Jaguars @ Bears 12-7-08

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears 17 - Jags 24

It is a game we should win, but coaching staff will not have the team ready to do so...

Orton 16-27, 164 yards, 1 TD

Forte 24 rushes, 131 yards, 1 TD, 4 catches, 33 yards

Davis- 4 catches, 45 yards

Olsen- 4 catches, 47 yards, 1 TD

Defense- 5 sacks, 3 INT, 1 TD

Gould- 1/2 on FG

Bears 24-9

Hey, I hope your'e right.

And what's our pass offense? It's 21st. Not all that...

We're only 14th rushing... Better, but only run of the mill.

It's actually a pretty close match-up on paper.

I think it'll come down to heart...and I don't see our Bears with much heart right now. I hope I'm wrong...

The Jags are 13th against the pass (but Rasheen Mathis, their best CB, is now out) and 20th against the run. They are a heavily penalized and sacked team.

You guys are nuts if you think the Bears won't score, or won't score 20+ points.

I think it'll come down to heart...and I don't see our Bears with much heart right now. I hope I'm wrong...

If it comes down to heart, then how can you pick the Jags? Talk about a team that has absolutely collapsed - wow.

The Bears have something to play for. They Jags do not.

Bears 24 - Jags 10.

Peace :dabears

In the same token, how can you pick the Bears? We've come close to collapsing ourselves.

We had something to play for agasint GB and MIN, and that didn't seem to matter.

Basically, until they prove otherswise, I don't think we can beat a mediocre team in this league right now. We've proven we can beat awful ones like Dertoit and St. Louis (with Min at home a game we should have lost and Indy and Philly when they were hurting badly). But when a team similar to us, plays us, I don't think it'll be a cake-walk.

Both teams should have some pride...

We'll see on Sunday who has more. I heart hopes it's the Bears, but logic is telling me different...

If it comes down to heart, then how can you pick the Jags? Talk about a team that has absolutely collapsed - wow.

The Bears have something to play for. They Jags do not.

Bears 24 - Jags 10.

Peace :dabears

Right, but right now, the Jaguars aren't much better then St. Louis, and we absolutely dominated the Rams. We were able to stop their RB and knock the hell out of their QB (literally, Bulger left with a head injury and Green threw 4 INT's).

Last year, the Jaguars ended 15th against the pass and 11th against the run. So this year, they're 2 spots better against the pass (but that was with their best CB, they won't have him Sunday or the remaining part of the year), but 9 spots worse against the run.

Also, last year, they were the 2nd ranked rushing offense and the 17th ranked passing offense. While they've maintained the 17th spot passing the ball this season, they're 17th in rushing this year. That's sinking 15 spots.

To put more emphasis on how terrible their OL is this year, last year David Garrard was sacked 21 times. In 4 less games so far this year, he's already been sacked 33 times.

It's sad when Fred Taylor, a guy who's been around for a decade+a year, says that this is the worst team he's ever played on.

Like I said in another thread, I'd be shocked if Jacksonville scores double digits.

In the same token, how can you pick the Bears? We've come close to collapsing ourselves.

We had something to play for agasint GB and MIN, and that didn't seem to matter.

Basically, until they prove otherswise, I don't think we can beat a mediocre team in this league right now. We've proven we can beat awful ones like Dertoit and St. Louis (with Min at home a game we should have lost and Indy and Philly when they were hurting badly). But when a team similar to us, plays us, I don't think it'll be a cake-walk.

Both teams should have some pride...

We'll see on Sunday who has more. I heart hopes it's the Bears, but logic is telling me different...

#1 bolded point- Jacksonville is awful.

#2 bolded point- They are not similar to us. They are significantly worse then us.

I can't say you're wrong at all...

I think Jax is a tad batter than their record, and let's not forget 3 of their 4 wins have come on the road. The seem to play better away where the pressure's less.

I guess my glass is just half empty thanks to the team's heartless performances recently...

The lustre has worn off for any real hope for this season.

We could still eek into the playoffs only to be bounced out like a 16 year old at a bar...

I'll just sit back and watch it unfold and hope for the best. At least Forte has given me reason to watch. I truly enjoy watching him play.

...don't take the bait.

But, actually, we were losing that game until Rex came in. I credit Forte far more than Rex...but that's the mold you would ever want Rex (and I dislike him big time). JUst coming off the bench...never the starter.

That was why we almost lost to Detroit, wasn't it? Okay then.