Somebody agrue this

GrizzlyBear

Well for the first Time I ever seen it, Forte Da Man Is leading all Rookies in Rushing and is 3rd in recieving. If the kid does not get Rookie of the year award people are stupid.

Link to show

Matt Ryan maybe even Joe Flacco will be OROY while Matt Forte is having an amazing rookie season its alot easier to do so at the RB position than it is at the QB position and both of those QB's are have really good seasons.

Atrain got the ROY and it didn't help him out much. It's not like Forte needs to hammer a point home to the coaches that he's good, since Lovie and co. already adore him.

So from the selfish perspective of a fan, the ROY will just raise his price in two or three years when we try to re-up him, while in the meanwhile serving as motivation to opposing defenses to pay extra attention to him. In other words, I don't care whether he wins it or not.

Atrain got the ROY and it didn't help him out much. It's not like Forte needs to hammer a point home to the coaches that he's good, since Lovie and co. already adore him.

So from the selfish perspective of a fan, the ROY will just raise his price in two or three years when we try to re-up him, while in the meanwhile serving as motivation to opposing defenses to pay extra attention to him. In other words, I don't care whether he wins it or not.

Agreed. This is just another award. I would much rather have wins.

Peace :dabears

Yes you could but he is not "leading" his team to win but just helping out.

Just helping out? Thats gotta be the biggest understatement of the year, Forte leads the Bears in most offensive categories, and he has been the workhorse. If not for Matt Ryan he would be the ROPOY(and no, I dont think Joe Flacco is close to Ryan or Forte in regards to Offensive Rookie POY)

Just helping out? Thats gotta be the biggest understatement of the year, Forte leads the Bears in most offensive categories, and he has been the workhorse. If not for Matt Ryan he would be the ROPOY(and no, I dont think Joe Flacco is close to Ryan or Forte in regards to Offensive Rookie POY)

Ryan is pretty much a given for OROY. He's come in and played great for a team, and Leaugue, that needed soemone to draw the potlight off of the morally bankrupt Michael Vick. But, there is no dobt that Forte is a beast for us this year and is the most productive skill player on O that we have. I'd say that he comes in second or third for OROY.

I think it depends on how the two players, Ryan & Forte, finish up the year.

If Forte finishes up the year strong, say he averages 100 yards a game over the remaining 6 games, and Ryan chokes a bit and Atlanta falls then Forte takes OROY.

However, if Ryan continues to have excellent stats and success over the remaining 6 games it will be hard to see Forte winning the award as the league puts so much emphasis on the play of the QB, especially a Rookie.

All I am saying is that Forte is doing more than merely helping out. Ryan is certainly impressive, Flacco is a nice player but the defense he has behind him changes the game immensely.

Forte is having a great yr. He could have an additional 5 TDs if you consider the 2 by McKie and 3 by the Qbs. The award, however, is not important. Winning and keeping him healthy is. The awards and recognition will come later.

Forte is having a great yr. He could have an additional 5 TDs if you consider the 2 by McKie and 3 by the Qbs. The award, however, is not important. Winning and keeping him healthy is. The awards and recognition will come later.

I couldn't agree more. Football is all about the success of the team and awards are secondary. Yes I'd like to see Forte win the ROY but if he doesn't

and the BEARS win the division. I'll be a lot happier than having it the other way around.

The ROY is Ryan or Flacco's to lose.