Wildcard?

selection7

Don't look now, but even if we don't win the division, there's only 3 teams ahead of us and 2 wildcard slots. Tampa, Atlanta, & Dallas. And Dallas has a killer schedule (Philly, Giants, & Baltimore) so I would count them out, especially after last Sunday's game. Tampa and Atlanta still have to play each other so that's one guaranteed loss for one of them. Also, Atlanta plays Minny, so either Minny will win the division but help us out by beating Atanta, or Atlanta will beat Minny and help make it possible for us to retake the division.

There's also other 7-6 teams, so it's still pretty unlikely, but still possible if the Bears win out. Big if, I know.

Not quite...

That D was pretty stellar even before they looked poised for the run...ours not so much. Also, remember that not much was expected of them. ...and they didn't make to the SB 2 years prior to that.

Our D is a serious disappointment...

:dabears

Last year, Giants fans were probably saying all this negative s*** about their team like we are this year about our team.

When you get in, anything can happen. Period.

Not quite...

That D was pretty stellar even before they looked poised for the run...ours not so much. Also, remember that not much was expected of them. ...and they didn't make to the SB 2 years prior to that.

Our D is a serious disappointment...

:dabears

SMACK!!!

(me hitting you with the optimist stick) LOL

SMACK!!!

(me hitting you with the optimist stick) LOL

I don't care how big your "optomistic stick" is, the way this D has played this year, Madlith is right to be disappointed and not expectant. They were supposed to be the heart of the team, and they have not produced.

Last year, Giants fans were probably saying all this negative s*** about their team like we are this year about our team.

When you get in, anything can happen. Period.

Thing is they have a real QB in Eli Manning. We don't.

They also had a real D line...and real WR's...

All of their offense starts up front, as they have one of the best OL's in the game. Manning usually has all day to throw the ball, thus giving his recievers ample time to get open and allows the running game to run downhill. They consistently win the time of possession battle allowing their D line to be fresh and explosive.

True, but it still doesn't alter the fact they had a real DL and WR's... If your wide open WR's can't catch a bread basket pass, you're punting...

All of their offense starts up front, as they have one of the best OL's in the game. Manning usually has all day to throw the ball, thus giving his recievers ample time to get open and allows the running game to run downhill. They consistently win the time of possession battle allowing their D line to be fresh and explosive.

True, but it still doesn't alter the fact they had a real DL and WR's... If your wide open WR's can't catch a bread basket pass, you're punting...

I would contend that our DL was considered a strength in the past. I don't really know why it is not anymore, but feel it can be again. It is not for a lack of talent. Motivation and good coaching can go a long way. They have WR's, yes, but we have TE's and an all-purpose back. Manning was a mediocre, at best, QB until the 2nd half of last year. IMO - the major difference is the OL. In their case and hypothetically ours, the OL makes everything better.

It's the old, that was then, this is now. I personally blame the coaches, but whatever it is, the D is not getting it done.

Agreed, the OL will make your O better, but it doesn't take on the opposition's QB... The Giants had it on both sides of the ball. We arguably don't have it on either...

I would contend that our DL was considered a strength in the past. I don't really know why it is not anymore, but feel it can be again. It is not for a lack of talent. Motivation and good coaching can go a long way. They have WR's, yes, but we have TE's and an all-purpose back. Manning was a mediocre, at best, QB until the 2nd half of last year. IMO - the major difference is the OL. In their case and hypothetically ours, the OL makes everything better.