To Bears88

CubbiesFan07

He doesn't respond to anyone. He keeps saying how the field position was bad for Rex. Hello idiot, had he freaking made some plays, we could have flipped field position.

And don't even say the defense kept letting Tennessee get to the 45 or whatever yard line and punt, because there's a reason for that- the offense couldn't keep our defense off the field. I swear, it seemed like we had like 4 straight 3 and outs.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow....delhomme?????

I thought you were just a Rex homer but now it is obvious you have been off your meds this season.

With Orton under center our Offense looks like an actual offense....Even Mike Brown said this season its not the O that looks bad....

(Mike Brown from the lockeroom:) ....slurp slurp slurp....

I hope you change your mind after watching this awful performance from Rex Grossman. Don't even say "It was the O-Line's fault. Field position. Good Defense. Drops"

It was none of the above. It is the above, if the ball actually is within reach of the WR.

I hope you get banned from these forums if you post one more pro-Grossman topic.

/Rantover

You know, what is the point to this thread? I am the last person to want to stand up for Bears88, but really let it go. If you don't like reading his posts, simply do not going forward.

Everyone needs to grow up.

Peace :dabears

Ill tell ya what Orton would have different, First off he would checked off the line a lot more to the run, Secondly he would hit D Clark and Olsen a lot more. 3rd he would have not forced balls into double coverage.

This is the Difference between a QB like Rex and someone who can command an offense. Our bad field position in large part was due to Rex not moving the ball. Most of the time he threw behind Davis more then in fornt. His accuarcy blowed.

And he hits Hester on that bomb. and he hits Davis on that side line play. and he doesnt throw countless jump balls in to double coverage. the list goes on

And he hits Hester on that bomb. and he hits Davis on that side line play. and he doesnt throw countless jump balls in to double coverage. the list goes on

I don't think he hits Hester on the bomb but he does hit Davis on the crossing pattern and sideline pass. Plus, he doesn't throw into double coverage and get the int.

Guest TerraTor
I don't think he hits Hester on the bomb but he does hit Davis on the crossing pattern and sideline pass. Plus, he doesn't throw into double coverage and get the int.

88 arguements are like reasoning with a 3 year old girl on why she shouldnt wear makeup. Jake fuggin Delhomme? haha, wow. Orton has lead this team to 1st place in the division. and we were the #1 scoring team in the league at one point. Rex Grossman is friggin terrible and proved it yet again.

How about you STFU you pathetic Cubs fan.

And who are you to tell me what to do?

You all dish it out on Rex. You get it right back for slurping all over Orton like he's god.

I just was hoping you could replace the smiley face on your signature with a picture of rex. You could call it your rex hancock.

What the hell has Orton done so damn good?

Besides the game in Detroit he's been mediocre. Wait, he's a stud..........my bad.

Turned the ball over 4 times vs Philly. Obviously not his fault of course.

Gotta defend 88 a tad bit here.

Here is a post calling him out. Sure, he can handle it different, but at the same time, I think often the opposite side of his BS arguments are just as bad. I mean, many here have been for or against a player, but how often is there a thread calling us out by name? Maybe 88 deserves it, but come on. Lets not pretend he started this thread here. IMHO, the cubbie fan is just as at fault.

Bad enough his hero went down in flames, but to have to come on the board and be called out?

Gotta defend 88 a tad bit here.

Here is a post calling him out. Sure, he can handle it different, but at the same time, I think often the opposite side of his BS arguments are just as bad. I mean, many here have been for or against a player, but how often is there a thread calling us out by name? Maybe 88 deserves it, but come on. Lets not pretend he started this thread here. IMHO, the cubbie fan is just as at fault.

Bad enough his hero went down in flames, but to have to come on the board and be called out?

I don't need to know Rex sucks. I just defend the guy because of all the crap he takes.

Rex will probably be elsewhere in 09. It'd be good for him to get the hell out of Chicago.

Lets be clear here, Rex isn't my hero. I just like the guy.

This Orton vs Rex argument has gotten old. This team has bigger issues right now.

You know like stopping the pass?

I don't need to know Rex sucks. I just defend the guy because of all the crap he takes.

Rex will probably be elsewhere in 09. It'd be good for him to get hell out of Chicago.

Lets be clear here, Rex isn't my hero. I just like the guy.

This Orton vs Rex argument has gotten old. This team has bigger issues right now.

You know like stopping the pass?

This is getting rediculous. Kyle was injured. He could not have made any of these throws because there was zero chance of him playing. I understand arguing Kyle VS. Rex but can we at least stick to reality and not hypotheticals?

Rex is our BACK UP. He played like someone today who practiced for one week. He made some plays. He put up 14 points. He played against an excellent defense. A top 3 team. An undefeated team. He could have played better. We have seen him play worse. He had one turnover. He didnt win us the game, but PLEASE, he did not lose it either.

Though I know you all (majority)just want to rip Rex and say "I told you so", but this was not a competition for the starting job. It was our back up starting a game for our injured #1. If he was capable of consistently playing better, Rex would still be our #1. That is not the case. He was ok for a back up.

Not every QB completes every throw, regardless if receivers are open or not. Every QB in the NFL makes bad throws. Every QB throws picks. QB's overthow the deep ball and dont always lead receivers perfectly. An excellent completion percentage in the NFL is 60% not 90%

NFL receivers make incredible catches. None were made today.

Today our back up QB gave us 14 points. In all honesty, it should have been enough. NFL teams have won scoring less.

As for the reason we lost:

Our defense was the worst I have seen in years in terms of pass defense. Our defense of 3 years ago (more or less the same unit) shuts this team out. "Carrie" Collins throws for 300 yards? His first 200 yard game in 3 years?

Are you kidding me?

Brian Urlacher is invisible. He does not finish tackles anymore. He doesnt fight anymore. On blitzes he hits the line and gives up. Ray Lewis would never play like that. He is just soft. For some reason, he is given a (more or less) free pass.

Our defensive line is THE WORST in football. It is as if they stop half way through the play. Have you ever seen LESS pressure on the oppsoong QB?

Note to Babich: Corners can blitz too. It doesnt always have to come up the middle.

Note to Turner: Rex's strengths are play action and hitting deep seem routes or go patterns. He cant throw outs to the flat. Why wouldnt you try to play to his strenghts? Hit or miss with Rex, you may as well try it (a la raiders game last year)

Last note: To Lovie: Having your players calling the time out after second down (before the 2 minute warning) invited the play action pass. If you wait until the play AFTER the 2 minute drill, no way do they pass the ball. Just a minor note on strategy here.

This game should have been a 14-6 win. Look closely. The pass defense is the biggest culprit for this loss.

This is getting rediculous. Kyle was injured. He could not have made any of these throws because there was zero chance of him playing. I understand arguing Kyle VS. Rex but can we at least stick to reality and not hypotheticals?

Rex is our BACK UP. He played like someone today who practiced for one week. He made some plays. He put up 14 points. He played against an excellent defense. A top 3 team. An undefeated team. He could have played better. We have seen him play worse. He had one turnover. He didnt win us the game, but PLEASE, he did not lose it either.

Though I know you all (majority)just want to rip Rex and say "I told you so", but this was not a competition for the starting job. It was our back up starting a game for our injured #1. If he was capable of consistently playing better, Rex would still be our #1. That is not the case. He was ok for a back up.

Not every QB completes every throw, regardless if receivers are open or not. Every QB in the NFL makes bad throws. Every QB throws picks. QB's overthow the deep ball and dont always lead receivers perfectly. An excellent completion percentage in the NFL is 60% not 90%

Today our back up QB gave us 14 points. In all honesty, it should have been enough. NFL teams have won scoring less.

Our defense was the worst I have seen in years in terms of pass defense. Our defense of 3 years ago (more or less the same unit) shuts this team out. "Carrie" Collins throws for 300 yards? His first 200 yard game in 3 years?

Are you kidding me?

Brian Urlacher is invisible. He does not finish tackles anymore. He doesnt fight anymore. On blitzes he hits the line and gives up. Ray Lewis would never play like that. He is just soft. For some reason, he is given a (more or less) free pass.

Our defensive line is THE WORST in football. It is as if they stop half way through the play. Have you ever seen LESS pressure on the oppsoong QB?

Note to Babich: Corners can blitz too. It doesnt always have to come up the middle.

Note to Turner: Rex's strengths are play action and hitting deep seem routes or go patterns. He cant throw outs to the flat. Why wouldnt you try to play to his strenghts? Hit or miss with Rex, you may as well try it (a la raiders game last year)

Last note: To Lovie: Having your players calling the time out after second down (before the 2 minute warning) invited the play action pass. If you wait until the play AFTER the 2 minute drill, no way do they pass the ball. Just a minor note on strategy here.

This game should have been a 14-6 win. Look closely. The pass defense is the biggest culprit for this loss.

Post of the week

Seen Orton make those throws and if not there he would have checked down. Seen it to many times to call it hypothetical.

I beg to differ hugely here. I honestly feel that if Orton would have started today the score woulda been at least 28 to 21 Bears win. Iam not dreaming here at all. If you look at all the game books from bears games this year it will prove my point.

I can not argue with that at all

I have never gone by Completion percentage since the QB Rating has come out. this year Orton has had like 90 average in QB rating, Rex was not even close with that. It includes efficiency with the ball, Rex never had that.

That is because they were not even close to being complete in the first place. Its not like they run the wrong route, He just missed em. Period.

This team with Orton has averaged 24 points game for the season, That tells me we woulda won if our normal O was there.

I can not argue with that, But with Orton I truely feel we woulda out scored them.

Are you kidding me?

Nope sure am not.

I been saying this from the start of the season. However he did show up today.

Not from this team, Another thing i been saying all year.

Agreed

Rex had his strength today layed out for him. He looked nothing like Orton running that offense today. How many times did you count he checked outa those calls? I am watching on TIVO to count em.

Sorry, You dont think the way Orton played this year so far he would have checked the line up and called a play that suited them? Rex does not have that in him. He checks out but usually wrong.

This game should have been 27 -21

You know, what is the point to this thread? I am the last person to want to stand up for Bears88, but really let it go. If you don't like reading his posts, simply do not going forward.

Everyone needs to grow up.

The reason it was posted is because every single thread I look through on these forums, that even mentions the word Orton, all I see is a post that slams the guy down. I am tired of seeing it, I know others are tired of seeing it, why this guy hasn't gotten asked to please stop slamming YOUR OWN TEAM is beyond me.

Do I like it when the Bulls are playing Gordon over Hughes? No. Do I post constantly on the Bulls forums when someone mentions Gordon? No. They're both on my team, why on earth would I slam one that's performing better than the other? I just don't understand? If the team is winning, let it be.

Are you kidding me?

That's all fine and good, but Rex was still missing ridiculously wide open receivers all game. They weren't even close.

Rex's strength is the PA deep ball, so when they tried that and Hester had a step or two, Rex overthrew him by a lot. Rex just doesn't seem to have many strengths any more.

What the hell has Orton done so damn good?

Besides the game in Detroit he's been mediocre. Wait, he's a stud..........my bad.

Turned the ball over 4 times vs Philly. Obviously not his fault of course.

Wait, aren't you the one who said it doesn't matter how many times the QB turns the ball over as long as the team wins?

Are you kidding me?

Were you at the game yesterday? I sat next to 2 guys from Canada...

Grizz,

You are missing the point of my post.

Orton couldnt have played because he was injured. To say Kyle would have done anything yesterday is irrelevant because he couldnt and didnt play. Kyle was not benched in favor of Rex. My post was not intended to be read as a "tete a tete" of Kyle Vs. Rex. For all we know, if Kyle played yesterday, he could of had the worst game of his career (Ala Delhomme yesterday). No one can say.

My point was that Rex is our BACK UP QB. He is not as good as our starter so expectations cannot be held as high. Rex played like a back up, who only gets the minority of snaps in practice. He had some good throws. His turn overs were held to a minimum. Yes he overthew some balls, and was inconsistent, but that usually is what a back up can give you. Yet he still gave us 14 points against a top 3 defensive team.

Considering how terrible the Titans offense looked, if our defense actually played well and got a pass rush, I think 14 points would have been enough.

It is asinine to speculate that Kyle would have gotten more or done differently because that is impossible to predict. He is injured.

Just a comment about the following:

To Lovie: Having your players calling the time out after second down (before the 2 minute warning) invited the play action pass. If you wait until the play AFTER the 2 minute drill, no way do they pass the ball. Just a minor note on strategy here.

Sorry, You dont think the way Orton played this year so far he would have checked the line up and called a play that suited them? Rex does not have that in him. He checks out but usually wrong.

Last note: This had to do with the last 2 minutes of the game. It had nothing to do with Rex or Kyle, just how Lovie managed the clock, the teams timeouts and really gave the Titans the choice of throwing (which resulted in the Bears not getting the ball back) or running.

It is asinine to speculate that Kyle would have gotten more or done differently because that is impossible to predict. He is injured.

Come on. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't prevent anyone from saying what could have been. Just as many talk about how, in previous years, our D may have looked w/ this guy or that guy healthy. If Brown was healthy, does he give up the deep bomb in the SB the way DM did? This is typical talk. We know Orton is injured, but that doesn't mean we can speculate how he might have fared.

I do understand your overall point though. You can not always put the same expectations on a backup as you do a starter. At the same time, I would make the following points. A. Rex is not a typical backup. He was our starter for the last however many years, and was in a close battle for the job this camp. So I think one can place a higher level of expectations on him than w/ many other backups. B. We were facing a backup QB who looked pretty good.