to be done this way but with idiots out there like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Syria, the Taliban, etc...better to take the fight to them rather than letting them do what they did to us on 9/11, which happened on Clinton's watch by the way, he was in office when those terrorists were allowed to come into our country and overstay their visa!

Im sure youve read some of his posts, he isnt a reasonable person so he doesnt understand logic like this.

ostrogoth,

First let me start off by thanking you for your service. Young men such as yourself have given their all for this country.

I have known many young men who have served in both gulf conflicts...and some share your opinons, many others do not.

I'll just leave it as I disagree with your assessment of Iraq, but in agreement that thankfully we live in a country that we can disagree freely.

I've got a number of friends who were in Iraq as well. One who is voting for McCain who point blank told me he was disappointed in the Republican's support for veterans but he couldn't bring himself to vote for a Democrat. We agreed to disagree. He's a patriot and volunteered. He served through various forms of enlistment over time and when it came time for him to retire to the private sector, before this whole stop loss thing started, he was denied his legal rights to come home. He literally had to sue his way out. But, he's still with the Republicans so you've got that going for your side. He's a great guy.

I have another friend in Texas who's been back to Iraq so many times I've lost count. His comment to me that will live on forever... We're lighting up so many friendly's here we'll never win their hearts and minds. Now, I admit, this was before the "surge" so things could've changed. I haven't spoken with him in a while.

I've seen polling and other evidence that suggests the boots on the ground are looking forward to an Obama Presidency.

I disagree with you, based on the things I mention above and lots of other things that we're manufacturing friends over there. And I know most Republicans like to blame Clinton for pretty much everything so I understand your comment about him. I know ACORN, Clinton and Carter created the current financial crisis. Those are things Fox News tells us every day. All BS if you ask me. 9/11 wouldn't have happened if W. hadn't taken a month and an half long vacation while his national security team was running around with their "hair on fire". But I refuse to re-argue the Kerry election talking points. Your team has had 8 years and the evidence is in.

You're right, it's a dangerous world. That's why I want the smartest guy running things. We tried it the other way and... well...

I've got a number of friends who were in Iraq as well. One who is voting for McCain who point blank told me he was disappointed in the Republican's support for veterans but he couldn't bring himself to vote for a Democrat. We agreed to disagree. He's a patriot and volunteered. He served through various forms of enlistment over time and when it came time for him to retire to the private sector, before this whole stop loss thing started, he was denied his legal rights to come home. He literally had to sue his way out. But, he's still with the Republicans so you've got that going for your side. He's a great guy.

I have another friend in Texas who's been back to Iraq so many times I've lost count. His comment to me that will live on forever... We're lighting up so many friendly's here we'll never win their hearts and minds. Now, I admit, this was before the "surge" so things could've changed. I haven't spoken with him in a while.

I've seen polling and other evidence that suggests the boots on the ground are looking forward to an Obama Presidency.

I disagree with you, based on the things I mention above and lots of other things that we're manufacturing friends over there. And I know most Republicans like to blame Clinton for pretty much everything so I understand your comment about him. I know ACORN, Clinton and Carter created the current financial crisis. Those are things Fox News tells us every day. All BS if you ask me. 9/11 wouldn't have happened if W. hadn't taken a month and an half long vacation while his national security team was running around with their "hair on fire". But I refuse to re-argue the Kerry election talking points. Your team has had 8 years and the evidence is in.

You're right, it's a dangerous world. That's why I want the smartest guy running things. We tried it the other way and... well...

Stop-Loss is a 2008 American drama film directed by Kimberly Peirce, director of Boys Don't Cry, and starring Ryan Phillippe, Channing Tatum, Abbie Cornish, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was distributed by Paramount Pictures and produced by MTV Films.

I knew it you free loader

Definately disagree with your assessment of Iraq and 9/11 but I do appreciate your sacrifice for our country. Thank you for your service.

Peace :dabears