Vikings/Cardinals

Ed Hochuli 3:16

No, he wasnt worth the money

Are you freakin crazy? Compare him to any receiver we have had in the past 3-4 years, and he's leaps and bounds the best. He was the closest thing we had to a no. 1 receiver in a long time. Should we have given him the contract he got? Maybe, but we sure as hell should have tagged him.

My god, how dense can you be?

After today, if the Vikings win just one more game (most likely since the Giants game will be vs. their backups), they clinch the NFC North because of the tie-breakers, correct?

Yeah, the odds of us making the playoffs are not good (especially since I think we are so bad that the Texans will likely beat us, and who knows with the Packers, they suck but they raped us). Man, our team as a whole is just bad. How exactly did we win 8 games so far?

Are you freakin crazy? Compare him to any receiver we have had in the past 3-4 years, and he's leaps and bounds the best. He was the closest thing we had to a no. 1 receiver in a long time. Should we have given him the contract he got? Maybe, but we sure as hell should have tagged him.

Hey jackass, I dont care how CLOSE to a number one he was, he was never a number one. I agree he was our best WR but he wasnt worth the money he got and if we did sign him we would have been crippled in spending money on WRs. We dont need a a guy that has one or two catches a game, we need a possession WR, not Bernard freakin Berrian. I would have been ok with tagging him but that wasnt the question now was it? I cant remember one time you have said anything that has made any sense on here. Christ, Im pretty sure you wanted us to take Andre Woodson at 14 for a while...

So,back to what I said, Berrian wasnt worth what Minnesota paid for him, not the stupid shit you threw in about him being the closest thing to a number one weve had in a while...

Sorry, Berrian wasn't worth the coin he was paid. He is a nice player but he is not a #1.

Don't forget we will most likely be getting a 3rd for him.

Peace :dabears

Sorry, Berrian wasn't worth the coin he was paid. He is a nice player but he is not a #1.
I was on the fence regarding Berrian, then I thought it best that he go. Now, he has killed our hopes twice. Once with the 99 yarder and today against Arizona. He's proving to be a huge weapon and probably worth the money he got from the Queens. I'll be drafting him for my fantasy team next year if they sign a servicable QB.

Don't forget we will most likely be getting a 3rd for him.

That's a consolation prize that takes some of the sting away.

Hey jackass, I dont care how CLOSE to a number one he was, he was never a number one. I agree he was our best WR but he wasnt worth the money he got and if we did sign him we would have been crippled in spending money on WRs. We dont need a a guy that has one or two catches a game, we need a possession WR, not Bernard freakin Berrian. I would have been ok with tagging him but that wasnt the question now was it? I cant remember one time you have said anything that has made any sense on here. Christ, Im pretty sure you wanted us to take Andre Woodson at 14 for a while...

So,back to what I said, Berrian wasnt worth what Minnesota paid for him, not the stupid shit you threw in about him being the closest thing to a number one weve had in a while...

You think the majority of players in the NFL are worth the "coin" they're paid? freak no. But so far, Berrian has proved to be a dangerous weapon for Minnesota and is putting up big numbers with QB's as bad, if not worse, then our QB's from last year. Hell, even last year Berrian caught 71 passes and put up nearly 1,000 yards when he was quite frankly the only weapon the offense had, and that was with 3 different QB's who pretty much all sucked last year.

Now is he worth a 6 year 43 million deal? No, but Hester was far from being worth 4 years 40 million. Letting Berrian go was one of the dumbest moves this current organization has done in the past couple of year. Now, how stupid is it that we gave an unproven WR (albeit he was the best KR/PR in the league) as much, if not more money, then a proven WR like Berrian? To make matters worse, Hester still had 2 years left on his contract.

And thanks for making up something about me, saying I wanted Andre Woodson with the 14 pick. Early in the 2007 season I might have tossed around the idea of Woodson in the 1st round, but back then Woodson was considered a possible top 10 pick.

You think the majority of players in the NFL are worth the "coin" they're paid? freak no. But so far, Berrian has proved to be a dangerous weapon for Minnesota and is putting up big numbers with QB's as bad, if not worse, then our QB's from last year. Hell, even last year Berrian caught 71 passes and put up nearly 1,000 yards when he was quite frankly the only weapon the offense had, and that was with 3 different QB's who pretty much all sucked last year.

Now is he worth a 6 year 43 million deal? No, but Hester was far from being worth 4 years 40 million. Letting Berrian go was one of the dumbest moves this current organization has done in the past couple of year. Now, how stupid is it that we gave an unproven WR (albeit he was the best KR/PR in the league) as much, if not more money, then a proven WR like Berrian? To make matters worse, Hester still had 2 years left on his contract.

And thanks for making up something about me, saying I wanted Andre Woodson with the 14 pick. Early in the 2007 season I might have tossed around the idea of Woodson in the 1st round, but back then Woodson was considered a possible top 10 pick.

All I said was Berrian wasnt worth what he got paid. It wasnt about Hester or any other player in the NFL and that made me "dense." As you can see where I bolded you obviously agree with me, he wasnt worth the money, so what the hell are you even talking about?

We shouldn't had to rely on other teams.

We only have ourselves to blame.

Blowing games at Carolina and Atlanta.

Then, blow a lead at home vs Tampa Bay.

We almost added another blown game vs New Orleans.

Sorry, but Berrian and his 42 catches are not worth #1 money, nor franchise tag money.

What was going to be our hit if we tagged him? $8m? $10m? Sorry, but I think you have a hard time justifying that sort of money for such an inconsistent WR.

Sure, compared to what we have Berrian looks great, but that isn't saying much. There were other WRs we could have added who have had even better production than Berrian, and for much less money. I still believe letting Berrian go was not a mistake. The mistake was believing WRs like Davis, Hester and Bradley were worthy of starting.

Sure, compared to what we have Berrian looks great, but that isn't saying much. There were other WRs we could have added who have had even better production than Berrian, and for much less money. I still believe letting Berrian go was not a mistake. The mistake was believing WRs like Davis, Hester and Bradley were worthy of starting.

Agreed 100%. I don't necessarily have an issue with Devin in the mix. Davis, Lloyd, and Booker are the problem.

I don't have an issue w/ Hester in the mix at WR. I have an issue w/ expecting Hester, and any other the rest, to be our starters. At one point, all had been mentioned as a starter for us, yet I would argue none should have been. Hester and Davis should have been considered #3s. Davis has looked more worthy of flipping burgers, but I am talking about pre-season.

So while I don't have an issue letting Berrian go, as I just don't feel he was worth the money, I do have an issue w/ WR not being a higher priority for us in the off-season.

Agreed 100%. I don't necessarily have an issue with Devin in the mix. Davis, Lloyd, and Booker are the problem.

So while I don't have an issue letting Berrian go, as I just don't feel he was worth the money, I do have an issue w/ WR not being a higher priority for us in the off-season.

I agree, we should have brought in some WR talent.

Our defense is solid with the personel we have. Some backup depth here and there may be needed but if the guys we have play to their potential, they are a solid bunch capable of being a top 10 defense. The problem is not the personel but the coaching, IMO.

I think Orton has developed far more this year than I ever expected considering he has no quality receivers to work with except our TEs and at times has had problems with protection. I like his backup in Caleb H. I would like to see a 4th or 5th rounder drafted to develop at #3.

Our main concerns this offseason (besides a possible change in some coaching positions?) is OL and WR.

The way I see it is we are 2 quality WRs and 2 quality OLmen away from having a top 10 offense. (and of course an OC who know what the heck he is doing)

Our main concerns this offseason (besides a possible change in some coaching positions?) is OL and WR.

The way I see it is we are 2 quality WRs and 2 quality OLmen away from having a top 10 offense. (and of course an OC who know what the heck he is doing)

Which means we will draft DL and LB in April.

Which means we will draft DL and LB in April.

You know it! :banghead