Good and Bad of GB/NO game

nfoligno

The good - GB getting their arces handed to them.

The bad - How much more pathetic does last weeks debacle look when GB looks so damn bad tonight?

The good - One less team tied w/ us for 1st place.

The bad - We have to play NO in a couple weeks, and watching them own what was considered an elite pass defense worried me what they can do to ours.

Okay, thats enough. To hell w/ it. Its the packers and they are getting their asses handed to them on Monday night football. If this were a Sunday game, the netword would change games and tell everyone they were switching to a game that was still competitive.

well, we have kind of born a rivalry with New Orleans since the NFC Championsip Game in 2006, and we have played each other tough over the past two years. So, I'm not gonna write this game off so soon. In all, it'll depend on which Bears team shows up. The one we saw vs. the Eagles and Colts, or the one we saw against the Packers, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Panthers.

We always seem to play better in prime time for what it's worth, except last year on Thursday vs. the Redskins, but at that time, the team was a mess.

The Saints run defense is awful, and when it's 25 degrees next Thursday with (hopefully) some snow, it'll be hard to throw from the Saints perspective. I have no idea why the Packers stopped running as there WAS tons of time left. I think we'll beat the Saints, something like 27-17.

The Saints are a great dome team. They do not like the cold. The game will be close. We need to avoid the major mistakes to win.

Peace :dabears

The Saints run defense is awful, and when it's 25 degrees next Thursday with (hopefully) some snow, it'll be hard to throw from the Saints perspective. I have no idea why the Packers stopped running as there WAS tons of time left. I think we'll beat the Saints, something like 27-17.

I agree that the NO offense won't be quite so dynamic in a cold and probably slippery Soldier Field when compared to the 70 degree comfort and perfect traction of their home dome.

My minor quibble with your statement is that we play them 2 weeks from Thursday on December 11th which increases the odds of it being pretty cold.

while the Bear defense is substandard, ONE thing their soft zone approach will help prevent are the big plays that bludgeoned the Packers last night. Poor weather or not, it's too much to ask the Bear pass defense to "stop" Brees and co - but they can at least improve their chances of a tipped pass, an INT, a fumble due to the elements, etc.

The key in that game, as it will be on Sunday, is the Bears' offense. They need to run the ball and Orton has to be his pre-injury self. If this happens, the Bears have a shot. If not, they probably don't.

Brees is not nearly as good on the road...

Until he faces our great pass defense. Brees can certainly light us up.

Yeah, he hasn't been lights out on the road. But, he has thrown for 311 yards per road game.

Until he faces our great pass defense. Brees can certainly light us up.

Yeah, he hasn't been lights out on the road. But, he has thrown for 311 yards per road game.

This was the same pass D which you b****ed about and said McNabb was going to light us up. Instead, they only scored 20 points.

Ha! True enough!

I think everyone just recalls the falling snow when the Anaheim Rams came into Soldier in '85...

You must be losing your short term memory. ;) Everyone should remember the snow falling in the NFC championship game 2 yrs ago against the mighty Aints!!!!

Peace :dabears