...pardon me while I vent

madlithuanian

I know he will be with the team at least another year. I just know that's how the club works. But, I won't be happy about it. Not that it matters. I'll still watch and cheer 'em on...but I know what we are dealing with now. And I won't be conned again.

I have no issues with that.

Peace :dabears

All i heard was Orton doesn't get sacked barely. Well, he's gotten sacked 15 times in 8 games this year.

But, the Orton lovers continue to make excuses when he plays bad.

You give him big money, you'll be regretting it.

Look at Derek Anderson, he got big money after a career year and is now on the bench.

Rinse, repeat.

All i heard was Orton doesn't get sacked barely. Well, he's gotten sacked 15 times in 8 games this year.

Look at Derek Anderson, he got big money after a career year and is now on the bench.

Okay, number 1, if you get sacked a lot, that doesn't mean you played bad. Sure, it could mean you hold onto the ball for too long, but don't forget- the OL has an affect on it as well.

Plus, that's less then 2 a game, so that's not even a good argument. I'd take less then 2 sacks given up per game the rest of the year, and so would everyone else on here. So...what's your point?

shit, well sacks suck...

but sacks where a QB runs 20 yards backwards before going down is even worse....

remember the play in the last game where he was out of the pocket, 10-15 yards behind the line, ran up maybe 7 yards and took a sack....I sat there and thought why the hell wouldn't you throw that ball away???

And here we all thought back-pedalling was only allowed by the coaching staff!

shit, well sacks suck...

but sacks where a QB runs 20 yards backwards before going down is even worse....

remember the play in the last game where he was out of the pocket, 10-15 yards behind the line, ran up maybe 7 yards and took a sack....I sat there and thought why the hell wouldn't you throw that ball away???

That's because he is playing like absolute sh*t. You play like sh*t you deserve to be benched no matter who you are.

I think that was his point....

anyway, Orton is different in the way that he seems to progress every week. He learns and seems to be watching a lot of game film to help him along.

Derek Anderson just seemed to have a great year which was due a lot to the people around him. Orton has crap around him other than Forte, Olsen (except for fumble game) and one good game Brandon Lloyd.

I would also like to point out that many questioned Anderson due to a dropoff in the 2nd half last year.

1st 8 games

148-257-2108 yards. 19tds - 9 ints (that includes 2 rushing scores) 57.5 Comp %. 8.2 ypa.

2nd 8 games.

150-270-1679 yards. 13 tds - 10 picks (includes 1 rushing score) 55% comp. 6.2 ypa.

So Anderson's numbers really went down in the 2nd half of the season, and his final 4 games were even worse, and those were against lesser defenses. So Anderson, and Cle as a whole, really took the league by storm, but Anderson's fade began last year, and many questioned whether he was going to be great long term. Frankly, I think even Cle held reservations, thus why they never traded Quinn.