2009 FA class.......

Pixote

I don't see Boldin as an option. They finally won their division after how many years? I know there is the emergence of Breaston, but Boldin has had alot with them getting there. I just don't see them letting him go.

The best WR on the block this year will probably be Ocho Cinco, with TJ Who's ya momma being the best in free agency. Johnson/Cino's less then stellar year, I think, just shows that they are both done with each other. It's good for whoever goes for him this offseason, as it should drop the price in trade. He's still only 30, and while I think TJ is the better receiver at this point in their careers, I think he should still be an option worth looking at.

Maybe, maybe not. Columbo was a bit of a unique situation. He was Angelo's first 1st round pick, and I don't recall Angelo ever having a bad thing to say about him. Eventually, the belief was he simply would not be able to play football. Not just stay healthy, but I think there was a question whether he would be able to play football anymore. I also don't recall Columbo ever saying a bad thing about the bears.

The point is moot, but I just wanted to throw out there that Columbo was a bit of a different situation. Also, if Angelo was willing to bring back Booker, anything is possible.

I just think Jerry's pride would be to high to admit he made a mistake by cutting him. Sure he had his injury problems, but when you cut him and kept garbage like Quisim Mitchell on the team, you made one hell of a mistake.

Here are some FA's the Bears should have on there radar:

Nnamdi Asomugha CB Oak UFA - One of the best cover corners in the league

---->CB isn't a huge need for the Bears, but this can allow them to explore moving Tillman to FS

Dawan Landry S Bal RFA - Young athletic safety, brother plays for Was. Laron Landry.

----->Showed big playmaking ability in limited time, could be FS the Bears have been searching for.

Julius Peppers DE Car UFA - Has had 4 double digit sack totals in 6 seasons, still tearing up the league.

----->Ogunuleye's production hasn't been quite what they expected since trading for him, dump his salary and make a big bid for the best DE in the NFC.

TJ Houshmanzadeh WR Cin UFA - A #1 option who has proven himself in the past. This year his numbers are down without Carson Palmer and with Chad Johnson not getting it done.

I also think they should resign Mike Brown. He's proved so far that he can stay healthy and maybe with one year of staying healthy, he can take another step forward in regaining his ability. He is still my favorite Bear to watch on defense as he punishes defenders and once in a while gets the big turnover.

Draft:

Go in looking for: G, DE, WR, RT, FS, QB. Draft the best one available no matter what your greater need is. I hate to see us reach for Duke if we are at 12 and Crabtree was available. That won't happen, but my point is don't reach too far for a position with a higher need.

Here are some FA's the Bears should have on there radar:

Nnamdi Asomugha CB Oak UFA - One of the best cover corners in the league

---->CB isn't a huge need for the Bears, but this can allow them to explore moving Tillman to FS

i have to say i have never watched this guy play but it seems he is the real deal in a top corner according to everything i have read.

he has great size at 6'2 and could cover any big receivers in the game. he has good speed and from what i have read EXCELLENT footwork and technique. a true cover corner.

we passed on woodson 3 years ago to our regret. this guy at age 27 seems like he would be a top free agent for us for years and if our staff has ANY brains they would do as you stated and what i stated years ago in moving peanut to free safety. this would immediately improve TWO critical positions in our defense.

i am so impressed with what i have read that if the trade deadline isn't over i'd offer the raiders a 6th and 7th round pick to keep him out of free agency. if he hits the market i would make an all out effort to grab this guy up and then go after the best receiver we can find. we certainly have the money in our coffers with an extra $10 mil rollover.

great job finding this guy ASHKUM!!

The Bears, arguably, have the worst overall group of wide receivers the league has seen in MANY years. They don't have a #1 receiver OR a #2 receiver. At best, Devin Hester appears to be a #3 receiver. Davis and Booker should be released and Bennett is a mystery - is it a matter of poor coaching from Drake OR is he another Dan Bazuin or Michael Okwo, a relatively high pick who had no business being taken where he was?

In 2005, Jerry Angelo TRIED to be aggressive with the WR position - he signed Moose and drafted Bradley. IMHO, if the Bears are serious about being contenders, they need to do the same in 2009...only THIS time, do it better. If TJ doesn't have the transition or franchise tag on him, IMHO, the Bears have almost no choice but to make a major play for him. He's roughly, I believe, the same age as Moose was when the Bears signed him and, arguably, is as good if not better as a receiver than Moose has been (save for his magical season prior to the Bears landing him). The Bears then need to take a receiver in the first or second round. Failure to take these steps should be met with EXTREME prejudice by all discerning Bear fans.

Boldin? The Bears can't afford to give up a #1 and a #3 - they have too many OTHER needs - defensive end and possible nose tackle, free safety, cornerback, offensive line.

SOLD! :dabears

i have to say i have never watched this guy play but it seems he is the real deal in a top corner according to everything i have read.

he has great size at 6'2 and could cover any big receivers in the game. he has good speed and from what i have read EXCELLENT footwork and technique. a true cover corner.

we passed on woodson 3 years ago to our regret. this guy at age 27 seems like he would be a top free agent for us for years and if our staff has ANY brains they would do as you stated and what i stated years ago in moving peanut to free safety. this would immediately improve TWO critical positions in our defense.

i am so impressed with what i have read that if the trade deadline isn't over i'd offer the raiders a 6th and 7th round pick to keep him out of free agency. if he hits the market i would make an all out effort to grab this guy up and then go after the best receiver we can find. we certainly have the money in our coffers with an extra $10 mil rollover.

Thanks,

We don't get to here/see much about him b/c he plays for Croakland, but I remember watching espn hyping him up and questioning why Oakland would trade a 1st last year and a 5th this year plus throw in a huge contract for Deangelo Hall. Now Oakland looks even more foolish for cutting him.

extra thoughts:

I believe if Oak doesn't resign Asomugha by Feb 27 he becomes a UFA, which is also the same time the trading period starts again in the NFL. So I guess there is no way to trade for him. Oak can release him up until Feb 27 and I think he will need to clear waivers first, or the team the signs him gets him for the deal he had with Oak. There may be a rule though since Aso has been in the league long enough that if he is release before the FA he automatically becomes an UFA (this I'm not sure). I basically see three situations happening here: 1-Aso gets tagged before Feb 27, 2-Aso resigns long term w/ Oak 3-Aso becomes UFA. We'll be lucky if he makes it to FA IMO.